Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan
GSP-UFC
A.Silva-UFC
Machida-UFC
Nick Diaz-STRIKEFORCE
BJ-UFC
Miguel Torres-WEC

Fedor is not on my list because he really did not have a tough fight in a long time. Once he starts winning against credible fighters maybe he will make the list.

I put Silva below GSP because he seems to not want to fight lately, where GSP goes after his apponent and dominates.
Your point is a joke.
You listed AS, who just fought Thales and Cote? Pfft.
Tim and AA > Thales and Cote by FAR.

When Fedor KOed AA, AA was on a 5 fight win streak against TOUGH guys.
AA was widely considered to be Fedor's biggest threat lately and a lot of people picked AA to win.

Also, when Fedor beat Tim, Tim had only lost to Nog and Couture in recent times, WTF is bad about that?
Tim was still a top 10 HW in the world, and a threat.

On the other hand, Thales and Cote aren't often ranked in any top 10 lists.
and weren't considered to be threats by many people at all,
those fights were both sort of jokes.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:45 PM

1. Fedor
2. Fedor
3. Fedor
4. Fedor
5. Fedor
Old 07-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Your point is a joke.
You listed AS, who just fought Thales and Cote? Pfft.
Tim and AA > Thales and Cote by FAR.

When Fedor KOed AA, AA was on a 5 fight win streak against TOUGH guys.
AA was widely considered to be Fedor's biggest threat lately and a lot of people picked AA to win.

Also, when Fedor beat Tim, Tim had only lost to Nog and Couture in recent times, WTF is bad about that?
Tim was still a top 10 HW in the world, and a threat.

On the other hand, Thales and Cote aren't often ranked in any top 10 lists.
and weren't considered to be threats by many people at all,
those fights were both sort of jokes.
I agree with this. Anyone who says that Fedor has not faced tough comp is drinking
Old 07-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
IMO you cannot rank anybody above Fedor,
for several reasons.

For one, he has zero legitimate losses.
(google the story of his one loss, I won't explain it again)
He has faced everybody important in the HW division,
although seeing him fight Randy when he was on top would have been nice.
He also has beaten everybody in dominating and convincing fashion.

People rank GSP, but not only does he have losses,
but he isn't walking through guys, he is even being boring while winning.
*shrug*

AS, ehhhh.. He is good, but has had problems in his fights.
Lutter mounted him, Hendo held him down, and he hasn't been able to put guys away like he used to.

p4p means if everybody was the same weight who would be the best.
Do you guys honestly think the GSP and AS's we've been seeing would beat Fedor?
1: He lost to Matt Serra and Matt Hughes and then avenged those losses. Convincingly

2: I'm sorry but some people actually enjoy watching a fighter completely dominate and destroy their opponents at everything including their strengths.

GSP's wrestling is second to no one in MMA. His ability to take down makes his striking awesome because people are afraid to let loose on him.

Fedor is the man there is no questions but I think If Fedor and GSP fought at the same weight and you took both of their skill sets that GSP would come away with the decision.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
1: He lost to Matt Serra and Matt Hughes and then avenged those losses. Convincingly

2: I'm sorry but some people actually enjoy watching a fighter completely dominate and destroy their opponents at everything including their strengths.

GSP's wrestling is second to no one in MMA. His ability to take down makes his striking awesome because people are afraid to let loose on him.

Fedor is the man there is no questions but I think If Fedor and GSP fought at the same weight and you took both of their skill sets that GSP would come away with the decision.
Absolutely... The WW division is an extremely skilled division an GSP is at the top.... P4P GSP>Fedor
Old 07-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Max

Quote:

The thing is GSP lost to someone who was not even ranked in the top 20 of the WW div. Fedor's last loss came in dec of 2000. Not only that but Fedor's only loss should not have even been a loss. You wanna talk about domination, in Fedor's 30 MMA wins only 7 have gone to a dec (GSP has 6 dec in 19 wins). He finishes 76.66% of his fights, thats domination.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
The thing is GSP lost to someone who was not even ranked in the top 20 of the WW div. Fedor's last loss came in dec of 2000. Not only that but Fedor's only loss should not have even been a loss. You wanna talk about domination, in Fedor's 30 MMA wins only 7 have gone to a dec (GSP has 6 dec in 19 wins). He finishes 76.66% of his fights, thats domination.
If you want to talk about recent losses you should also bring up opponents. GSP has fought the much tougher fights recently. sylvia and Arlovski have been on thedown slide since leaving the UFC.

Finishes aren't everything either.

Look at mayweather. He rarely finishes people anymore and he is still considered 1 of if not the best.

Last edited by Crisco; 07-23-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Max

Quote:
If you want to talk about recent losses you should also bring up opponents. GSP has fought the much tougher fights recently. sylvia and Arlovski have been on thedown slide since leaving the UFC.

Finishes aren't everything either.

Look at mayweather. He rarely finishes people anymore and he is still considered 1 of if not the best.
Better yes but its not like Fedor has fought scrubs. Fedor's out of Fedor's last 4 fights 3 have been tough opponents. AA and Tim are both former UFC champs and although Tim looks to be a shadow of his former self AA is still a solid fighter. Lindland is also a solid fighter who lost to rampage by split dec.

Also people seem to forget that Fedor beat Cro Cop, Nog (twice) and Coleman when all were performing at their best. Fedor never had a slip up like GSP did which is why Fedor is the best in the world.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Rev

Fedor is only the best until he fights Kenflo!!!!

Ok, I'm an idiot.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Better yes but its not like Fedor has fought scrubs. Fedor's out of Fedor's last 4 fights 3 have been tough opponents. AA and Tim are both former UFC champs and although Tim looks to be a shadow of his former self AA is still a solid fighter. Lindland is also a solid fighter who lost to rampage by split dec.

Also people seem to forget that Fedor beat Cro Cop, Nog (twice) and Coleman when all were performing at their best. Fedor never had a slip up like GSP did which is why Fedor is the best in the world.
People also seem to forget that GSP beat

Sherk(top of his game)
B.J Penn (twice) GSP is the only person on that list to defeat a top 5 p4p MAchida beat B.J but that doesn't count lol
Matt Hughes (Best WW ever)(twice)
koschek Out wrestled one of the best wrestling credentials in the WW division.
Jon Fitch(a fantastic fighter)
Thiago Alves(completely nullified him) He is also still considered #2 in the division.

Both records are impressive. I feel GSP has the better skill set compared to Fedor. Fedor has more punching power and finishes but styles make fights and I think if the same weight GSP's wrestling ability and sub defense would be the deciding factor if they fought.