Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Ben Rothlisberger accused of sexual assault

I always find these stories to be rather fishy. He's Ben Rothlisberger, why would he need to commit sexual assault? I'm pretty sure he gets his choice of girls. Just some broke tramp looking for money.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...suit?GT1=39002
Quote:
Lawyer: Steelers QB did not commit sexual assault

Associated Press

RENO, Nev. (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault in a civil lawsuit, his lawyer said, denying the claim.

The lawsuit was filed Friday in Washoe County District Court accusing Roethlisberger of assaulting a woman in July 2008.

Roethlisberger is one of nine defendants listed in the online court docket report. Further details of the lawsuit were not available Tuesday morning.

"Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone ... The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," David Cornwell, Roethlisberger's lawyer, said in a statement released early Tuesday.

A phone message and e-mail from the AP to Cornwell were not returned.

Attorney Calvin R. Dunlap, of Reno, filed the lawsuit, according to court documents. A telephone message left for him was not returned.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said Tuesday the team is aware of the lawsuit, and "we are gathering information."
Old 07-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I always find these stories to be rather fishy. He's Ben Rothlisberger, why would he need to commit sexual assault? I'm pretty sure he gets his choice of girls. Just some broke tramp looking for money.
I agree, sounds like BS to me
Old 07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
matthughesfan21

first of all, why wait so long? second of all, why not take him to criminal court, when all you do is file a civil suit, it screams that you are just a golddigging whore
Old 07-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Administrator

It's so easy for a woman to make up these kinds of charges that I'm usually skeptical, no matter who it is getting accused. I can think of at least 4 guys right off the top of my head, that I've known personally, who were falsely accused of sexual assault/rape/child molestation. And our system is so screwed up that those charges, erroneous or not, will stay on your record for the rest of your life.

I would say that if the woman didn't file criminal charges within 72 hours of the incident, then she's most likely a liar.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It's so easy for a woman to make up these kinds of charges that I'm usually skeptical, no matter who it is getting accused. I can think of at least 4 guys right off the top of my head, that I've known personally, who were falsely accused of sexual assault/rape/child molestation. And our system is so screwed up that those charges, erroneous or not, will stay on your record for the rest of your life.

I would say that if the woman didn't file criminal charges within 72 hours of the incident, then she's most likely a liar.
qft
Old 07-22-2009, 04:26 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR

+1

a year later, she is behind on her rent, so she needs a little pick me up, lets go after a superstar
Old 07-22-2009, 05:06 PM
rearnakedchoke

these are one of those crimes that are he said she said ... i'll wait til more info comes out to make a judgement ... right now, i give ben the benefit of the doubt, but these sports stars are so used to getting anything they want that when they are rejected, they may not think the girl is serious ...
Old 07-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Twinsmama

I can understand a small child waiting a long period of time but a grown woman? i wonder within the last year how many people she has bragged about sleeping w/ him to? I have a hard time believing someone if there is no physical proof. (woman can be very spiteful to get what they want) If there were proof though of course I'd be the first to say let him sway in the wind.

from msn.foxsport (just part of the article i found a little funny I'm sick i know)
The woman said Roethlisberger struck up a friendly conversation at her desk during the golf tournament.
The next night, she said he telephoned her to tell her his television sound system wasn't working and asked her to look at it. She said she was unable to find a technician so she handled it herself because she had been told it was important to please the celebrities.
In Roethlisberger's room she said she determined the TV was functioning properly but as she turned to leave, the 6-foot-5, 240-pound quarterback blocked her exit, the suit claims.
The lawsuit said he grabbed her and started to kiss her. It said she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting her and battering her."
She said she feared that because he was a football player he could or would physically harm her if she tried to fight him off, but that she objected and protested several times.

I protest all the time.....No,no,no YES!!!!!!! (sorry I'm trying to pick up some slack since CountyMike isn't here!!)If someone is raping you, I would think you would kick and scream not protest. He is so big if he battered her it would have been hard to hide.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Twinsmama

sorry double post
Old 07-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
I can understand a small child waiting a long period of time but a grown woman? i wonder within the last year how many people she has bragged about sleeping w/ him to? I have a hard time believing someone if there is no physical proof. (woman can be very spiteful to get what they want) If there were proof though of course I'd be the first to say let him sway in the wind.

from msn.foxsport (just part of the article i found a little funny I'm sick i know)
The woman said Roethlisberger struck up a friendly conversation at her desk during the golf tournament.
The next night, she said he telephoned her to tell her his television sound system wasn't working and asked her to look at it. She said she was unable to find a technician so she handled it herself because she had been told it was important to please the celebrities.
In Roethlisberger's room she said she determined the TV was functioning properly but as she turned to leave, the 6-foot-5, 240-pound quarterback blocked her exit, the suit claims.
The lawsuit said he grabbed her and started to kiss her. It said she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting her and battering her."
She said she feared that because he was a football player he could or would physically harm her if she tried to fight him off, but that she objected and protested several times.

I protest all the time.....No,no,no YES!!!!!!! (sorry I'm trying to pick up some slack since CountyMike isn't here!!)If someone is raping you, I would think you would kick and scream not protest. He is so big if he battered her it would have been hard to hide.
She sounds like BJ when he loses. Full of ****.