Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Kongo has no ground game and never will.

Mir subs Kongo while drinking a Coors...
exactly.

but......Mir isn't a stud wrestler either, so he'd have to get it there first. like i said, if he can hurt Mir standing, and not rush in like he did with Cain, he will win easily. Mir can't stand with him. Kongo had Cain KO'd IMO, but was stupid and rushed in too often and allowed Cain to grab him for the takedown and recover.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:14 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Kongo has no ground game and never will.

Mir subs Kongo while drinking a Coors...

Hahahaha Indeed.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:25 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
exactly.

but......Mir isn't a stud wrestler either, so he'd have to get it there first. like i said, if he can hurt Mir standing, and not rush in like he did with Cain, he will win easily. Mir can't stand with him. Kongo had Cain KO'd IMO, but was stupid and rushed in too often and allowed Cain to grab him for the takedown and recover.

He rushed in to finish Cain, how was Kongo supposed to know he was fighting Robocop? That said, Kongo is done in the UFC,imo. Him and Bisping both have been fed can after can, now it appears the UFC has decided the free ride is over
Old 07-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
He rushed in to finish Cain, how was Kongo supposed to know he was fighting Robocop? That said, Kongo is done in the UFC,imo. Him and Bisping both have been fed can after can, now it appears the UFC has decided the free ride is over
you never rush an opponent, especially a wrestler. no way Cain wins had Kongo had patience.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
you never rush an opponent, especially a wrestler. no way Cain wins had Kongo had patience.

Not entirely true but I see what you're saying and I will concede that Kongo fought like an idiot Two things came out of that fight. First, Kongo's ground game is so bad its scarey. So utterly devoid of skill that his rise from mediocrity can only be attributed to the UFC helping him via sub-par fighters. Lastly, Kongo is doomed at HW. He has power but his striking is not good enough to save him from getting taken down and destroyed, and yes, he will get destroyed.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:36 AM
Hughes_GOAT

i agree his gg is garbage. i'm just saying his striking was good enough in that fight to cover his lack of gg. he just managed to let Cain get a hold of him even after he dropped him twice.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:19 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Seems to me it depends on Mir getting it to the ground!
Old 07-30-2009, 04:04 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
Seems to me it depends on Mir getting it to the ground!
yeah, if he gets it to the ground, it's over.