Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-01-2009, 04:58 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
whoa dude!!

thats just one of the many possible scenarios that could come with this guy trying to fight fedor. if anything he would be getting the easy way out if that happened!
Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

Fedor is a part owner of M1. But it seems that Fedor the fighter is owned by M1. I wonder what kind of contract Fedor has with M1. I know he owns part, but is there an actual contract with a set amount of fights that he has to do with them? Or because he is an owner, is he tied at the hip to them until the promotion dies?
Old 08-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Hughes_GOAT

i don't think he has a contract with M-1 for a set number of fights? he just fights, with co-promotion, to get exposure for his company.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Meh, it's time to forget about Fedor. In the future, he will be forgotten completely as the UFC is going to be UFC "Global" and M-1 will be a forgotten & bankrupt company in due time.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:45 PM
County Mike

I blame the Russian Mafia. They probably have control over Fedor by threatening his family or something. M1 = Mafia 1.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I blame the Russian Mafia. They probably have control over Fedor by threatening his family or something. M1 = Mafia 1.
What makes you think Fedor isn't Russian mafia?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:30 PM
StizzoFoShizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i don't think he has a contract with M-1 for a set number of fights? he just fights, with co-promotion, to get exposure for his company.
It just seems like he signed a contract with them, but part of it was that h recieved a piece of the company as part of his pay. Otherwise if he isn't under a fighter contract, what's stopping him from fighting for who he wants to fight for. If fedor showed up wearing M1 logos all over his shirts and shorts in the UFC, that would prob be more exposure alone for M1 than any fight he has ever been in under an M1 banner. Especially on a PPV against Brock or Randy.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:47 AM
logrus

If I was the UFC I wouldn't make a deal for a Co Promotion. It;s obvious M-! doesn't know how to promote anyways.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:14 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
If I was the UFC I wouldn't make a deal for a Co Promotion. It;s obvious M-! doesn't know how to promote anyways.
Exactly, M-1 uses Fedor to get into the door, then leaves out the back door with a bag full of money. M-1 is basically the ultimate get rich quick scheme.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
It just seems like he signed a contract with them, but part of it was that h recieved a piece of the company as part of his pay.
i talked to Dana (e-mail) and he said Fedor is under contract for 6 fights or 2 years with M-1. he said Fedor IS done with that contract when either his 6 fights are up or the 2 year period is up. guess what? the 2 year period expires in October. he is worried Sengoku or Strikeforce will try to get him. says they're still trying to get Fedor.