Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-04-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Nice try. Three fighter claims don't mean a thing. One incident where it appeared that it happened (and nobody can show any kind of evidence that there was actually Vaseline applied to GSP's back) doesn't quite cut it.
Really? So if your home was broken into and 3 of your neighbors CLAIM to have seen an individual drive away. Say they all described him as a white male, 5'6" to 5'8", approx. 150-170 pounds, driving a red Toyota Tercel. A guy gets picked up in the area 20 minutes later exhibiting the same physical properties and driving a red Toyota Tercel, yet, there were no stolen items found in the vehicle. So their claims should just be thrown out the window because there's no proof? Yes, innocent until proven guilty. However, that's still circumstantial evidence to present a case for trial.

That's ridiculous.

Quote:
I agree that it should be investigated, although I fail to see how they'll be able to prove anything.
Video evidence (or admittance, lol) would be the only way.

Quote:
Frankly, you claiming I look bad is a joke. All you can do is twist and recycle what I already said. If that's the best you can do, perhaps you should drop out of this thread.
Drop out of the thread? But I'm the author!

Quote:
Nate...In his mind, GSP possibly having Vaseline on his back is proof of steroid use. That's what I'm calling him to prove.
Nate hasn't said anything of the sort, that's even more ridiculous. Nate's point is that people refuse to believe GSP did something of the sort, so the only way they would believe is if he was caught using performance enhancing drugs. Read between the lines.

Besides, Nate had accused GSP of that long before this new Vaseline scandal.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:44 PM
medic92

I've answered the questions in the merged thread. No need to rehash it here, and I'll continue posting in the other one.

RockDawg, sorry I got a little heated earlier. This is a great forum and you're all great people, and the last thing I want to do is get into something that's going to cause any hard feelings. Sometimes I start to get carried away and have to step back to regain perspective.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

It's no biggie. I enjoy a debate, but personal attacks haven't any business in a good debate. I only did it because you personally attacked Nate.

I'm not trippin' over it man.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:53 PM
bradwright

Quote:
RockDawg, sorry I got a little heated earlier. This is a great forum and you're all great people, and the last thing I want to do is get into something that's going to cause any hard feelings. Sometimes I start to get carried away and have to step back to regain perspective.
funny,,that never happens to me,,
Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
It's no biggie. I enjoy a debate, but personal attacks haven't any business in a good debate. I only did it because you personally attacked Nate.

I'm not trippin' over it man.
So now you're saying Nate can't take care of himself and needs you to defend him? I may have told him to put up or shut up, but I never accused him of being weak or defenseless like you just did. You've some some nerve dude.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
So now you're saying Nate can't take care of himself and needs you to defend him? I may have told him to put up or shut up, but I never accused him of being weak or defenseless like you just did. You've some some nerve dude.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Not that Nate can't take care of himself.. but rather most would rather face Amy in a verbal sparing match than Nate..

That's not sucking up.. it's factual.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
medic92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Not that Nate can't take care of himself.. but rather most would rather face Amy in a verbal sparing match than Nate..

That's not sucking up.. it's factual.
I'll take on anyone in a verbal sparring match, I absolutely love to argue. I just didn't want it to get out of hand so I backed off when I started getting heated.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Exactly!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, the simple fact that Matt Hughes, BJ Penn and Matt Serra are all in agreement on this should tell you something.
yeah jelousy cuss they all got beat
Old 02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
timmyja

Serra Vs. St. Pierre 1... the cornerman applied the vaseline to the FEET instead of the shoulders, hence causing the slip that caused the "greatest upset in UFC history!" Just a joke..

But, back to the argument.. Give me a couple hours.. I dug up an old Mayhem Miller interview that I'll post in which he claimed the very same thing. Mayhem Miller was Georges' first fight in the UFC after the first loss to Matt.. Which is about the same time he happened to master the art of takedown defense and sub defense, and his superb guard passing skills. Also, the other night I was watching the UFC 79 DVD, and in between the first and second round, surprise, surprise.. the SAME cornerman was rubbing Georges' shoulders AND pouring a bottle of water down both of Georges' legs while he was stretching them out in the stool. Anybody that has ever seen Matt Hughes fight knows his game plan is pretty cut and dry. Shoot, takedown, and commence to whippin that ass. So why would the cornerman pour water on their fighter's legs? Seems like an unfair way to nullify Matt's offense. (?) Not as severe as the greasing accusations, but it certainly makes you wonder.

I'm not blatantly coming out and saying there is wrongdoing on Georges' part, but there defniitely seems to be some professional negligence involved by his corner. I work a dangerous job, and the slightest brainfart could have me killed. When I'm working on powerlines, I have to maintain a professional courtesy and under NO circumstances can I afford to half-ass anything. The slightest bit of negligence on my part, and I don't get to go home. So... maybe if it was an accident, for ALLEDGEDLY the past few fights, the cornermen should pay just a little bit more attention. If nothing else, they should do it for their fighters sake. Accusations like this, especially in video-taped evidence, lead to too many "what-if" scenarios, and it really brings a fighter's performances, past and present, to a whole new level of scrutiny.