Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 07-24-2009, 06:01 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
so if GSP beats Silva, you still wouldn't consider him p4p best?
If GSP finishes AS I hate to admit I will have zero arguments against him.

AS is bigger, faster, a great striker, and a horrible matchup for GSP,
so if he can over come all of those things... Well
Old 07-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
GSP would just knock him out. Galvao won't be able to take him down.
since the Serra fight GSP does not stand with anyone. The first chance he gets he takes people down. He would do the same with Galvao
Old 07-24-2009, 06:08 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
since the Serra fight GSP does not stand with anyone. The first chance he gets he takes people down. He would do the same with Galvao
Yeah, Galvao doesn't exactly have hands,
but neither does Serra haha
Old 07-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
So we're going to discredit him because his wrestling is on another level?

I would never think I would argue against Fedor in a war of words.

I love Fedor but GSP is just doing bigger and better things right now.

GSP is only 28 so he has some time to catch up to Fedors numbers but he has completely cleaned out his division... For proof he has to fight either Swick or Kampmann next.

He needs to fight A.silva. That would be the biggest fight I've ever seen. Way bigger then GSP vs BJ 2
Old 07-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Max

Quote:
So we're going to discredit him because his wrestling is on another level?

I would never think I would argue against Fedor in a war of words.

I love Fedor but GSP is just doing bigger and better things right now.

GSP is only 28 so he has some time to catch up to Fedors numbers but he has completely cleaned out his division... For proof he has to fight either Swick or Kampmann next.

He needs to fight A.silva. That would be the biggest fight I've ever seen. Way bigger then GSP vs BJ 2
when did I discredit him?? You said this "GSP would just knock him out. Galvao won't be able to take him down." I pointed out that GSP no longer stands with people all he does is take them down. I would not discrediting him at all I was pointing out a fact.

Its not like Fedor is 40, the guy is only 32, he has about 5 or more years left if he chooses to continue.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
when did I discredit him?? You said this "GSP would just knock him out. Galvao won't be able to take him down." I pointed out that GSP no longer stands with people all he does is take them down. I would not discrediting him at all I was pointing out a fact.

Its not like Fedor is 40, the guy is only 32, he has about 5 or more years left if he chooses to continue.
GSP has not fought anyone that posed a threat of subbing him in a long time. and don't say BJ. GSP was too big and too strong for bj's style of BJJ to work.

He GSP was worried about Galvao's ground game he would KO/TKO him.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Max

Quote:
GSP has not fought anyone that posed a threat of subbing him in a long time. and don't say BJ. GSP was too big and too strong for bj's style of BJJ to work.

He GSP was worried about Galvao's ground game he would KO/TKO him.
Im not so sure. He took Serra to the ground and Hughes to the ground and they are not known for their stand up. I would say both Matt and Matt are better off their backs then they are standing.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Im not so sure. He took Serra to the ground and Hughes to the ground and they are not known for their stand up. I would say both Matt and Matt are better off their backs then they are standing.
I'm guessing he didn't feel threatened by them on the ground. Hughes would sub him I think but more likely from the top then the bottom.

Serra was too small and so was BJ to really threaten GSP from their back..

Do you train? It's much harder to sub a larger guy with really good wrestling.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Rev

We dont know just how good GSP is because he wont try and win a fight, he busy trying not to get beat. He is doing the same thing Tim Sylvia was doing at the end of his run. Only people are singing GSP's praises and they were bashing Big Tim for the same thing. GSP needs to stop playing it safe if he wants to get back to the level of respect he once had among the fans and fighters. This isnt just my thoughts, I know a few fighters who say the same.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
We dont know just how good GSP is because he wont try and win a fight, he busy trying not to get beat. He is doing the same thing Tim Sylvia was doing at the end of his run. Only people are singing GSP's praises and they were bashing Big Tim for the same thing. GSP needs to stop playing it safe if he wants to get back to the level of respect he once had among the fans and fighters. This isnt just my thoughts, I know a few fighters who say the same.
After GSP beats Silva I won't even bother defending him anymore. It will speak for itself

He is exactly what Matt Hughes said rules MMA.

A wrestler who can dictate where the fight goes.

that being said if Matt ever fights GSP again I hope Matt beats him to a pulp.