Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 PM
matthughesfan21

Default Perfect Game by Mark Buehrle

Congrats JB, i saw the last inning of it...I'll admit, I was actually kind of hoping he got it, because Mark is a good guy. Wise made a home run robbing catch for the 1st out in the 9th...Given the circumstances, that the best catch i've seen this year....Congrats to Buehrle, unfortunately i had to listen to hawk harrelson commentate, but oh well
Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Ha, thats funny....

I have not even visited here in a bit cuz I've been busy, but I just came here to post a thread about this....

I was originally watching the game at home, but I talked to a couple buddies and decided to head to a local watering hole to partake in the viewing of the final game of this most interesting series....

What I got, was a piece of baseball history....need I say.... totally F**KIN awesome....

As I am typing this, I just heard that Obama called Buehrle to congratulate him, no bull....

Awesome.... just awesome.... I have not been that excited watching baseball since we won the WS in 2005. All of us were on our feet, and screaming, I will always remember this day.

Could not have happened to a nicer guy!

WAR WHITE SOX!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:41 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Ha, thats funny....

I have not even visited here in a bit cuz I've been busy, but I just came here to post a thread about this....

I was originally watching the game at home, but I talked to a couple buddies and decided to head to a local watering hole to partake in the viewing of the final game of this most interesting series....

What I got, was a piece of baseball history....need I say.... totally F**KIN awesome....

As I am typing this, I just heard that Obama called Buehrle to congratulate him, no bull....

Awesome.... just awesome.... I have not been that excited watching baseball since we won the WS in 2005. All of us were on our feet, and screaming, I will always remember this day.

Could not have happened to a nicer guy!

WAR WHITE SOX!!!!
first sox perfect game since 1922, Buehrle is a great guy just wears a bad uniform

Wise's catch will be seen on hl reels for a while also because of how crucial of a play it was
Old 07-24-2009, 04:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
just wears a bad uniform
You keep on hating....

While you spend 130 million dollars on mediocrity....

Buehrle > Zambrano any day....
Old 07-24-2009, 05:08 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
You keep on hating....

While you spend 130 million dollars on mediocrity....

Buehrle > Zambrano any day....
hey, i gave you so many positive comments and you have to pick the one negative:rolleye

the cubs are playing mediocre, duh i know that...but given how close we are in the standings given how poorly we have played, its pretty miraculous
Old 07-25-2009, 04:09 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
hey, i gave you so many positive comments and you have to pick the one negative:rolleye

the cubs are playing mediocre, duh i know that...but given how close we are in the standings given how poorly we have played, its pretty miraculous
I'm just messing with ya...

Actually, the Cubs have started to look a little better. I am pulling for them believe it or not.

It's gonna be a bit tougher now that St Louis picked up Holliday. Him and PoooHoles together could be a scary thing for Cubs fans.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

memorable season he is having .. hitting a dinger earlier and now a PG ...
Old 07-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Moose

Can't wait for him to be a Cardinal.