Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMeh
I heard Brock Lesnar's interview on Jim Rome today, and as a critic let me be the first to say if that's who Brock Lesnar really is, I am impressed. While I still didn't like his act in the Mir fight, he was very impressive to listen to.
Link?
Old 07-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
as for the sport, well he works as hard as anyone and fights top comp, that's all that can be asked.
No its not.

Its only half of what I ask.

But then I have been accused of high standards as if it were some kinda crime
Old 07-26-2009, 06:08 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

As far as Dan, I agree he shouldn't have hit Bisping again knowing he was out. I'm glad he's going to be okay.
dan came back after the post-fight speech and said he was just kidding about hitting him a second time on purpose. he said once he was in the air he did realize bisping was out, but at that point it was an instinctual reaction and wasn't done out of spite or anything like that. that stuff happens all the time. it happened when gonzaga KO'd crocop and millions of other times, it's all instinct
Old 07-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
dan came back after the post-fight speech and said he was just kidding about hitting him a second time on purpose. he said once he was in the air he did realize bisping was out, but at that point it was an instinctual reaction and wasn't done out of spite or anything like that. that stuff happens all the time. it happened when gonzaga KO'd crocop and millions of other times, it's all instinct
Right, its always easyto Monday morning QB from the comfort of our chair. We did not see what DAN saw....we could not judge the angles the same as Dan did. What we saw, he saw differently to be sure.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 07-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
You hit until the ref says to stop.

Henderson did the right thing. There was no way of knowing at the time he threw the second, that Bispings first KO was anything more then a flash KO. IF Henderson had stopped and Bispings KO had just been a flash, then Micheal would have still been awake and the hesitation might have cost Henderson the match.

Now if the Ref had said stop and he had still done it...then thats one thing...but the Ref had not...you fight until the Ref says stop. Then you stop.

By my viewing, Dan Henderson did just that.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Liddellfan

There was nothing done on purpose there,Hendo was right, fight until the ref. stops the fight. A fight that comes to mind when someone is trying to do damage after the ref calles the fight, Wanderlei VS Rampage comes to mind. The ref stopped the fight and Rampage purposfully kept hitting Wanderlei, that WAS on purpose.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:23 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
No its not.

Its only half of what I ask.

But then I have been accused of high standards as if it were some kinda crime
high standards as long as they don't apply to Pulver, right?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
"i believe i shut him up for a while, i don't know if he'll ever shut his mouth completely though? normally i'm not that way in fights. i know if a guy is out. i tend to stop. i knew i hit him out. i think that last one was just to shut him up a bit."
yeah, Dan didn't know he was out
Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
high standards as long as they don't apply to Pulver, right?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn