Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Straight Right
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, the simple fact that Matt Hughes, BJ Penn and Matt Serra are all in agreement on this should tell you something.
Wait a minute now Nate, don't Matt, Serra and BJ make up 3/4's of the same bowling team? They're always in agreement
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
Wait a minute now Nate, don't Matt, Serra and BJ make up 3/4's of the same bowling team? They're always in agreement

Hughes and BJ bowl.. Serra is the pins...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-04-2009, 03:35 PM
medic92
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, the simple fact that Matt Hughes, BJ Penn and Matt Serra are all in agreement on this should tell you something.
It tells me that three fighters who got beaten by GSP still haven't quite gotten over it.

With all due respect, if you have proof of GSP or any other fighter using performance enhancing drugs, feel free to present it. Until you do, it's irresponsible to throw around unfounded accusations, not to mention petty. Frankly, it makes you look bad. To put it bluntly, put up or shut up.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-04-2009, 03:43 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
It tells me that three fighters who got beaten by GSP still haven't quite gotten over it.

With all due respect, if you have proof of GSP or any other fighter using performance enhancing drugs, feel free to present it. Until you do, it's irresponsible to throw around unfounded accusations, not to mention petty. Frankly, it makes you look bad. To put it bluntly, put up or shut up.
So basically you are calling Matt a liar?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-04-2009, 03:43 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
It tells me that three fighters who got beaten by GSP still haven't quite gotten over it.

With all due respect, if you have proof of GSP or any other fighter using performance enhancing drugs, feel free to present it. Until you do, it's irresponsible to throw around unfounded accusations, not to mention petty. Frankly, it makes you look bad. To put it bluntly, put up or shut up.
It's called circumstantial evidence. 3 fighters claims, plus video proof (at least in the most recent accusation) is more than enough evidence for the case to be tried and/or investigated. So if you don't understand how an investigation works, shut up, because, frankly, it makes you look bad.

However, nobody is talking about HGH, steroids, etc. It's Vaseline, the other performance enhancing drug. Wait...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-04-2009, 03:54 PM
medic92
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
So basically you are calling Matt a liar?
Why are you trying to put me against Matt? Matt voiced an opinion that GSP felt greasy in his fight. How can I call someone a liar for having an opinion?

Basically I'm calling YOU out to either show your evidence of GSP using steroids or shut up. You claim three fighters agree with each other and since they don't like each other, that's some sort of incontrovertible proof of cheating. That's ridiculous.

Before the Vaseline incident, you would have laughed at anything Serra or Penn said, but since it fits in with your preconceived notion that GSP must be cheating to be so good, you're suddenly touting them as paragons of truth who must be believed. Give me a break.

Show your proof or get over it. This is getting boring.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-04-2009, 03:58 PM
medic92
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
It's called circumstantial evidence. 3 fighters claims, plus video proof (at least in the most recent accusation) is more than enough evidence for the case to be tried and/or investigated. So if you don't understand how an investigation works, shut up, because, frankly, it makes you look bad.
Nice try. Three fighter claims don't mean a thing. One incident where it appeared that it happened (and nobody can show any kind of evidence that there was actually Vaseline applied to GSP's back) doesn't quite cut it.

I agree that it should be investigated, although I fail to see how they'll be able to prove anything.

Frankly, you claiming I look bad is a joke. All you can do is twist and recycle what I already said. If that's the best you can do, perhaps you should drop out of this thread.

Quote:
However, nobody is talking about HGH, steroids, etc. It's Vaseline, the other performance enhancing drug. Wait...
Nate is talking about steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. In his mind, GSP possibly having Vaseline on his back is proof of steroid use. That's what I'm calling him to prove.

EDIT:

I'm getting out of this discussion and taking a break. I don't want this to turn into a flame war, which is what it's going to be if you and I continue to trade jabs. I think the better option is to agree to disagree and move on, so that's what I'm going to do. Have a good day.

Last edited by medic92; 02-04-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Why are you trying to put me against Matt? Matt voiced an opinion that GSP felt greasy in his fight. How can I call someone a liar for having an opinion?

Basically I'm calling YOU out to either show your evidence of GSP using steroids or shut up. You claim three fighters agree with each other and since they don't like each other, that's some sort of incontrovertible proof of cheating. That's ridiculous.

Before the Vaseline incident, you would have laughed at anything Serra or Penn said, but since it fits in with your preconceived notion that GSP must be cheating to be so good, you're suddenly touting them as paragons of truth who must be believed. Give me a break.

Show your proof or get over it. This is getting boring.

You're right, it is getting boring because you are obviously not reading my posts and trying to put words in my mouth.

Matt mentioned the greasiness 2 years ago, so I've known about it for a while now. So when I heard the accusations from BJ Penn, it simply reinforced what I had already heard from Matt Hughes.

This is not about BJ and Serra being "paragons of truth" it's simple logic, which obviously is escaping you. If three people, who have no personal ties to each other are saying the same thing, then it warrants a deeper look.

Your claim that this is just three fighters trying to justify their losses is just as ridiculous, and requires more of a leap of logic, than simply saying that they might be telling the truth.

I don't know GSP, BJ or Serra personally; but I am good friends with Matt and know that he is not a liar. He wouldn't have said this if it wasn't true. I'll never get into the octagon with GSP, so I'll never be able to gather firsthand evidence of greasing, so Matt's word by itself is good enough for me. I simply don't believe that GSP is that good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Nate is talking about steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. In his mind, GSP possibly having Vaseline on his back is proof of steroid use. That's what I'm calling him to prove.
Actually I suspected the steroid use long before I knew of the Vaseline.

And you truly are trying to twist my words if you really believe what you just posted. No where did I claim that Vaseline use is proof of steroid use. C'mon now, you're better than that. Argue what I actually say, not what you think I say.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-04-2009, 04:10 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR

Matt mentioned the greasiness 2 years ago,

Until I read Matt's blog yesterday, I had no idea he had stated that before!

I thought it was just BJ and Serra!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.