Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 07-24-2009, 08:39 PM

Default Miquel Torres: Mayweather is a cocky a-hole, I will smash him

Hard to argue with him about any of it
WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE
Quote:
ďI would love to fight Mayweather, just because of the simple fact that I think heís a cocky asshole Ö Iím not a white person, and I will smash his ass. I donít care. His style of boxing is all built on getting people in the clinch. Heíll hit them, and then heíll get in the clinch with them. Then the referee breaks them, and heíll hit them and grab them again. I think itís a great strategy. Itís not clean boxing, but itís smart boxing. Heís going to hit somebody and grab them in MMA, and heíll be done for. Theyíll take him down. Thatíll be all. Iíll be on top of the list to fight him.Ē

[
Old 07-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Crisco

Miguel is spot on
Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

LOL, owned. I saw that throughout the Hatton fight. At one point, Mayweather even put half of his lower body outside of the ring to avoid the barrage of punches Hatton was throwing at him. Hatton decided to reach outside of the ring and throw a punch, then got in trouble with Joe Cortez. Mayweather was fighting like a p**** that whole fight and Cortez kept interfering.

Like Torres said, "It's not clean boxing, but it's smart boxing."
Old 07-24-2009, 10:12 PM
que

this is awesome, i can totally see mayweather actually accepting the challenge and making this fight a reality, simply because of his attitude and how much he hates mixed martial arts.

i'm calling it right now, miguel destroys him within the first round. it will be the biggest thing to happen between MMA vs boxing and it will explode into a huge news story all over the sports news networks. boxing critics will never be able to diss MMA again and MMA will gain so much respect. this fight has to happen, it will take MMA to the next level. torres will beat him like a red headed stepchild
Old 07-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Rev

I dont think he will do it. He aint that stupid. He aint that brave.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Mayweather won't dare accept this challenge or any challenge from a MMA fighter.

1. It's not enough money for him, or so he says.
2. The challenge was issued by Dana years ago to fight Sean Sherk, and he immediately retracted his bad statements about MMA and apologized.
3. Mayweather is a cocky a**hole, but he isn't stupid about who he fights. He's refused to fight the best in the welterweight division of boxing ever since he jumped into that division, meaning, he never fought Cotto, Margarito, Williams, or Mosley. He did jump up to face De La Hoya, but when you know you can make 20 million, it's well worth it. His next fight, he forced Hatton to go up in weight to face him.

The guy in general is just smart about his fights, but IMO, doesn't make him one of the greatest of all-time; when has he challenged himself in the past few years at all?

Anyways, he won't accept the challenge.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Torres would get Sylvia'd
Old 07-25-2009, 04:45 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
this is awesome, i can totally see mayweather actually accepting the challenge and making this fight a reality, simply because of his attitude and how much he hates mixed martial arts.

i'm calling it right now, miguel destroys him within the first round. it will be the biggest thing to happen between MMA vs boxing and it will explode into a huge news story all over the sports news networks. boxing critics will never be able to diss MMA again and MMA will gain so much respect. this fight has to happen, it will take MMA to the next level. torres will beat him like a red headed stepchild
Somebody is delusional...

People take the MMA vs Boxing debate way too seriously. MMA fighters and fans bash boxing all the time, but then they are surprised when Floyd Mayweather makes an over the top comment. Floyd is a BOXER, and a very outspoken one, of course when the media keeps bringing the topic up, you are going to get more than a few soundbites that show PBF talking up boxing and putting MMA down. It's his nature when it comes to hyping himself and his fights.

Here we have one person saying, " OMG I'm sure Mayweather will do it, because he HATES MMA"... and another group saying, "PBF will NEVER do it because he is a coward"... It's all ridiculous. Of course Floyd is not going to fight MMA against Torres, Sherk, or anybody else. He never said he would, he just said he thinks boxing is better (in so many words). That is an opinion that Floyd is entitled too. Even if a fight like that ever happened, it would not end this debate EVER. So give it up. Please, everybody, just give it up. That goes for Floyd too, just give it up, the debate is tired.

Dana White has not only openly bashed boxing, but he has also been on record saying that he is FRIENDS with Floyd Mayweather and that he is a great guy. Floyd acts the way that he does just to create hype, and people seem to forget that.

Brock Lesnar has become the Floyd Mayweather of MMA, and I think it's great. Then again, I'm not delusional like most sports fans.

Last edited by J.B.; 07-25-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Chuck

[QUOTE=JB Rattlesnake]
....Brock Lesnar has become the Floyd Mayweather of MMA, and I think it's great. Then again, I'm not delusional like most sports fans.[/QUOTE]

Well you DID pick the Cards over the Steelers didn't you???
Old 07-25-2009, 06:33 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

[QUOTE=Chuck]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
....Brock Lesnar has become the Floyd Mayweather of MMA, and I think it's great. Then again, I'm not delusional like most sports fans.[/QUOTE]

Well you DID pick the Cards over the Steelers didn't you???
Yeah, and that was great game. You were the one who DID NOT want the Steelers to play Arizona. We were 90 seconds from victory....and that loss still hurts...damn you Chuck, lol

I was also the only one who said AZ could make it to the Super Bowl. So, even when I make predictions that seem delusional, they come true.

My point really is just that there won't be some "mega fight" between the two sports that settles all this nonsense.