Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 07-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Tim Sylvia speaks the truth!
I bet a lot of people in the UFC last longer than Tim did though.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:20 AM
Josh

The only fighters in the UFC I could see giving Fedor an interesting fight are Machida, A. Silva, and Brock maybe.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
You should fight him
yes, because i'm under contract.....oh wait
Old 07-17-2009, 01:17 PM
pistol-pete

If you read the article a bit further he also says there is no heavyweight in the UFC that would last a round with Ray Mercer.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:38 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete
If you read the article a bit further he also says there is no heavyweight in the UFC that would last a round with Ray Mercer.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Liddellfan

Ever since Tim left the UFC, anybody who beats him he says that there is nobody in the UFC that could win over that person. (Fedor, Mercer) and whoever he fights next.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:34 PM
eric84

I think right now Fedor would beat Lesnar, but give lesnar another year or 2, and it would be pretty close I think. Tim Sylvia has been saying stuff like this for a long time now, I personally don't take anything he has said to heart. Grats to him for winning the championship at the time, I personally feel there wasn't much competition though. I would like to see him come back and try to hang with some of the heavyweights now. Brock Lesnar would make him cry.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84
I think right now Fedor would beat Lesnar, but give lesnar another year or 2, and it would be pretty close I think. Tim Sylvia has been saying stuff like this for a long time now, I personally don't take anything he has said to heart. Grats to him for winning the championship at the time, I personally feel there wasn't much competition though. I would like to see him come back and try to hang with some of the heavyweights now. Brock Lesnar would make him cry.
I agree, the HW division has come a long way since Tim held the title. The division was that weak that Randy came out of retirement because he knew he could beat Sylvia and once again become champion. The division is pretty strong right now and I honestly believe that Sylvia would get beat by the top 10 guys the UFC has in the HW division.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:10 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Tim Sylvia speaks the truth!
I would say "yeah the man is speaking from experience" but then I realized he lasted 36 seconds,
Old 07-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Hughes_GOAT

he said Mir wouldn't last a minute and Lesnar wouldn't last a round, no that everyone would lose in under 36 secs.