Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Gotcha. So is this something you're going to keep pursuing? You are certainly off to a good start. I'm not going to try and spell your wife's name because I KNOW I'll spell it wrong but was she there? What were her thoughts?
Yeah she was there, she's in the video for about 4 seconds (but you can hear her all through it). She says that she's proud of me and thats pretty much all i desire in the world, so that makes me feel incredible. she understands MMA and it's intricacies better than most, so her telling me i did great, really means alot to me on multiple levels.

Yeah, i'd love to persue it and maybe build a career. I'm definatly not training as much as i should be but thats because of work and family issues. BUT, i'm looking for a new job and plan on training fulltime and possibly starting a career. Even if i don't start a successful fight career, i'm actually a good coach, i teach basic MMA and childrens jiu-jitsu and i just started training 9 months ago myself. I could pursue that and be content. we'll see man, everyone around me (not to sound conceded) says i'm a natural and that i'm lightyears ahead of others who have trained just as long (if not longer) than i've been.
In the end, i just want to make MMA part of my life, whatever the connection turns out to be: a news site, fighting, coaching, owning my own gym
__________________
Everything is a test

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
Yeah she was there, she's in the video for about 4 seconds (but you can hear her all through it). She says that she's proud of me and thats pretty much all i desire in the world, so that makes me feel incredible. she understands MMA and it's intricacies better than most, so her telling me i did great, really means alot to me on multiple levels.

Yeah, i'd love to persue it and maybe build a career. I'm definatly not training as much as i should be but thats because of work and family issues. BUT, i'm looking for a new job and plan on training fulltime and possibly starting a career. Even if i don't start a successful fight career, i'm actually a good coach, i teach basic MMA and childrens jiu-jitsu and i just started training 9 months ago myself. I could pursue that and be content. we'll see man, everyone around me (not to sound conceded) says i'm a natural and that i'm lightyears ahead of others who have trained just as long (if not longer) than i've been.
In the end, i just want to make MMA part of my life, whatever the connection turns out to be: a news site, fighting, coaching, owning my own gym
That's great brother...

Is it Mooga? It's something like that right??
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
That's great brother...

Is it Mooga? It's something like that right??
Marge, i just call her Mogah (moe-guh), it's a nickname i gave her years ago. I only call her Marge when we fight, which is really rare.
__________________
Everything is a test

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:39 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
Marge, i just call her Mogah (moe-guh), it's a nickname i gave her years ago. I only call her Marge when we fight, which is really rare.
Where did Mogah come from? If we ever meet do I call her Marge? I don't want her to think we're fighting!!!

I think it's fun to have nicknames for our loved ones...

Hmmm... that might be a decent thread....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Where did Mogah come from? If we ever meet do I call her Marge? I don't want her to think we're fighting!!!

I think it's fun to have nicknames for our loved ones...

Hmmm... that might be a decent thread....
Didn't really come from anywhere, i just made it up.
I have trouble remembering peoples names, i don't know why, but iv'e had the problem ever since i cameback from Egypt when i was 9. i would just give everyone nicknames and i would always remember those. dunno man, i'm a strange cat.
__________________
Everything is a test

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
It was the shin guards that kept me from finishing it the first time
that was the first thing that came to my mind when I watched your fight. You did great and were those HIT Squad shorts you were wearing?

By the way why did he stand you two up so quickly in the first? I thought he was gonna move you two away from the ropes but he stood you up instead.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
Didn't really come from anywhere, i just made it up.
I have trouble remembering peoples names, i don't know why, but iv'e had the problem ever since i cameback from Egypt when i was 9. i would just give everyone nicknames and i would always remember those. dunno man, i'm a strange cat.
You're preaching to the choir man.... Why do you think I call everybody brother?

I used to be an usher at church and we all wore name tags.. every Sunday person after person walked by me... "Hey Chuck"... "Hi Chuck"... "Good Morning Chuck"....

And what did they hear in response????

"Good morning Brother...." "Good morning Sister"....

It wasn't fair... I had a name tag on!!!!

Anyway... I'm bad with names too... that's how the "brother" habit started...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
that was the first thing that came to my mind when I watched your fight. You did great and were those HIT Squad shorts you were wearing?

By the way why did he stand you two up so quickly in the first? I thought he was gonna move you two away from the ropes but he stood you up instead.
Thanks alot brah, yeah those were H.I.T. squad shorts, recognize

I have no idea why the bastard stood us up, i had just gotten the takedown and was active. everyone had a problem with that ref, terrible
__________________
Everything is a test

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
Thanks alot brah, yeah those were H.I.T. squad shorts, recognize

I have no idea why the bastard stood us up, i had just gotten the takedown and was active. everyone had a problem with that ref, terrible
yea when I saw the shorts I thought to myself that I had seen them somewhere before
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Jojo were you even a little nervous before the fight? You looked like you had been waiting 10 years to get in there and the other looked like he just wanted to look like a fighter then was rethinking it as he was in the ring
Actually, no i wasn't really nervous.
I've always believed (it's a personal belief, it's by no means backed up scriptualy) that in this world, every person is made to complete a specific purpose and if they don't reach these goals, they'll never be truly happy. I believe god makes artists, carpenters, even truckers, and theres nothing wrong with these jobs, if they make you happy, take an artist and make him race cars and i guarantee you he'll be miserable. Well, i also believe that God makes warriors, David was a warrior and he was also a man after God's own heart.
Before i met Mogah, i wanted to be a Navy Seal like my uncle, i felt as if that was my path and i was so sure of it, i put everything into that. But as Mogah and I grew closer, i came to a crossroads, she didn't want me to go into the military and i had to choose. I stayed with her. I felt as if it was unfair, like I was cheated out of my destiny (i never held it against her, i made the decision myself and honestly can't imagin life without her).
But i always said "maybe i can still do it, it's not too late, she can come with me somehow". Well...then, my family fell apart. My mother fell off the grid and I had to take in my brother and sister lest they go into the system and be seperated not only from me but from eachother. Now I was really stuck, I couldn't do anything, I couldn't walk the path i was meant to. I was trying desperatly to patch up a family all while working an incredibly horrible job (5pm-5am, thursday thru sunday), all my energies were directed into that.

Then i found James Simrell MMA. MMA had always been my release, even though i was only watching it, i connected with it. I understood it. So, with the little time i had to myself, i began training. In a matter of days i was a different person at home, my wife said i was my old self again. I wasn't a seal, but i was competing, i was around other warriors and i was learning the trade. Now, i can't imagine life without MMA, it fills that void, it allows me to do what i have to at home, because i have that sweet release. I'm able to be a warrior (wether or not I'm any good at it, we'll see).

When I went in there that night, i wasn't nervous, it was the culmination of everything i had been wishing for and working towards, i was finally going to war. And i'll say this, i can lose every fight from here on out, i can get beat and destroyed, but July 11th will be with me forever as a key moment in my life and something that will help shape the man I'm SUPPOSED to be, i'll remember it up there with the birth of little Zoe-Jane and meeting my wife. Honestly, it's cheesy i know, but it's the night I was set free, it was about me and God, not my family and it's issues, not my horrible job, and not all the responsiblities that were thrown on my back over these past 2 years.

sorry for the long corny answer, but it's how i honestly feel and you hit it right on the head, i had been waiting for that moment my whole life, it made sense of alot of things and it felt incredible
__________________
Everything is a test


Last edited by Psykojojo; 07-15-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.