Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

View Poll Results: who wins?
The Spider 16 47.06%
Hendo 18 52.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Henderson takes it if he doesn't engage and throw 4 or 5 punch combos consistently. just be patient like he was in round 1 in their first fight . use dirty boxing and wrestling.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
if he gets past hendo again then his dominance will continue at MW until he faces GSP, then his streak is over... it will then be known as 'murder'.

gsp is way too small for both hendo and silva. he would die
dont entirely disagree but alves is almost or just as big as Henderson...
Old 08-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Hughes fanboy

Alves just got creamed by GSP...what makes u think he'd stand a punchers chance against either Hendor or AS?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-02-2009, 09:10 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
I said Hendo but I admit some of that is just my bias. He controlled Anderson for one round but I kind of doubt he can do it for 5, or for that matter avoid being KO'd. I think he wins the clinch game with Anderson but the reach is going to hurt him. Screw it Hendo for the win!

Not sure where this idea that round one was good for Hendo comes from. He won it but by doing nothing he took Anderson down with 2.30 ish left on the clock and did not manage to advance his position or hurt Anderson once. He laid and prayed throwing the odd hammer-fist until about 20 seconds left in the round.

Then the minute Hendo tried to throw a big shot in round two Anderson took it and rocked him leading to the end of the fight.

I think Anderson takes this one within three rounds and total domination.

Last edited by GnP; 08-03-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:57 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
Not sure where this idea that round one was good for Hendo comes from. He won it but by doing nothing he took Anderson down with 2.30 ish left on the clock and did not manage to advance his position or hurt Anderson once. He laid and prayed throwing the odd hammer-fist until about 20 seconds left in the round.

Then the minute Hendo tried to through a big shot in round two Anderson took and rocked him leading to the end of the fight.

I think Anderson takes this one within three rounds and total domination.
This delivers.

Exactly my thoughts, everybody brings up this one round.
It was sad, he couldn't do ANYTHING.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:44 AM
Hughes_GOAT

he did what GSP does....takedown, LnP and mix in some GnP. he won the round easy and could win the fight next time if he's patient and sticks to the plan, because Silva isn't getting up unless the ref calls stalling.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:50 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
he did what GSP does....takedown, LnP and mix in some GnP. he won the round easy and could win the fight next time if he's patient and sticks to the plan, because Silva isn't getting up unless the ref calls stalling.
Wrong.

GSP transitions a bit, and advances position.
Henderson didn't move.

he didn't throw in knees to the body, elbows, etc... He threw some lame little shots.
He didn't hurt AS, he didn't have him in trouble, etc...
I think GSP has been boring, but at least he does damage.

IMO he was only able to lay for so long because of the odd angle they landed and the weird way AS was laying.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Henderson moved enough to hammer fist Silva as much as he wanted. Silva wasn't stopping it or getting to a better spot. he doesn't have to hurt Silva, just control him on top and land enough shots to keep it on the ground like the first round. Silva didn't get up because Dan is an Olympic wrestler, not because of the weird angle.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:05 AM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Henderson moved enough to hammer fist Silva as much as he wanted. Silva wasn't stopping it or getting to a better spot. he doesn't have to hurt Silva, just control him on top and land enough shots to keep it on the ground like the first round. Silva didn't get up because Dan is an Olympic wrestler, not because of the weird angle.

No Silva held Dan looking for a sub or the ref to stand it up Dan did nothing, the hammer fists were of no use what so ever. The only time he advanced was when aderson tried to roll into a traingle. I accept he won the round however he cant do that for five rounds and Silva has already proved he can hurt dan at will.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Buc Nasty

Hendo is the biggest threat to his title but if I had to put money on it I'd pick Silva again.