Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-17-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
well if we're gonna use fighters opinions, i'll use Matt's.

Matt says he's friends with Brock and he's a good guy.

Matt's opinion > Swick's opinion

and Bonnie, Brock doesn't care to TRY TO MAKE the fans who boo him, like him. they're basically telling him to f-off with boos, so he returned the favor.
I KNOW he doesn't care, isn't that what I SAID! Usually boos are to indicate the crowd is displeased with you for some reason. Brock is the one who took it as f-you and decided to flip off everyone.

But, hey, I get it, it's all about the money with Dana and Brock and all that's important is that Brock is UFC PPV KING. We all know the reprimand-apology wasn't for the fans...

Sponsor > Fans

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-17-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Hughes_GOAT

i thought you said he doesn't care about the fans so they don't care about him? the problem is, the haters have been out since he started, they initiated, he returned fire after hearing it for 4 matches. let them be dipleased. lose a bet, had fav fighter get beat down, i can understand them being displeased. fans dish it out but don't like to take it apparently. the haters will still buy his PPV's even if they say they won't, because they're desire to see him lose is greater than their hate.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:08 PM
jasonmma

Default all this is said but.....

hes getting better and will only get better. shane carwin wont be able to touch him. hes just trying to get his name in there in they hype. yeah he knocked out gonzaga in their fight but he was taken down so easily brock will handle him. the only person i think could give him a run right now is fedor, and i think dana will sign him its going to cost him but they can afford it. everyone will talk bad about brock even if he somehow beats fedor too. it wont matter what he does everyone is going to talk bad about him but guess what, they will still buy his fights still talk trash about him no matter who he beats, because he dont care what people think and even if he was being nice and not talking trash u would find something else to talk bad about him.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Chris F

Fact is even in the day of the Gladiators people had a favorite and the proverbial anti-hero. History has discovered that fans would purchase memorabilia like items from their favorites. They also have document telling how much one was so despised they hoped the lions would feast on his flesh tonight. Also booing began in the coliseums. The thumbs down we do when we boo was telling the Cesar they wanted him dead. So there is nothing new here. Fans will always have the person they hope gets there's in the end. It has nothing to do with WWE esque flair his tirade had.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

AGREED! Nicely put sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I gothca....

For me nothing Brock has done yet impresses me.... he's just a low skill, one dimensional fighter...not the sharpest Crayon in the box for sure...

He has all the pieces he needs to be amazing... I just don't see it yet..

Herring is a gatekeeper and BL couldn't finish him....
Randy is a stud granted but he's old, past his prime and IMO was winning that fight until he got clipped..

Mir... top comp? Maybe... but in a weak HW division in the UFC....

My thoughts anyway....
Old 07-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Rev

I dont think he is as low level as we think, I think he just needs to learn to combine everything he is learning. I have a buddy Brandon, who is at MMAA with Brock and Sherk and he says that Brock is great when kickboxing and has fast hands. He says that his submission game is pretty good and getting better. But in the fights I havent seen him put it all together in a smooth package.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:04 AM

I like what Matt said about him, and after seeing his post fight apology, I might come around. I dunno.. I respect that he whipped my guy's ass though. I hated it, but if I thought that Mir was gonna beat him, and he beat Mir, that says a lot about his level at this point.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
I like what Matt said about him, and after seeing his post fight apology, I might come around. I dunno.. I respect that he whipped my guy's ass though. I hated it, but if I thought that Mir was gonna beat him, and he beat Mir, that says a lot about his level at this point.
Or Frank's
Old 07-19-2009, 04:32 AM
Hughes_GOAT

excellent posts Jasonmma, Chris F. and Rev!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:01 AM
MMeh

I heard Brock Lesnar's interview on Jim Rome today, and as a critic let me be the first to say if that's who Brock Lesnar really is, I am impressed. While I still didn't like his act in the Mir fight, he was very impressive to listen to.