Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
No, you don't need to word it differently. I understand what you are saying.

K. Sometimes I post something and then reread it and don't like how I said it. Autism sucks. Had a very good friend who had an autistic child. I wish all children could be healthy. My friend's little boy was the sweetest child. He also had some physical limitations because he had very poor muscle tone. He and I had an understanding and he let me hang out with him sometimes which is a big deal. His name was Elijah. I was there the day the OT (occupational therapist) lady at his school had him ride a special made bike to show his mama the first time. She cried and cried and cried. He was never supposed to even walk, let alone ride a bike.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 07-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Is Barack Obama trying to make Official, a National Health Service per chance

Incidently, as we are on the topic of Autism. I discovered a horrifying secret back in 2004.

Whilst I was setting up my Defence for Disciplinaries laid on me by Saint Paul's Cathedral, almost exactly 5 years ago to the day, I had to ask to see my Medical Records. Now these are mainly copies of the doctors notes and, most interestinglu of all, copies of letters sent by one doctor to another.

Now when I was quite young and exhibted self destructive cycles, I was taken to a child psychologist. I wasnt given any treatment, just a few ideals for how to cope with stuff. I assumed that was the end of it, when I came across a letter saying that the doctors and Child Psychologists had diagnosed what they believed was a mild form of Aspergers Syndrome...more to the point, in black and white "Suspected Diagnosis not revealed to Patient or Parents"

I've since changed so much I guess I just grew out of all the symptoms that they thought I might be exhibiting

See 16th July 2004 I was prosecuted by Major General John Milne on behalf of Canon Warner as a Member of Chapter.

I was Charged a second time July 26th 2004...on that date I was told that before the Trial I had to pass a medical examination on 30th July 2004....soooooo for that week I was checking my own medical records to prepare my defence. They couldnt gain access to my medical records without expressed writen permission BUT, if they asked, and I refused to sign them over, then they would use that as a sign of guilt....as it was they never asked...because they didnt want that sorta complication with a dissmissal that might involve them money, they just wanted an excuse for a second Trial...that was eventually held on August 18th 2004 (It was delayed due to the fact the bloody prosecutor went on Holiday...INFACT what he did was Charge me, go away the next day, and return the day before the trial. Dissapointing when he was my Line Manager LOL

Last edited by Tyburn; 07-24-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
How do they explain a healthy normal child who gets vaccinated and then becomes autistic? This is what puzzles me.
One must always beware of falling into the post hoc ergo propter hoc (after this, therefore because of this) fallacy, in which one event is asserted to be the cause of a later event simply by virtue of having happened earlier.

Bonnie, I have a little child and I would be devastated if she developed a medical problem like autism; however, I think some well-meaning people have sent parents on a "wild goose chase". The researcher that posited a link between autism and the MMR vaccine was recently charged with submitting fraudulent data:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle5683671.ece
Quote:
THE doctor who sparked the scare over the safety of the MMR vaccine for children changed and misreported results in his research, creating the appearance of a possible link with autism, a Sunday Times investigation has found.

Confidential medical documents and interviews with witnesses have established that Andrew Wakefield manipulated patientsí data, which triggered fears that the MMR triple vaccine to protect against measles, mumps and rubella was linked to the condition
The data for the efficacy of childhood immunizations is absolutely overwhelming. Immunizations (as well as improved nutrition, improved sanitation, and antibiotics) are one of the main reasons that the average life expectancy of Americans has gone up by 3 decades since the late 1800's. With the internet, it is possible for anyone to research the number of cases of a disease in the years before a vaccine was introduced vs. the number of cases in subsequent years. For some infections, the numbers dropped from hundreds of thousands of cases per year to less than a hundred. The graphs demonstrating the decline of cases of infection after the introduction of a vaccine show such a steep drop that it looks like a rock dropping from a cliff.

As TexasRN Amy mentioned, there is unanimity in the mainstream medical community that there is no definite evidence of a link. Autism needs more research funding. Scientists need to find the cause; however, the available evidence says it is not immunizations. I didn't want to cause controversy or belabor a point, but immunizations are so important I felt obligated to post.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:20 AM

It's obvious "Play" that you and Amy know your stuff regarding this subject much more than I so I shall defer to you both. Thank you both for the links also.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Hughes_GOAT

i agree Bonnie. vaccines are bad and do cause autism.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i agree Bonnie. vaccines are bad and do cause autism.
Please read the post directly above your post. You don't agree with Bonnie. The statement "vaccines are bad" is an incredibly ignorant statement. For instance, it is estimated that Smallpox killed 300 million people in the 20th century, more than all World Wars combined. One-third of those that survived the disease went blind. Because of vaccines, there has not been a documented case since 1977 (in Somalia). Vaccination, effectively eradicated the world's deadliest disease from the face of the earth! As for the assertion that vaccines "cause" autism, please read the thread which refutes that proposition.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Hughes_GOAT

people still got smallpox even after being vaccinated from it. and conversely, many didn't get it even though they weren't immunized. smallpox was already on the decline, even before the vaccine came out. as for the article, it's nothing more than a smear campaign by big pharma. here's an example of how Merck (makes Gardasil and MMR among other things), paid a publisher off.
http://www.scienceblogs.com/insolenc...er_to_publ.php
Old 07-29-2009, 03:11 AM
Hughes_GOAT

and Bonnie did agree, she just got tired of debating. that's not the same as buying into what you're selling. if i'm wrong, Bonnie, then sorry. i don't think you're convinced that there is no connection with vaccines and autism though.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:55 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Vaccines started HIV.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
people still got smallpox even after being vaccinated from it. and conversely, many didn't get it even though they weren't immunized. smallpox was already on the decline, even before the vaccine came out. as for the article, it's nothing more than a smear campaign by big pharma. here's an example of how Merck (makes Gardasil and MMR among other things), paid a publisher off.
http://www.scienceblogs.com/insolenc...er_to_publ.php
I think you need to read up on the subject a bit more. Variolization has been practiced for at least a millenium. Jenner introduced vaccination with cowpox in 1796. Vaccinia vaccination was introduced in the 19th century. As I mentioned, Smallpox is estimated to have killed at least 300 million people (possibly 500 million people) in the 20th century alone. Your statement, "smallpox was already on the decline, even before the vaccine came out" is absolute nonsense. I suppose the steep drop in the number of cases of other vaccine-preventable disease is a coincidence as well?

If you have some information that a major drug company is falsifying research, please publish it and collect your Pulitzer. Your linked article suggests that Merck was trying to publish a non-peer-reviewed journal. They are called "throw-away" journals for a reason. The pharmaceutical rep gives them to the physician, who throws them in the trash and then reads the New England Journal of Medicine.

Last edited by Play The Man; 07-29-2009 at 07:51 AM.