Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-16-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Lashley says he can take Lesnar

This guy couldn't finish Jason Guida and he's going to stop Lesnar?

http://www.twnpnews.com/messages/22853.php

Quote:
(TNA) Bobby Lashley Says He Could Beat Brock Lesnar
Headline Posted by Art Vandelay on 12:25:56 PM Jul 16, 2009

Newly signed TNA wrestler Bobby Lashley was interviewed on ESPN Radio on Wednesday and was asked what would happen if he fought UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. After watching Lesnar's fights and studying the holes in his game, Lashley said confidently, "I win."

He elaborated that he wants to fight Lesnar because he's the champ, not necessarily because he's taken a similar path to the world of Mixed Martial Arts.

"I'm not going to say anything bad on Brock because Brock is the champion. My sights are set on Brock and I'm not saying that I want to fight him because he is the wrestling guy," Lashley told ESPN Radio 1050. "I am saying that because I am a heavyweight fighter and he's the heavyweight champ. Eventually, I do want to fight Brock for that title."

Lashley says he already has a game plan in mind to beat Brock, but he won't reveal it before they fight.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Maldonado136

lashley doesnt deserve this fight hes just trying to take shortcuts through hype which i guess is smart
Old 07-16-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I understand that, the difference is, it'd be a 1-trick pony. Dana would laugh his ass to the bank and send Lashley packing.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Chris F

1- Dana will never sign him. Lashley wants the freedom to do other stuff which Dana forbids.

2- Lashey- was not as big as Brock name wise. So there is no real huge payday for this one. I do not think any MMA fan wants to see lashleyvs Lesnar

3- I think Lashley would do a better job then Mir and Herring for sure. He is a better wrestler then they were and might give Brock a run in that realm. Also Bobby can take a punch. So if they did fight it would go 5 rounds and Brock would win.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
lashley doesnt deserve this fight hes just trying to take shortcuts through hype which i guess is smart
How is he trying to take a shortcut? He has said before that he wants to be built up slowly. He was asked a question and he answered it, I see nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
1- Dana will never sign him. Lashley wants the freedom to do other stuff which Dana forbids.
Im not sure if he does want to do other stuff. The only reason he does TNA is because they work 3 days a month and it pays for his training.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Im not sure if he does want to do other stuff. The only reason he does TNA is because they work 3 days a month and it pays for his training.
which you would be stupid to not do it
Old 07-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max

He said in an interview he wants the freedom to explore his options and that was why he left WWE (the real reason was the fired his GF) So Lashley really wants more say in his carrer. Dana is a lot like Vinny Mac in that he wants to own his talent.

However if Dana called I bet he would say yes and quit TNA the next day.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:39 PM
atomdanger

I guess Lashley just signed with TNA wrestling.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1734-Pro-W...-TNA-Wrestling
Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Brock would finish Lashley in the 3rd.