Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-26-2009, 02:47 PM
David_Banner

Default The UFC & Fedor Inc. back at the Table

I am freaking pumped!!

It's a years-old discussion, and one that is at times maddening.

Widely regarded as the world's top heavyweight fighter, Fedor Emelinanko has proven to be the one commodity the UFC hasn't been able to land, and the strained relations between UFC president Dana White and the Russian's management have often been anything but amicable.

But with the collapse of Emelianenko's recent fighting home, Affliction Entertainment, his manager, Vadim Finkelchtein, says negotiations with the UFC are again underway.

"This the moment of truth that the UFC has talked about," Finkelchtein stated in a recent release issued by his company, M-1 Global. "Fedor and I are here in the States. If they want to come out and fly here, we are ready to conduct negotiations."

With M-1 Global's recent announcement of the Aug. 28 event, "M-1 Breakthrough," many MMA observers have speculated Emelianenko may appear on the company's first edition of the "new premium fight series."

Finkelchtein said his fighter is looking at a number of options.

"We are now with Fedor in the U.S., and we hope to make a decision about his next fight within the next few days," Finkelchtein stated. "There are many business meetings and negotiations planned with all the major promotions. We will explore the possibility of Fedor fighting (Josh) Barnett and will even look into whether the fight can take place as soon as August (since Barnett has not been suspended)."

While the excitement surrounding the long-awaited matchup between Emelianenko and Barnett certainly took a step back with "The Babyfaced Assassin's" recent positive drug test result, it would still be a bout between two of the world's best heavyweights. But with Brock Lesnar's impressive win at UFC 100 and White's apparent commitment to bringing the Russian into his organization, fans will most certainly be clamoring for Emelianenko to sign with the UFC.

While Finkelchtein's latest statement seems to lend some hope for that result, the terms of a potential contract may still prove impossible for the UFC to consider.

"Of course, it still doesn't imply we are ready to accept any conditions they'll throw at us," Finkelchtein said. "We want to talk to the UFC about having Fedor compete against some of their fighters, but only within the framework of co-promotional efforts with M-1 Global."

www.MMAJunkie.com
Old 07-26-2009, 02:51 PM
David_Banner

Oh god, I just caught the last statement. I really dont see the UFC agreeing to that

"Of course, it still doesn't imply we are ready to accept any conditions they'll throw at us," Finkelchtein said. "We want to talk to the UFC about having Fedor compete against some of their fighters, but only within the framework of co-promotional efforts with M-1 Global."
Old 07-26-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Simple answer, buy M-1 Global, lol
Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Hughes fanboy

wow - they really hype Fedor don't they? What if he gets to the UFC and is Cro-Cop'd after said hype, (like with CC)??

Yea, they are not the same fighter, but still...Brock, Gonzaga, Carwin, Cain....one of them will bring him low in time..

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 07-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I dont want to know until I hear that he has been signed and see his name on a card. Until then I'll nare believe it.

They will forever swing in and out of talks because Dana White dispite what he says, knows who Fedor is, and Fedor has standards that he wont drop for the UFC. Until one of them gives (preferably Dana) it will never happen.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Hughes fanboy

I think the UFC should offer Fedor a one fight contract against Lesnar to prove whether he can take the title. If he wins, Fedor gets his way, if he loses he is obligated to another 4 fights in the UFC.

Of course the money arrangements will need be favorable to Fedor.

As for the M1 thing, I think it is a lot to ask to have a co-event with them. Fedor Inc. should prove his worth in the Oct before he asks for them to bend around all his demands. Here I though Dana had an ego

Old 07-26-2009, 07:47 PM
atomdanger

Hmm, its funny.

From what I have heard, they are both being unreasonable.

Dana wants to completely control Fedor, and not give him the option to leave the UFC unbeaten.
Fedor's management apparently wants a few things out of the question like a soccer stadium.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Maldonado136

this is something that will be discussed forever but i dont see this happening. mainly the m-1 global issue is why i dont see it happening.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
wow - they really hype Fedor don't they? What if he gets to the UFC and is Cro-Cop'd after said hype, (like with CC)??

Yea, they are not the same fighter, but still...Brock, Gonzaga, Carwin, Cain....one of them will bring him low in time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
I think the UFC should offer Fedor a one fight contract against Lesnar to prove whether he can take the title. If he wins, Fedor gets his way, if he loses he is obligated to another 4 fights in the UFC.

Of course the money arrangements will need be favorable to Fedor.

As for the M1 thing, I think it is a lot to ask to have a co-event with them. Fedor Inc. should prove his worth in the Oct before he asks for them to bend around all his demands. Here I though Dana had an ego
Fedor doesn't need to prove anything. He is the best fighter in the world... he's proven that time and time again. He beat two of the UFC heavy weight champs already.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
Fedor doesn't need to prove anything. He is the best fighter in the world... he's proven that time and time again. He beat two of the UFC heavy weight champs already.
Fedor needs to PROVE he can fight inside the OCTAGON. Everybody wooed on Rua, Wandy, CC, Nog who came from Pride...none of them guys have been all too impressive when nuthuggers salivated at the mere mention of them entering the Octagon.

Fedor has fought and won many great fights, but that doesn't earn him his way about everything. He has already declared himself the UFC HW champ if he thinks the UFC should fold under his will.

Without the UFC Fedor would have far less promotion than he has gotten on his own.

DW is right to negotiate with him on HIS terms.