Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Angry Jens Pulvers Championship already forgotten by UFC

Makes me so ANGRY

So the UFC have just posted a video promo for UFC101...and the foolish write up tells us that Kenny Florian intends to beat BJ Penn at 155lbs. That Penn is UNBEATEN at 155lbs, and that Kenny will change this interesting little statistic.

A statistic that doesnt bloody exist!

Two out of Four most important events in the Lightweight Division prior to its closing, revolve around Penn, and his 155lb loss (One was a full on decision loss to Jens Pulver, the other was a Draw with Caol Uno)

I'm serious pissed off that the insitution would choose to forget an important part of the divisional heratage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvzDRw7JMHA
Old 07-23-2009, 01:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

I also errred in a previous post ... i forgot about that jens win ... what was his line again??? "sometimes hype just isn't enough" ... ??? something like that ...
Old 07-23-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Makes me so ANGRY

So the UFC have just posted a video promo for UFC101...and the foolish write up tells us that Kenny Florian intends to beat BJ Penn at 155lbs. That Penn is UNBEATEN at 155lbs, and that Kenny will change this interesting little statistic.

A statistic that doesnt bloody exist!

Two out of Four most important events in the Lightweight Division prior to its closing, revolve around Penn, and his 155lb loss (One was a full on decision loss to Jens Pulver, the other was a Draw with Caol Uno)

I'm serious pissed off that the institution would choose to forget an important part of the divisional heritage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvzDRw7JMHA
just a few corrections before you send anything to the UFC

[
Old 07-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
just a few corrections before you send anything to the UFC
I already posted my comment, pointing out the error of their ways
Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Maldonado136

yeah i saw that too. its a real head scratcher
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
yeah i saw that too. its a real head scratcher
They dont accept messages...so I just left a commment...in amoung tenthousand odd.

Its so offensive to a Pulverite. I mean, I dont mind giving Penn due credit...but to try and re-market him as unbeatable after GSP recently...and to do it by writing off a Recently semi-retired Champion...is...actually very twisted
Old 07-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
They dont accept messages...so I just left a commment...in amoung tenthousand odd.

Its so offensive to a Pulverite. I mean, I dont mind giving Penn due credit...but to try and re-market him as unbeatable after GSP recently...and to do it by writing off a Recently semi-retired Champion...is...actually very twisted
its definitely odd. and my sig is way too big. damn.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Max

so what, some guy who prob works in the mail room at the UFC office messed up on the description for the video. If you go to UFC.com BJ's loss to Pulver is listed on his record. If you look at the history of the LW title it has it listed that Pulver defended against BJ. I dont see the big deal.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
so what, some guy who prob works in the mail room at the UFC office messed up on the description for the video. If you go to UFC.com BJ's loss to Pulver is listed on his record. If you look at the history of the LW title it has it listed that Pulver defended against BJ. I dont see the big deal.
Thats exactly the point.

Maybe its an innocent mistake...but COME ON why would someone make a big deal about a supposed Statistic, when a few clicks to their own website would tell them the truth.

However...BJ Penn has just come off a crushing defeat. I strongly suspect this is nothing more then an idle bit of hype, something to remind people that at 155lbs BJ Penn is not the welterweight that lost to GSP.

But doing that at someone elses Expense...is outrageous...but of course half the recent Pulverites have absolutely no knowledge of Jens Pulver Prior to Joe Lauzon or TUF....so whats the harm in insulting the memory of a guy whose indecisive about retirement right now anyway?

Well.. I CARE....I find it demeaning to His Legacy
Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 AM
que

it's just a freakin promo dude, don't get so worked up over it. these promos have been making stuff up almost every single time about something or another. it's pure hype