Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Yes.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:33 PM
County Mike

Quote:
I didn't say the courses shouldn't exist or that people shouldn't be able to learn about it. I'm just saying that they are racist classes.

Funny how: "White American Studies" could be described as "Study of historical achievements by white Americans" and it would sound very racist.

Changing the race does not erase the racism.
I hate being the last post on a page. Tends to get missed so I copied here.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:11 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I have a real simple idea! If a cop comes to your door and explains that he needs to see ID cause of a reported break in,show your ID no matter what your race. Its as simple as that! It ain't necessary to curse,yell and try to pick a fight. Just simply show ID then see how the cop re-act's! On a side note this allegedly Racist cop has saved one Black person that we know of. You see its real simple!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Chris Wescott

Default Uggggg

I can't agree more.

Mr. Gate's racism is not recognized. Why not?

And we all have had hard times in our past. Those of us with strength and integrity don't use it as a crutch or as an excuse for our current poor behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man
Gates made it a matter of race when he started yelling "Is This How You Treat A Black Man In America?" when he was asked to provide identification. Frankly, I don't care about Mr Gate's past experience. He doesn't get a "Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free" card because he "lived through the civil rights movement". All he had to do was say: "I think there has been a mistake here, officer. I live here. Here is my driver's license, which, as you can see, has this address on it. I just returned from vacation and had trouble with a stuck door. Is there anything else I can do to clear this up for you?" It would have taken less than 30 seconds.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Chris Wescott

Are we really that scared of the race conversation? The word racist?

Race is not a bad word. Being black and proud of your heratige makes you racist, is that bad? Are white people allowed to express their pride in being white comfortably?

Hispanics, can they be proud to be hispanic?

WTF? If we keep ignoring the 900 pound gorrilla it's going to sit on us one day and that will probably hurt.

Quote:
I didn't say the courses shouldn't exist or that people shouldn't be able to learn about it. I'm just saying that they are racist classes.

Funny how: "White American Studies" could be described as "Study of historical achievements by white Americans" and it would sound very racist.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wescott
Are we really that scared of the race conversation? The word racist?

Race is not a bad word. Being black and proud of your heratige makes you racist, is that bad? Are white people allowed to express their pride in being white comfortably?

Hispanics, can they be proud to be hispanic?

WTF? If we keep ignoring the 900 pound gorrilla it's going to sit on us one day and that will probably hurt.

THAT'S RACIST!!!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:08 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:

They have European studies in many Universities .. I don't see that as racist ... I mean, African studies are studies about issues from the continent of africa, European studies are about issues from the continent of Europe ...
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
They have European studies in many Universities .. I don't see that as racist ... I mean, African studies are studies about issues from the continent of africa, European studies are about issues from the continent of Europe ...
He doesn't teach "African Studies". He teaches "African American Studies". I'm guessing it really has nothing to do with Africa.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your race or teaching racial history. There's only a problem when it's used in a hateful way.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I actually 100% agree with you. Singling out any group of people based on race is racist. The motivations are irrelevant. In other words, singling blacks out as under-evolved, subhumans (the way 19th century Evolutionary scientists did) is just as bad as blacks singling themselves out as a way to prop up their own achievements as a people.

America is supposed to be a melting pot where race and social class doesn't matter. However, the blacks seem to want to keep themselves segregated.

Basically, if you want to find the source of modern racism, then you need look no further than the self-proclaimed leaders of the "black community" in America. If everyone was getting along fine, then they would find themselves falling out of power and influence very quickly. So, they need to continually rekindle the fires of hatred and keep their own people feeling oppressed and unhappy in order to keep themselves in power. Thus, the true enemies of blacks in America are men like Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, and this idiot Harvard professor, among others.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:45 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I actually 100% agree with you. Singling out any group of people based on race is racist. The motivations are irrelevant. In other words, singling blacks out as under-evolved, subhumans (the way 19th century Evolutionary scientists did) is just as bad as blacks singling themselves out as a way to prop up their own achievements as a people.

America is supposed to be a melting pot where race and social class doesn't matter. However, the blacks seem to want to keep themselves segregated.

Basically, if you want to find the source of modern racism, then you need look no further than the self-proclaimed leaders of the "black community" in America. If everyone was getting along fine, then they would find themselves falling out of power and influence very quickly. So, they need to continually rekindle the fires of hatred and keep their own people feeling oppressed and unhappy in order to keep themselves in power. Thus, the true enemies of blacks in America are men like Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, and this idiot Harvard professor, among others.
I agree and disagree ... i think you are right in that some of the leaders are holding back blacks from progressing forward ... they are not teaching blacks to integrate and move on with the past and better yourself ... being brown, (LOL) ... having a leader like Gandhi was way different ... (now i am not that old, but he laid the groundwork for the progress of india) ... he was able to bring the best out of Indians and tell them to not rely on the British for anything, so they made their own clothes, got their salt from the ocean ... all of which was against the law at the time, but was an unjust law ... now look at the progress of india .. sure they still have a ways to go, but since gaining independence in 1947 to 60 years later being where they are today .. so that i agree with you ... but to know ones history, or to learn about things. in my history class in highschool, we learned how the chinese were a major part of building the railway here in North America ... is that racist? ..