Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

View Poll Results: who wins?
The Spider 16 47.06%
Hendo 18 52.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Henderson should have won last time, but he made some pretty costly mistakes. Anderson Silva has been lacking, maybe in motivation recently, his bouts at present are so...inactive...that he might as well be on a mantle collecting dust. This of course wont apply when he fights outside of his weight class. Lets see how he does v Griffin...because that will show, hopefully, his present level when pitted against a moderate threat.

If he struggles, then Henderson will zap him, if he fairs alright then it should be more competative. I still think, bar a serious mistake like last time, Henderson will be able to win.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I voted Hendo.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:45 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
he did what GSP does....takedown, LnP and mix in some GnP. he won the round easy and could win the fight next time if he's patient and sticks to the plan, because Silva isn't getting up unless the ref calls stalling.
i have to disagree with that. silva was patiently waiting on his back for a couple minutes and then suddenly he exploded and pulled a beautiful unorthodox switch that i had never seen before in my life. i wish i had a gif of it because it was really something incredible. right after he did that he was about to get back up but the bell rang. that patience + sweep showed that he can get up if he really wants to. he just waits patiently while taking no damage... then when the time is right he CAN get up on his own. the funny thing is that i don't think he minded being on his back. not just in that fight but in any fight. i think he actually likes it because he knows nobody can do damage to him and he will get up when they make a mistake out of frustration
Old 08-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i have to disagree with that. silva was patiently waiting on his back for a couple minutes and then suddenly he exploded and pulled a beautiful unorthodox switch that i had never seen before in my life. i wish i had a gif of it because it was really something incredible. right after he did that he was about to get back up but the bell rang. that patience + sweep showed that he can get up if he really wants to. he just waits patiently while taking no damage... then when the time is right he CAN get up on his own. the funny thing is that i don't think he minded being on his back. not just in that fight but in any fight. i think he actually likes it because he knows nobody can do damage to him and he will get up when they make a mistake out of frustration
who are you talking about? im pretty sure hendo had silva on his back until the round was over. i remember anderson doing a switch on marquardt.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
No Silva held Dan looking for a sub or the ref to stand it up Dan did nothing, the hammer fists were of no use what so ever. The only time he advanced was when aderson tried to roll into a traingle. I accept he won the round however he cant do that for five rounds and Silva has already proved he can hurt dan at will.
hammer fisting his face kept it from being stood up. he didn't need to advance, the ref didn't stand it up so he felt Dan was active enough.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:47 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Henderson should have won last time, but he made some pretty costly mistakes.
indeed and he won't make them again...ie, trading punches. he'll be smarter this time and just punch enough to get Silva clinched and taken down every round. he can KO Silva with 1 punch so he'll just take his time. Silva can't be aggressive cause Dan will get him down. and Dan can't play Silva's game and trade. strike, clinch, TD will win this for Dan.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I voted Hendo.
you are learning grasshopper.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
who are you talking about? im pretty sure hendo had silva on his back until the round was over. i remember anderson doing a switch on marquardt.
this
Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Krupp

Hendo can win the rematch. I know he can. He has all the ability in the world to do so. He just needs to not be so careless when he's standing up against Silva like last time. If he can do that, then he can and will win this fight. I would actually look forward to seeing that.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
I think hes thinking of the second franklin fight where he pulled a sick aweep to get back to his feet..