Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 07-25-2009, 12:42 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
After GSP beats Silva I won't even bother defending him anymore. It will speak for itself

He is exactly what Matt Hughes said rules MMA.

A wrestler who can dictate where the fight goes.

that being said if Matt ever fights GSP again I hope Matt beats him to a pulp.
A wrestler can dictate where the fight goes,
but Hughes put people away as champion. He chose where to take the fight,
and where to take people out.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
A wrestler can dictate where the fight goes,
but Hughes put people away as champion. He chose where to take the fight,
and where to take people out.
Preach it!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-25-2009, 12:49 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
Preach it!!!!
Well damn,
I know GSP beat Matt twice,

but thus far, if you compare them as Champions, Matt was much more impressive IMO.

I also can't foresee GSP suddenly starting to put people away,
I think he likes being champion too much to take a lot of risk,
he is sticking with control, and nothing else.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I disagree in a way, because I think that he could start putting people away. He has to get that fear out of the front of his head and put it in the back where it belongs(face it, we all have it). Matt S. koed him and he aint been right since.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Do you train? It's much harder to sub a larger guy with really good wrestling.
yes I do and I agree with you. I also think it has to do with strength.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

even GSP said Fedor is the best
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-25-2009, 03:09 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
even GSP said Fedor is the best
True but GSP is extremely humble... I doubt he would ever say he's the best.. and the same with Fedor... he would never claim to be either... they're both class acts...
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-25-2009, 03:26 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
True but GSP is extremely humble... I doubt he would ever say he's the best.. and the same with Fedor... he would never claim to be either... they're both class acts...
he didn't have to pick Fedor. he wasn't even given an option, just who he thought was the best. i'm sure Dana wasn't happy since most UFC fighters won't talk about non-UFC fighters, unless they're trash talking like Mir did with Fedor recently.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,001
Default

1) Fedor (because he's not Human and never loses)
2) Matt Hughes (because he's been the premiers most dominant ever)
3) BJ Penn (because he's the greatest pure-skill to ever have lived thus far)
4) Anderson Silva (Proved that Fast-tracking sometimes works)
5) Georges Saint Pierre (he's got a weak mind but a strong body)
6) Lyoto Machida (just because)
7) Kid Yamamoto (the best example of a little fighter outside Jens Pulver)
8) that fighter that Jojo always liked but whose name I cant remember!
9) Randy Couture (his charisma and age alone)
10) Urijah Faber (anyone remember him?)

For each of those Ten I think there has to be Ten P4Ps of the past who are now in somekinda retirement, yoyo, or semi-retirement
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-26-2009, 08:55 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think most of the problem with peoples p4p list is they use too much opinion,
or speculation.

Fedor is proven.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.