Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Fedor is a -240 favorite right now but because Brock is so popular here, it should be around -400 favorite for Fedor.
if Brock is +200 or more I'm going to throw a hundo on him just incase.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
Did you even READ what I wrote O_o - to whom did I refer, to WHOM ? ? ?

And this a flippin message board, never make personal attacks, only attack the argument or carry on then.
First off, I didn't attack you, just the comment you made. Second, the part that is idiotic is to think somehow just because you don't know anyone that knows about MMA other than the UFC, somehow translates into anything related to this thread. Fedor is widely known in MMA, period. Just because your friends don't know about him doesn't mean squat.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 AM
matthughesfan21

there are several reports claiming that the UFC and Fedor are close to finalizing a deal(LA times were the first to report it)....M-1 is denying the reports, but this is common involving most signings throughout sports...I'm still not getting my hopes up though, this crap has been going on for 2 years, I'll believe it when I see it

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...zing-deal.html

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...elianenko.html
Old 07-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Dana has scheduled a press conference for Friday.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:02 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Dana has scheduled a press conference for Friday.
true, but there have been reports that the UFC are absorbing some affliction contracts from lower tier guys, maybe dana will just announce that...Fedor has a press conference tomorrow...I'm remaining pessimistic here because when I was optimistic in the past, i got nowhere
Old 07-29-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Fedor needs to PROVE he can fight inside the OCTAGON. Everybody wooed on Rua, Wandy, CC, Nog who came from Pride...none of them guys have been all too impressive when nuthuggers salivated at the mere mention of them entering the Octagon.

Fedor has fought and won many great fights, but that doesn't earn him his way about everything. He has already declared himself the UFC HW champ if he thinks the UFC should fold under his will.

Without the UFC Fedor would have far less promotion than he has gotten on his own.

DW is right to negotiate with him on HIS terms.
Fedor would be crazy not to push for everything when his stock is this high. I think Fedor's management is doing all the negotiations anyways

I also think that Dana is more likely to find some compromises. he said himself that he's never been able to sit down in a room with Fedor. They've never even met face to face. With the recent "verbal phone agreement" he was willing ot make with Mirko, I don't see why he won't bend a bit.

[
Old 07-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Chuck

Well if this is true would Josh be the guy that saved MMA or the guy that killed Affliction?

Maybe "saved" is a strong word but if his failed test gets Fedor in the UFC then he would be more of a hero then a goat no???

Also... pure speculation.... IF Fedor makes it to the UFC.... obviously he's a HOF fighter.... I wonder how many fights in the Octagon he would have to have before Dana could justify putting him in the HOF. After all it is a UFC HOF not MMA....
Old 07-29-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Well if this is true would Josh be the guy that saved MMA or the guy that killed Affliction?

Maybe "saved" is a strong word but if his failed test gets Fedor in the UFC then he would be more of a hero then a goat no???

Also... pure speculation.... IF Fedor makes it to the UFC.... obviously he's a HOF fighter.... I wonder how many fights in the Octagon he would have to have before Dana could justify putting him in the HOF. After all it is a UFC HOF not MMA....
Yeah, but they now own the Pride archive so they can justify putting him in based on his Pride career. IMO

[
Old 07-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Fedor would be crazy not to push for everything when his stock is this high. I think Fedor's management is doing all the negotiations anyways.
Aren't they assuming Fedor will destroy anyone who is put against him in the UFC. I say let him prove it, its pretty cocky of them isn't it? He may walk into the Octagon and be smashed. Remember Cro Cop, wandy, Rua? Those guys didn't perform the way their fans expected. The same can be assumed of Fedor lest he proves otherwise.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 07-29-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Aren't they assuming Fedor will destroy anyone who is put against him in the UFC. I say let him prove it, its pretty cocky of them isn't it? He may walk into the Octagon and be smashed. Remember Cro Cop, wandy, Rua? Those guys didn't perform the way their fans expected. The same can be assumed of Fedor lest he proves otherwise.
The difference is we'd seen the other guys lose before..Crocop had a devastating KO loss to Randleman, Wandy had recently gotten KTFO by Hendo. Nog had been beaten by Fedor. Shogu had that freak loss to Coleman.

The difference is that we've never seen Fedor lose (legitimately). the only thing working against Fedor (if anything) is that he's never (to my knowledge) competed in a cage.

and as far as them being cocky: that's the manager's job. Their fighter is a product that they have to sell sell sell!

I respect your points though.

[