Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-07-2009, 10:11 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I wonder if he's still going to have Freddie Roach as his trainer? I'd imagine there'd be some feuding in Golden Boy Productions if that were the case.
Yes Freddie is going to train him.

Why would that cause issues?
(I know nothing about boxing)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Waiting for June 6th
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Yes Freddie is going to train him.

Why would that cause issues?
(I know nothing about boxing)
Golden Boy Productions is run by (shockingly) "The Golden Boy" Oscar de la Hoya. Freddie coached Oscar for the Mayweather fight. After he lost, Oscar threw Freddie under the bus, claiming that the loss was all his fault. Freddie then went public & said he knew why Oscar had lost. Then the Manny/Oscar fight rolls around, Manny hires Freddie & Freddie trains Manny to run rings around Oscar.

So, Oscar & Freddie aren't exactly best of buddies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-09-2009, 01:55 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Golden Boy Productions is run by (shockingly) "The Golden Boy" Oscar de la Hoya. Freddie coached Oscar for the Mayweather fight. After he lost, Oscar threw Freddie under the bus, claiming that the loss was all his fault. Freddie then went public & said he knew why Oscar had lost. Then the Manny/Oscar fight rolls around, Manny hires Freddie & Freddie trains Manny to run rings around Oscar.

So, Oscar & Freddie aren't exactly best of buddies.


ohhh yeah.
Thats why after the Manny fight Oscar was like
"You're right Freddie, I don't have it anymore"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-09-2009, 01:57 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Waiting for June 6th
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
ohhh yeah.
Thats why after the Manny fight Oscar was like
"You're right Freddie, I don't have it anymore"
Yeah. I mean, I think that Oscar's enough of a business man to not forbid Freddie from training, but it's not like they'll be skipping down the hallways & having picnics together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yeah. I mean, I think that Oscar's enough of a business man to not forbid Freddie from training, but it's not like they'll be skipping down the hallways & having picnics together.

Dana on the other hand
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Preach
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

AA should really try track and field or a sport that doesn't result in him getting hit. Maybe boxing will be better to him than MMA was cause he blows imo
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-12-2009, 01:27 AM