Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Thank you God
Old 07-16-2009, 12:56 PM
canadiancountryboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid2000
Why the hell does Bisping get payed more than Mir?

Why the hell does Bisping get payed more than everyone except Brock, GSP and Hendo?

I don't get it.
If the figures INCLUDE bonuses, Bisping was paid more than Hendo, in terms of plain purse. Hendo made more only because of the win bonus.

Crazy. Hendo showed why he deserved MUCH more than Bisping.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:35 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I have never understood UFC pay.Not even once!
what's not to understand? They are based on negotiated contracts ... bisping, brock negotitated better deals ... brock probably said, listen i sell tickets and bisping said, look, i can get you the euro fans ... pretty simple ... the guys near the bottom need to prove themselves so when their contracts end, they can sign new, better ones ... paulo thiago for example was probably happy to get his foot in the door and sign for 8 a fight, then he beat kos and gets a shot at fitch, dana isn't all of a sudden going to say, oh lets re-negotitate your contract to get you something like 20-30 g's a fight .... it's a business and dana is a great business man ...
Old 07-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Crisco

Bisping is the face of the UK. Simple.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:54 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Bisping is the face of the UK. Simple.
Until Dan knocked it off ... I think they are going to go and talk to Dan Hardy about being the new face .. LOL
Old 07-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
what's not to understand? They are based on negotiated contracts ... bisping, brock negotitated better deals ... brock probably said, listen i sell tickets and bisping said, look, i can get you the euro fans ... pretty simple ... the guys near the bottom need to prove themselves so when their contracts end, they can sign new, better ones ... paulo thiago for example was probably happy to get his foot in the door and sign for 8 a fight, then he beat kos and gets a shot at fitch, dana isn't all of a sudden going to say, oh lets re-negotitate your contract to get you something like 20-30 g's a fight .... it's a business and dana is a great business man ...

But it doesn't make it right when the PPV take on UFC 100 was in the hundreds of millions--giving even the lowest fighter on the card a mere $5,000 is awfully, awfully cheap. I know there are hundreds if not thousands of guys lined up to get a chance to make that mere $5,000, but given the obscene amount of money that these fighters pull in for Dana and the UFC, I for one, think that a little better compensation is in order. ESPECIALLY given the fact that the UFC has put the kibosh on a lot of fighters sponsorhip opportunities.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
But it doesn't make it right when the PPV take on UFC 100 was in the hundreds of millions--giving even the lowest fighter on the card a mere $5,000 is awfully, awfully cheap. I know there are hundreds if not thousands of guys lined up to get a chance to make that mere $5,000, but given the obscene amount of money that these fighters pull in for Dana and the UFC, I for one, think that a little better compensation is in order. ESPECIALLY given the fact that the UFC has put the kibosh on a lot of fighters sponsorhip opportunities.
but the guys on the undercard weren't part of the PPV, so they weren't drawing anyone to watch the PPV or get them ... I hear what you are saying, but why pay someone more because UFC 100 is going to be a huge PPV, when the chance they are actually shown on the PPV is slim to none?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
but the guys on the undercard weren't part of the PPV, so they weren't drawing anyone to watch the PPV or get them ... I hear what you are saying, but why pay someone more because UFC 100 is going to be a huge PPV, when the chance they are actually shown on the PPV is slim to none?
Being the on the undercard/not being on air, is moot just the fighters overall salaries in general, its been this way for a long time a couple guys at the top making all the jack and the guys at the bottom are making crap. In some respects it pay for performance/star power, and I understand that, but my point is there should be a better minimum pay scale for the fighters given how much money is rolling in. And again clamping down on the role of sponsors really hurts the guys at the bottom of the food chain still struggling to get by.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:35 PM
billythekid2000

Quote:
I think they are going to go and talk to Dan Hardy about being the new face .. LOL
He's arrogant, as well, and only slightly more likeable than Bisping.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancountryboy
If the figures INCLUDE bonuses, Bisping was paid more than Hendo, in terms of plain purse. Hendo made more only because of the win bonus.

Crazy. Hendo showed why he deserved MUCH more than Bisping.
it doesnt it said it in the article