Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Jason 16

I just added up the protien from monday 80 from MM 40 from milk20 per shake and 30 or more from normal food. 150 each day I lift
Old 07-23-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Well, you might have already been eating enough calories, but not enough protein to repair your muscles to stimulate growth. That additional protein might have just been all you needed.

You basically have 3 scenarios:

1. Drop the protein intake.
2. Keep protein the same, but eat less in carbs and fats.
3. You're 17, and you're hitting another growth spurt - it might not matter what you do.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Well, you might have already been eating enough calories, but not enough protein to repair your muscles to stimulate growth. That additional protein might have just been all you needed.

You basically have 3 scenarios:

1. Drop the protein intake.
2. Keep protein the same, but eat less in carbs and fats.
3. You're 17, and you're hitting another growth spurt - it might not matter what you do.
Iam going to try number two
Old 07-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
normaly I walk around at 170 when eating very healthy and working out about 2.5 hours 4 days a week. For the last 3 weeks I started training with the fighters on average 5 to 7 hours a day 7AM to 12pm or later. monday through wen I do the circit lifting starting with upper and working down to lower body then on thursday I power lift upper and then lower on friday. every day after lifting we do cardio of some kind normaly several thinks like yesterday after lifting I ran a mile on the tredmill as fast as I could I think it was 6:30 (I hate running) then we had 5 things we had to do carry cettle bells around the block then a sand bag then to 4 100 yard sprints with a parachute on you then 3 goes with the harness with some one holding on to it
and the last thing 10 mins on the step master thing. every day we mix up what we do after lifting normaly to go along with what we were doing for lifting and if its a bjj or a stand up day.well after all of this class starts and we normaly start with plyos and streching then we get into the rest of class.
Ive been eatting normal but I added muscle milk twice a day. I realy dint think it would make me gain weight because of every thing Ive been doing I thought I would be burning every thing I take in so Is the weight gain from extra water that I retained because of takeing muscle milk.
pray tell how much water you are drinking

Nevermind the eating healthy, or the weights...or whatever...how much water do you drink (does not include water mixed with any other chemicals, or any other fluids)
Old 07-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
pray tell how much water you are drinking

Nevermind the eating healthy, or the weights...or whatever...how much water do you drink (does not include water mixed with any other chemicals, or any other fluids)
2 or 3 20oz bottles of watter mixed with crystal light 40oz of milk normaly mixed with MM a 8 oz glass or so of apple juice and an glass or so of tea.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
2 or 3 20oz bottles of watter mixed with crystal light 40oz of milk normaly mixed with MM a 8 oz glass or so of apple juice and an glass or so of tea.
Not good enough

The Milk, fruit juice, and tea doesnt count as its mixed with something (you can still drink it, it just doesnt figure as part of your water quota)

....and the crystal light mixture...technically speaking, Rich Franklin didnt really count that either....he said JUST water.

He reccomended a stupid ammount...but suffice to say, between one and two litres a day of pure and just water will help the body to burn the fat. It will also produce more water. I've found the more I drink, the easier it is to lose weight, because when you do your normal exercise, your body can actually burn, rather then just rev the engine so to speak.

I developed an unbelievable thirst...when I miss a day or dont drink the Litre I can feel it. I cease to sweat so much in the gym also...and its a nasty sorta dry feeling on the inside of my body...its almost as powerful as the craving for cola. I HATE Water...but my body has discovered that it needs it.

There is no danger so long as you dont drink more then two litres...if you drink more then that it can have adverse effects...but trust me...your unlikely to want to ever drink that much. You'll find you drink your usual mixed with chemicals and the one litre on top and that will be enough
Old 07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Water is responsible for nutrient transport. Whether you're cutting or bulking, it's beneficial for both.

Excess of 2 liters a day is hardly going to create adverse health issue unless you drank it all in 1 setting, and even that depends on your needs at that time - if you're in the middle of rigorous exercise or it's hot outside, basically anything that makes you sweat, 2 liters is a good amount for 1 hour of sweating. I drink 3 gallons or more on days that I do cardio and that's the equivalent of 11.3 liters.

Unless you're drinking so much water that it makes you throw up or gives you headaches, don't worry about it.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
logrus

YOu might be having a weird reaction to the M.M. I know guys who cant drink a certain brand cause they become more bloated and put on weight. To be honost I laughed at it til now since it would seem i am having a weird reaction to my protein and pre workout drink.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
YOu might be having a weird reaction to the M.M. I know guys who cant drink a certain brand cause they become more bloated and put on weight. To be honost I laughed at it til now since it would seem i am having a weird reaction to my protein and pre workout drink.
Its not that I have that problem with NO It gives me a gaging feeling. I did only gain 2 pounds but it just bugged me becuase I was trying to lose weight
Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 PM
logrus

Quote:
Its not that I have that problem with NO It gives me a gaging feeling. I did only gain 2 pounds but it just bugged me becuase I was trying to lose weight
Could just be muscle or a bit of water since lifting weights and MMa training will do that to you. You should keep an eye on your body fat %. If it stays the same but your gaining weight then thats good. If your gaining weight and its going up. Then thats bad.