Old 07-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Shaq wants to fight Brock

Shaq is just as stupid as Jose Canseco.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...urn=nba,176709

Quote:
Dana White: 'Shaq wants to fight Brock Lesnar'

By J.E. Skeets

Where does one go after dunking on a 13-ton shark? What's the next step after defeating Damon Jones with a plastic knife and killer dance moves? Well, if you're Shaquille O'Neal(notes) you challenge the UFC heavyweight champion of the world.

UFC president Dana White joined "Into The Night with Tony Bruno" to discuss UFC 100's impressive ratings, the possibility of a Brock Lesnar-Fedor Emelianenko match, and the desire of The Big Diesel/Witness/Twitter to step inside the octagon with the Coors Light-drinkin' champ. Sports Radio Interviews transcribes the gold:

"Shaq texts and Twitters me all the time saying he wants to fight Brock Lesnar. He's been training for 10 years; Shaq's probably the only dude in the NBA that can actually fight ... I told Shaq, I said listen, 'Win another NBA championship this year and then we'll talk next year.'"

White's right; Shaq's yearning to get in the cage is nothing new. He's been training with Jonathan Burke of Gracie's Gym for 10 years now, where he does the full gamut of MMA, boxing, jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai and wrestling. Cagewriter spoke with Burke in May who said that O'Neal "works his tail off" during drills and "has way more talent with this stuff than people would imagine." And again, he dunked on a freakin' shark!

It's a long shot to ever happen, but Shaq vs. Brock ... I would pay good money to see that.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Maldonado136

geez next thing you know gary coleman and danny bonaduce will be asking for fights lol
Old 07-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
geez next thing you know gary coleman and danny bonaduce will be asking for fights lol
Yeah sad things is Danny has a better stand up than some fighters!! LOL..
Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
Why is wrong for Shaq to want to fight. He has been training longer the Brock. I could see if he was a Nvice but 10 years is a lot more than many. Just because he is a BB player should not disqualify him. However he should hit the minors first.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 PM
County Mike

I'd watch it.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:16 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Why is wrong for Shaq to want to fight. He has been training longer the Brock. I could see if he was a Nvice but 10 years is a lot more than many. Just because he is a BB player should not disqualify him. However he should hit the minors first.
C'mon Chris....you are asking people to be FAIR and IMPARTIAL.....

Do you really think that's possible?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Guess it depends how you look at it. Brock has been wrestling for way more than 10 years. Wrestling is a very powerful MMA discipline.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:20 AM
Hughes_GOAT

let them fight. Shaq won't make 265 anyway.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:46 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
let them fight. Shaq won't make 265 anyway.
excellent point. Could they have a catch weight the commission would accept?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Guess it depends how you look at it. Brock has been wrestling for way more than 10 years. Wrestling is a very powerful MMA discipline.
I never said he a chance. In fact I think he would be KO'd in under a minute. Its just he has some real training in MMA so why not let them go at it if he is crazy enough to do it. With 10 years of Gracie BJJ I think one may be surprised at his skill level on the ground. SO Brock would probably just stand and put him to sleep.