Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-05-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Again, that's you and your experience. It's very different for others.Consider yourself damn lucky.
Well, call it luck all you want. Others would call it inner strength.
It's like people who binge eat. Some people want to exercise and change diet habits, others actually do it.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Not quite the same as tomatoes (toe may toes) tomatoes (toe mot toes) is it?
Nope. I'm pretty sure judges don't accept the "Same Difference" defense.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
No, not really. "Considered dead" and "is dead" are completely different. "Considered free" and "is free" are completely different. "Considered cheating" and "is cheating" are completely different (as any glance into the GSP greasing thread will show).
But the thing is, it's not necessarily illegal everywhere in the States. In this case, it's considered illegal in his jurisdiction by those particular authorities. You get me?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Nope. I'm pretty sure judges don't accept the "Same Difference" defense.
It's being decriminalized in many areas already, maybe because the government realizes that imprisoning potheads is amazingly stupid. Do you honestly, or does anyone, honestly believe someone should go to jail for smoking cannabis?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:43 AM
Stump Rules!

Well just FYI, theres scientific reasoning behind addiction that I can't even began to touch up on in this forum ( and I wouldnt want to ) but please just don't look down too harshly on people with true severe addiction issues because you have "inner strength" and others don't.

Quote:
Well, call it luck all you want. Others would call it inner strength.
It's like people who binge eat. Some people want to exercise and change diet habits, others actually do it.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Moose

Quote:
Well just FYI, theres scientific reasoning behind addiction that I can't even began to touch up on in this forum ( and I wouldnt want to ) but please just don't look down too harshly on people with true severe addiction issues because you have "inner strength" and others don't.
ERIC CARTMAN YOU RACKA DISCIPRIN!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:49 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
I appreciate that and have read on addiction as well, but my opinion is "addiction" in any form (drugs, alcohol, overeating, etc.) is just another crutch used to alleviate personal responsibility or self-discipline. Granted, I'm not funded by the government to run those tests, but having gone through the experiences, that's how I feel anyways. It's not harsh, just honest
Old 02-05-2009, 03:54 AM
Stump Rules!

Well, perhaps with a little more life experience and maturity you'll open your narrow mind just a little bit
God bless you kid.

Quote:
I appreciate that and have read on addiction as well, but my opinion is "addiction" in any form (drugs, alcohol, overeating, etc.) is just another crutch used to alleviate personal responsibility or self-discipline. Granted, I'm not funded by the government to run those tests, but having gone through the experiences, that's how I feel anyways. It's not harsh, just honest

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-05-2009, 03:58 AM
Moose

Quote:
The classic nature defense. Some people are just scorpions. It happens.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:58 AM
que

i bet he will be in next month's issue of High Times. i wouldn't be surprised if they start sponsoring him too