Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
Fedor needs to PROVE he can fight inside the OCTAGON. Everybody wooed on Rua, Wandy, CC, Nog who came from Pride...none of them guys have been all too impressive when nuthuggers salivated at the mere mention of them entering the Octagon.

Fedor has fought and won many great fights, but that doesn't earn him his way about everything. He has already declared himself the UFC HW champ if he thinks the UFC should fold under his will.

Without the UFC Fedor would have far less promotion than he has gotten on his own.

DW is right to negotiate with him on HIS terms.
I agree.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:12 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Fedor needs to PROVE he can fight inside the OCTAGON. Everybody wooed on Rua, Wandy, CC, Nog who came from Pride...none of them guys have been all too impressive when nuthuggers salivated at the mere mention of them entering the Octagon.

Fedor has fought and won many great fights, but that doesn't earn him his way about everything. He has already declared himself the UFC HW champ if he thinks the UFC should fold under his will.

Without the UFC Fedor would have far less promotion than he has gotten on his own.

I think Shogun is doing great, so is Rampage.
Nog is also doing fine, he lost one fight lol.
CC is the only one I would say didn't live up to the hype.

When has Fedor ever declared himself the best? Or the UFC HW Champ?
Fedor is extremely humble, and asking to compete in Sambo isn't so bad.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:

The only place that he needs promotion would be the US. He's a legend in MMA everywhere else. The UFC doesn't have anything to do with his success and fame.

If Dana wants him, really wants him, then he would already be fighting in the UFC. Dana wants the appearance that he wants him, and that's all. Dana doesn't want Fedor to do what Fedor did to Tim and Andre to his top fighters in the Octagon. That's exactly what would happen too.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:41 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
The only place that he needs promotion would be the US. He's a legend in MMA everywhere else. The UFC doesn't have anything to do with his success and fame.

If Dana wants him, really wants him, then he would already be fighting in the UFC. Dana wants the appearance that he wants him, and that's all. Dana doesn't want Fedor to do what Fedor did to Tim and Andre to his top fighters in the Octagon. That's exactly what would happen too.
Thats what I think, if Dana really wanted him, he would be in the UFC.
Other companies seem to work out deals with him just fine, why not the UFC?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:13 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
I think the UFC should offer Fedor a one fight contract against Lesnar to prove whether he can take the title. If he wins, Fedor gets his way, if he loses he is obligated to another 4 fights in the UFC.
Fedor's camp has offered numerous times for a 1 fight winner take all but the UFC has declined.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
wow - they really hype Fedor don't they? What if he gets to the UFC and is Cro-Cop'd after said hype, (like with CC)??

Yea, they are not the same fighter, but still...Brock, Gonzaga, Carwin, Cain....one of them will bring him low in time..
Fedor would beat all those guys, c'mon now, and in the same night.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I think Shogun is doing great, so is Rampage.
Nog is also doing fine, he lost one fight lol.
CC is the only one I would say didn't live up to the hype.

When has Fedor ever declared himself the best? Or the UFC HW Champ?
Fedor is extremely humble, and asking to compete in Sambo isn't so bad.
Rua has had a win over and over the hill Coleman and an over the hill Chuck...and that's supposed to grand lol?
I never mentioned Rampage.
I guess mediorce is fine your book. No had been losing to Herring and got his ass handed to him by Mir. Fedor is a humble guy, but his mnmgt not so much.
And you neglected to include "wandy" in there, who has had what we might call a less than spectacular career in the UFC thus far, yes?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/

Last edited by Vizion; 07-27-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Fedor would beat all those guys, c'mon now, and in the same night.
Sheesh-he's not GSP

Old 07-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Fedor's camp has offered numerous times for a 1 fight winner take all but the UFC has declined.
Really? What happens if Fedor takes the Title by winning? The UFC would eat crow?

Old 07-27-2009, 04:24 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R

No one I know outside of the internet has heard of ANYONE other than the UFC when it comes to MMA. You cannot deny the UFC has more prestige than all other orginisations combined can you?

Maybe you're right about Dana, but Fedor Inc expects a lot. Tim and Andre...they were K'd outside of the Octagon after they had been kicked OUT of the UFC...your point is slightly valid.

I think some of the talent Fedor would be facing would indeed inspire Dana's confidence in his men.

We will see. Fedor Inc needs to humble themselves a little bit...they don't get to call the shots of the UFC. They have been offered what the UFC will give but it isn't good enough for them. Their loss.