Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-16-2009, 09:47 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
As far as Dan, I agree he shouldn't have hit Bisping again knowing he was out. I'm glad he's going to be okay.
Do you mean Dan? Or Bisping?

jk
Old 07-17-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Do you mean Dan? Or Bisping?

jk
Hey, I'm sure my neighbors two miles down could hear me when Dan landed that big right and Bisping went down.

I did get concerned when Bisping stayed out as long as he did. I wanted Dan to KO him not kill him.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:23 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Babs held the choke after the REF stopped the fight.

The Hendo fight was not over when Hendo hit bisping.

You fight until the ref stops it. Plain and simple. You never stop until the ref stops the fight.
yeah, that would work if Henderson didn't say he knew he was out but wanted to hit him anyway.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Bonnie, the fans have been bashing Brock from day 1. most thought he came straight from WWE. he's only trash talked Mir and Herring because they started it. Couture was cool with him and Brock was in return. Matt and Dana both like him because he is a good guy but he won't put up with his opponents talking trash. he gives it back.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Bonnie, the fans have been bashing Brock from day 1. most thought he came straight from WWE. he's only trash talked Mir and Herring because they started it. Couture was cool with him and Brock was in return. Matt and Dana both like him because he is a good guy but he won't put up with his opponents talking trash. he gives it back.

I know, I was guilty of that myself. But, I then read and listened to what people like you (people who know what the heck they're talking about ) were telling us about his wrestling (college) background and his training, etc... and realized I wasn't being fair to him. I thought he at least deserved the chance to prove himself as a fighter just like everyone else has to do who enters the sport. From what I saw when he was going to fight Randy, he trains really hard and is serious about it so that was a + in my eyes. I did think Dana fast-tracked him too fast, and yeah, I know you said Randy and others had been fast-tracked. I'm just saying I don't think that helped matters for him. As far as trash talking, I don't really like it, but I understand the hype, etc... He's gonna have to grow a thicker skin and let some of that go in one ear and out the other. You know, be less sensitive, like you.

But, all of that aside, the people who were bashing from day 1, etc... Brock is a big boy and he's been around the block (wrestling, football, the WWE), so he's been exposed to fans booing him before now. I still stand by what I said, he could have swayed a lot of the naysayers his way from the beginning if not for his antics after his fights especially this last one. I'm not saying he wouldn't still have "boos", but he could begin to have some true blue fans like Matt has.

Basically, GOAT, if he doesn't give a $h!t about the fans, more than likely, they're not going to give a $h!t about him.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:58 AM
clm12704

I actually liked Brock when he first arrived. As somebody that NEVER watches WWE, I wasn't familiar with him and I was excited to see what he could do. It didn't take long for his true colors to shine through and I was out.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:21 AM
clm12704

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,177094

It's not just the fans...
Old 07-17-2009, 06:02 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Couture is not on board with what Brock did after the Mir fight. Also, a lot of the hate for Brock has nothing to do with the WWE stint - the man's amateur wrestling credentials speak for themselves, and he is a phenomenal athlete. But the fact that he seems convinced he has to be the bad guy to sell is sport tells me he's either (1) painfully naive/insecure, because anyone with half a brain would respect his talent regardless of what he did pre UFC or (2) a jerk. I put him in the same category as Floyd Mayweather - love the skills, hate the act.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm12704
well if we're gonna use fighters opinions, i'll use Matt's.

Matt says he's friends with Brock and he's a good guy.

Matt's opinion > Swick's opinion

and Bonnie, Brock doesn't care to TRY TO MAKE the fans who boo him, like him. they're basically telling him to f-off with boos, so he returned the favor.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:18 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Couture has no room to talk after lying about his pay, MMeh. i never said he was on board, merely that he and Brock were cool with each other (unlike Herring/Mir) before Brock crushed his face. most people that don't like Brock, do think he was WWE only. the others that know of his amatuer days blow it off and say so what. he doesn't have to be convinced of anything. he knows history, and history shows that being a bad guy sells the most PPV's. Tito did for a long time. Lesnar is UFC PPV King now.

Last edited by Hughes_GOAT; 07-17-2009 at 07:41 AM.