Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 07-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Chuck

[QUOTE=JB Rattlesnake]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck

Yeah, and that was great game. You were the one who DID NOT want the Steelers to play Arizona. We were 90 seconds from victory....and that loss still hurts...damn you Chuck, lol

I was also the only one who said AZ could make it to the Super Bowl. So, even when I make predictions that seem delusional, they come true.

My point really is just that there won't be some "mega fight" between the two sports that settles all this nonsense.

You're dang right I didn't want to play the Cards... you saw the game... they're a scary team!

I agree about the "mega fight"... it won't prove anything even if it did happen. An MMA artist should win in an MMA fight and a boxer should win in a boxing match...

In a "real" fight as in street fight etc.... combat has evolved and I think MMA would have to dominate.. IMO
Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

[QUOTE=Chuck]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

You're dang right I didn't want to play the Cards... you saw the game... they're a scary team!

I agree about the "mega fight"... it won't prove anything even if it did happen. An MMA artist should win in an MMA fight and a boxer should win in a boxing match...

In a "real" fight as in street fight etc.... combat has evolved and I think MMA would have to dominate.. IMO
Hey, we are playing each other in the preseason opener, lol. It's preseason, but still should be fun!

In a streetfight, MMA should have the edge, but I guess it depends how you look at it. Most streetfights don't last more than a few punches, so in that respect the boxer would have the edge. But then a MMA guy will likely take the fight to the ground, which is an advantage for MMA guys. My pick would have to be the "thug", because the thug would use a weapon!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Somebody is delusional...

People take the MMA vs Boxing debate way too seriously. MMA fighters and fans bash boxing all the time, but then they are surprised when Floyd Mayweather makes an over the top comment. Floyd is a BOXER, and a very outspoken one, of course when the media keeps bringing the topic up, you are going to get more than a few soundbites that show PBF talking up boxing and putting MMA down. It's his nature when it comes to hyping himself and his fights.

Here we have one person saying, " OMG I'm sure Mayweather will do it, because he HATES MMA"... and another group saying, "PBF will NEVER do it because he is a coward"... It's all ridiculous. Of course Floyd is not going to fight MMA against Torres, Sherk, or anybody else. He never said he would, he just said he thinks boxing is better (in so many words). That is an opinion that Floyd is entitled too. Even if a fight like that ever happened, it would not end this debate EVER. So give it up. Please, everybody, just give it up. That goes for Floyd too, just give it up, the debate is tired.

Dana White has not only openly bashed boxing, but he has also been on record saying that he is FRIENDS with Floyd Mayweather and that he is a great guy. Floyd acts the way that he does just to create hype, and people seem to forget that.

Brock Lesnar has become the Floyd Mayweather of MMA, and I think it's great. Then again, I'm not delusional like most sports fans.
you're an idiot if you think it is acceptable the way he hypes things .. saying mma was created for whites to excel ... not only is that false, but it is ignorant thinking ... but the thing is, is you are a boxing/mayweather nuthugger and PBF can say what he likes and you are cool with it ...
Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
is you are a boxing/mayweather nuthugger and PBF can say what he likes and you are cool with it ...
Is I am what???

If you were trying to speak, with actual dialect, I would likely just laugh at you... as I do anyway....

Let me guess...RNC is the moral judge of what is right and wrong in "fight hype"....

I never said I agreed or disagreed with anything that was said. That's not the issue I raised in my post, so bring some facts or get off me.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:25 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Is I am what???

If you were trying to speak, with actual dialect, I would likely just laugh at you... as I do anyway....

Let me guess...RNC is the moral judge of what is right and wrong in "fight hype"....

I never said I agreed or disagreed with anything that was said. That's not the issue I raised in my post, so bring some facts or get off me.
i guess my grammares skills are is goods as your musics skills JB .... if you want to creating some music that persons can actually stand listeninnng to, than stop spenting so much time on here and kee practising ...
Old 07-26-2009, 04:53 PM
que

Quote:
Somebody is delusional...

People take the MMA vs Boxing debate way too seriously. MMA fighters and fans bash boxing all the time, but then they are surprised when Floyd Mayweather makes an over the top comment. Floyd is a BOXER, and a very outspoken one, of course when the media keeps bringing the topic up, you are going to get more than a few soundbites that show PBF talking up boxing and putting MMA down. It's his nature when it comes to hyping himself and his fights.

Here we have one person saying, " OMG I'm sure Mayweather will do it, because he HATES MMA"... and another group saying, "PBF will NEVER do it because he is a coward"... It's all ridiculous. Of course Floyd is not going to fight MMA against Torres, Sherk, or anybody else. He never said he would, he just said he thinks boxing is better (in so many words). That is an opinion that Floyd is entitled too. Even if a fight like that ever happened, it would not end this debate EVER. So give it up. Please, everybody, just give it up. That goes for Floyd too, just give it up, the debate is tired.

Dana White has not only openly bashed boxing, but he has also been on record saying that he is FRIENDS with Floyd Mayweather and that he is a great guy. Floyd acts the way that he does just to create hype, and people seem to forget that.

Brock Lesnar has become the Floyd Mayweather of MMA, and I think it's great. Then again, I'm not delusional like most sports fans.
don't call me delusional just because your opinion doesn't match with mine. i know alot of people who would consider you delusional but i'm not gonna call you that just because i think your opinion sucks.

every time somebody says one thing about MMA vs boxing you go on these long rants about how delusional that person is. same thing when someone says something about the classlessness of rashad or brock or whomever. calm down bro
Old 07-26-2009, 06:15 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i guess my grammares skills are is goods as your musics skills JB .... if you want to creating some music that persons can actually stand listeninnng to, than stop spenting so much time on here and kee practising ...
Hey bro, if you are gonna call me an idiot and a nuthugger, at least proofread the post, you just sound like dumbass.

Now you want to talk s**t about music, as if I give a crap what you think.

Everytime I post anything, you make it personal, and thats why I think you're a douchebag.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que

don't call me delusional just because your opinion doesn't match with mine. i know alot of people who would consider you delusional but i'm not gonna call you that just because i think your opinion sucks.

every time somebody says one thing about MMA vs boxing you go on these long rants about how delusional that person is. same thing when someone says something about the classlessness of rashad or brock or whomever. calm down bro

Sorry dude, but the idea that some mega fight is going to end all debate about the two sports IS delusional. If a post that is basically 3 short paragraphs is too much for your attention span, that's too bad, but it's hardly a long rant.

You wanna call me delusional, go right ahead, that don't bother me at all when you are talking about it in the context of a debate. It's not as if I said it just get at you personally. If the term "delusional" offended you, then I apologize, but why not respond about the issue instead of getting bent out of shape about nothing.

If it's personal, and you don't like me, just use the ignore option.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Miguel is spot on
Yes he is. We think that Miguel Torres is very exciting indeed.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:04 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Yes he is. We think that Miguel Torres is very exciting indeed.
yes we do. now let's all nod our head in unison!