Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:33 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Again, that's you and your experience. It's very different for others.Consider yourself damn lucky.
Well, call it luck all you want. Others would call it inner strength.
It's like people who binge eat. Some people want to exercise and change diet habits, others actually do it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,292
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Not quite the same as tomatoes (toe may toes) tomatoes (toe mot toes) is it?
Nope. I'm pretty sure judges don't accept the "Same Difference" defense.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 AM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
No, not really. "Considered dead" and "is dead" are completely different. "Considered free" and "is free" are completely different. "Considered cheating" and "is cheating" are completely different (as any glance into the GSP greasing thread will show).
But the thing is, it's not necessarily illegal everywhere in the States. In this case, it's considered illegal in his jurisdiction by those particular authorities. You get me?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Nope. I'm pretty sure judges don't accept the "Same Difference" defense.
It's being decriminalized in many areas already, maybe because the government realizes that imprisoning potheads is amazingly stupid. Do you honestly, or does anyone, honestly believe someone should go to jail for smoking cannabis?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:43 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,778
Default

Well just FYI, theres scientific reasoning behind addiction that I can't even began to touch up on in this forum ( and I wouldnt want to ) but please just don't look down too harshly on people with true severe addiction issues because you have "inner strength" and others don't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Well, call it luck all you want. Others would call it inner strength.
It's like people who binge eat. Some people want to exercise and change diet habits, others actually do it.
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Well just FYI, theres scientific reasoning behind addiction that I can't even began to touch up on in this forum ( and I wouldnt want to ) but please just don't look down too harshly on people with true severe addiction issues because you have "inner strength" and others don't.
ERIC CARTMAN YOU RACKA DISCIPRIN!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:49 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Well just FYI, theres scientific reasoning behind addiction that I can't even began to touch up on in this forum ( and I wouldnt want to ) but please just don't look down too harshly on people with true severe addiction issues because you have "inner strength" and others don't.
I appreciate that and have read on addiction as well, but my opinion is "addiction" in any form (drugs, alcohol, overeating, etc.) is just another crutch used to alleviate personal responsibility or self-discipline. Granted, I'm not funded by the government to run those tests, but having gone through the experiences, that's how I feel anyways. It's not harsh, just honest
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:54 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,778
Default

Well, perhaps with a little more life experience and maturity you'll open your narrow mind just a little bit
God bless you kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I appreciate that and have read on addiction as well, but my opinion is "addiction" in any form (drugs, alcohol, overeating, etc.) is just another crutch used to alleviate personal responsibility or self-discipline. Granted, I'm not funded by the government to run those tests, but having gone through the experiences, that's how I feel anyways. It's not harsh, just honest
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:58 AM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I appreciate that and have read on addiction as well, but my opinion is "addiction" in any form (drugs, alcohol, overeating, etc.) is just another crutch used to alleviate personal responsibility or self-discipline. Granted, I'm not funded by the government to run those tests, but having gone through the experiences, that's how I feel anyways. It's not harsh, just honest
The classic nature defense. Some people are just scorpions. It happens.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-05-2009, 03:58 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i bet he will be in next month's issue of High Times. i wouldn't be surprised if they start sponsoring him too
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.