Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Rev

If you watch Brock's fights, you will notice that when someone throws a few punches at once or comes in with a big punch, he plants his feet and covers the middle. if one of these guys could capitalize on this they could make something happen. maybe. Otherwise, no chance right now that I can see.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:57 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i'm sure he does. i just find it odd that beating Turk would make him think he's ready for Brock.

I don't know, Crocop seems to be really focused right now and really, he manhandled Turk. I don't see that translating easily to Brock but I see Crocops take-down defense and serious stand-up making for a awesome fight.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:46 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
I don't know, Crocop seems to be really focused right now and really, he manhandled Turk. I don't see that translating easily to Brock but I see Crocops take-down defense and serious stand-up making for a awesome fight.
he did handle Turk easy but c'mon it was Turk. CC needs to beat Dos Santos before i think he's back. i just don't see CC shrugging off a 280 lb Div I wrestling champ.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:01 AM
Chuck

Quote:
he did handle Turk easy but c'mon it was Turk. CC needs to beat Dos Santos before i think he's back. i just don't see CC shrugging off a 280 lb Div I wrestling champ.
I love CC but I have to agree with you Andreas... this will be a huge test for him.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:58 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I love CC but I have to agree with you Andreas... this will be a huge test for him.

i'm a huge CC fan too. i just don't think he's back to where he needs to be if he's gonna be talking about Brock.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Chuck

Quote:

i'm a huge CC fan too. i just don't think he's back to where he needs to be if he's gonna be talking about Brock.
Agreed. However I don't think Brock is nearly the fighter that I believe you do. Style wise he would be too much for CC to handle IMO. I believe CC is the better fighter but Brock would probably take him.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:52 AM
Stump Rules!

Dude. Your crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Agreed. However I don't think Brock is nearly the fighter that I believe you do. Style wise he would be too much for CC to handle IMO. I believe CC is the better fighter but Brock would probably take him.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 07-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Dude. Your crazy.
Oh C'mon Michelle you KNOW I'm not a Brock fan at all.. I just think styles make fights..

CC hasn't exactly been tearing up the Octagon recently. I think it's just a bad fight for CC. He's still twice the fighter Brock is but I think Brock could take him.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I think Carwin has a great shot of getting a KO on Brock. Brock would be able to put Carwin on his back with ease - if Gonzaga can do it, no doubt Brock could do it. Zag wasn't able to keep Carwin down so it'd be interesting to see if and how long Brock could keep Carwin on his back. Standup, I think Carwin has a big advantage as he seems to pick his punches VERY well.

Yeah good points, see i thought Mir had enough bulk to deal with Brock better, i mean if Randy can get up, why was Mir not able to. BUt i guess a stronger wrestling base is needed.

So i want to see beast set up against Brock and Carwin could be that man.

Brock to me still looks weak on his feet, when Mir started unloading, i thought Brock looked ill at ease but then Mir just went too far.

Maybe Carwin is the man to do it, to know joe sylva's mind!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:03 AM

I think cc beats dos santos

Lesnar is a whole different animal though i need to see if hes back to form first