Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default For all you

Twilight Fans...

I hated that movie.. with a passion.. seems like someone else shared my views but found a great way to express it!!!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 PM

[
Old 07-25-2009, 05:13 PM
mikthehick

Maybe I live under a rock but....I'm a huge Harry Potter Fan, I've never read a Twilight book, or seen the movies.....

But people all over the place say that I jeopordize my Christian walk by liking HP. An old friend of mine said that HP has witchcraft, but Twilight is fine. But isn't it about vampires? Just saying...
Old 07-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Twilight Fans...

I hated that movie.. with a passion.. seems like someone else shared my views but found a great way to express it!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 06:17 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
Maybe I live under a rock but....I'm a huge Harry Potter Fan, I've never read a Twilight book, or seen the movies.....

But people all over the place say that I jeopordize my Christian walk by liking HP. An old friend of mine said that HP has witchcraft, but Twilight is fine. But isn't it about vampires? Just saying...
I don't think you jeapordize your christianity by liking fiction about witchcraft, vampires, or whatever. As long as you understand it's just a move, just entertainment, I don't see the problem.

Now if you get crazy about it and start chanting spells or drinking blood, you might have a problem.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Now if you get crazy about it and start chanting spells or drinking blood, you might have a problem.

So Baby Jay Penn is a witch??
or warlock.. as it were..
Old 07-26-2009, 04:08 AM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I don't think you jeapordize your christianity by liking fiction about witchcraft, vampires, or whatever. As long as you understand it's just a move, just entertainment, I don't see the problem.

Aw crap, I forgot my nightly ritual of boiling cat brains that I learned from potions class.....

Kidding. But yeah, obviously I understand that HP and Twilight is fiction....people say don't judge a book by its cover, but with all the hype over Twilight, something about it makes me really uncomfortable. HP def. has uber fans, but the Twilight madness is getting to be ridiculous.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 AM
warriorlion

I have seen all the harry potter movies, but had a issue with it before I saw them simply because it blurs the line of witchcraft, makes it look like its a good thing.

Think it can be dangerous for children who get the impression that the occulot is something cool they can dabble in.

Like someone said, if it stays as entertainment, then there is no issue, and with vampires, since they are not 'real' (as in the true vampires, not people that pretend) its seen as less of an issue.

I think most of it depends on your own stand point, especially when it comes to your christianity.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 AM
atomdanger

The lady who wrote Twilight is a Mormon.

I don't know why reading a book has anything to do with religious beliefs.
Although, I love the Ann Rice vampire chronicles and she stopped writing about them when she found god.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:23 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
The lady who wrote Twilight is a Mormon.

I don't know why reading a book has anything to do with religious beliefs.
Although, I love the Ann Rice vampire chronicles and she stopped writing about them when she found god.
I personally dont think it does, but for some issues, there is a blurring the lines of what is ok, l|I know some will argue that vampirism could be classed as one of those, but for most people and a lot of christians, vampires werewolves and frankenstien dont, but witchcraft and wizardry does, because of the occult.

I dont know.