Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Chris Wescott

Default Harvard Professor's Arrest

I need help understanding. Let me start by saying my mind is open, but I deal in fact.

This Gates fella in Boston...

Seeing a black guy prying open a door is suspicious. Frankly anyone breaking into a house is suspicious.

His refusing to tell the cops his name is suspicious.

Did the cops profile him? Who cares? His behavior was suspicous plain and simple.

Am I wrong?
Old 07-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Hughes fanboy

The cops acted "stupidly" .

That kinda says it all.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Crisco

don't get me started on this nonsense.

This guy is a more educated Al Sharpton that is all.

I'm glad the cop refused to apologize it's a victory for fair and equal race relations that he refused to bow down.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:14 PM

The cop was doing his job. Prof. Gates was being an @$$ and inflamed the situation to a point where they felt they finally had to arrest him. Sounds like they (cops) were just trying to verify he was who he said he was, the homeowner, and he had to turn it into racial profiling and that the cop was a rogue cop. From what I understand it was one of his neighbors who made the call to 911 saying someone was breaking into his house.

As for the president, he should have made "no comment"....period!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:30 PM
County Mike

I was wondering when this topic would come up.

Police respond to a burglary call and find this guy inside the house.
He refuses to provide identification - calling the cop a racist instead.
Once he finally does prove that he's the homeowner, the cops start to leave.
He follows them, berating them the whole time about being racist.
Finally, the cop warns him that he's being disorderly and if he doesn't stop, he'll be arrested.
He doesn't stop. He's arrested.
Obama makes a comment about the cop acting stupidly for arresting the homeowner.
Cop refuses to apologize. He was doing his job.
Turns out, the cop is also the instructor for racial sensitivity training and has been for about 9 years.

He did no wrong. He simply questioned a suspect and then arrested a disorderly person. If the professor had just shown ID when first questioned it would have been a non-issue.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:38 PM
rearnakedchoke

The cop shoulda tased him.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:41 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
The cop was doing his job. Prof. Gates was being an @$$ and inflamed the situation to a point where they felt they finally had to arrest him. Sounds like they (cops) were just trying to verify he was who he said he was, the homeowner, and he had to turn it into racial profiling and that the cop was a rogue cop. From what I understand it was one of his neighbors who made the call to 911 saying someone was breaking into his house.

As for the president, he should have made "no comment"....period!!!
That's pretty much my understanding of the matter! Sounds to me like the big shot professor was looking for trouble!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I was wondering when this topic would come up.
I started a thread in the "Woodshed" titled "He Said/V.I.P. Said" but it didn't take off; probably because the thread title wasn't clear about the subject matter. The post links to an excellent column by Mark Steyn about the Gates/Cambridge Cop incident.

I find it ironic that Obama has spent his first 6 months in office going from country to country apologizing for the past actions of America; yet, on a personal level, he will not publicly apologize to a police officer for bad-mouthing his actions before he had the facts. I find it ironic that Obama is quick to state that this police officer "acted stupidly", yet he will not criticize the actions of foreign leaders like Castro, Chavez, etc. Additionally, I find it ironic, that the black President of the United States, the black Governor of Massachusetts, the black mayor and a black Harvard professor all are attacking America for being racist; if America is so racist, how did they get into their positions of power, being that blacks make up only about 12-13% of the population?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man
I started a thread in the "Woodshed" titled "He Said/V.I.P. Said" but it didn't take off; probably because the thread title wasn't clear about the subject matter. The post links to an excellent column by Mark Steyn about the Gates/Cambridge Cop incident.

I find it ironic that Obama has spent his first 6 months in office going from country to country apologizing for the past actions of America; yet, on a personal level, he will not publicly apologize to a police officer for bad-mouthing his actions before he had the facts. I find it ironic that Obama is quick to state that this police officer "acted stupidly", yet he will not criticize the actions of foreign leaders like Castro, Chavez, etc. Additionally, I find it ironic, that the black President of the United States, the black Governor of Massachusetts, the black mayor and a black Harvard professor all are attacking America for being racist; if America is so racist, how did they get into their positions of power, being that blacks make up only about 12-13% of the population?
Well, America is very racist 96% of black voters voted for Obama and on ly about 1 in 9 know his political stances.

So yes they are correct America is very racist.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Well, America is very racist 96% of black voters voted for Obama and on ly about 1 in 9 know his political stances.

So yes they are correct America is very racist.
Touche'!