Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Here is a pic of Monson during his fight with Tim

I can see how you could say he was not in a fight at all. He looks so fresh, almost like he was not punched at all
LOL .. .show a pic of after the fight ....
Old 07-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
you saw what happened when BJ moved up a weight class and just used his skill didn't you ?
very true, which is why I have said that BJ moving up to fight GSP or GSP moving up to fight Anderson do nothing to prove who is the better p4p fighter.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:20 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
First off, saying that fighters today are much better than in the past is opinion, not fact. Sure there will be a natural progression as fighters begin training earlier and earlier in life, but many of the older fighters haven't been doing so well recently because of their age, not because of their lack of skill.

I never claimed that GSP was a bad fighter. He's a great fighter. However, claiming that he's the greatest ever is a little premature at this point. That's all I'm saying.
who claimed he is the greatest ever ?
it wasn't me if thats what you are trying to say,
GSP is a very very good fighter and maybe some day he will be considered as the greatest WW that ever fought in the UFC or maybe not, only time will tell,
in my opinion Matt is still the greatest WW of all time and will be for some time to come but someday GSP or some other fighter will dethrone him
that is just a fact of life in any sport i'm afraid and right now it looks like GSP has a legitimate shot at becoming the best WW ever but even if he does do it that time is a long long way off yet.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
LOL .. .show a pic of after the fight ....
why? If he looks like **** during the fight he will look like **** after.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:26 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
First off, saying that fighters today are much better than in the past is opinion, not fact. Sure there will be a natural progression as fighters begin training earlier and earlier in life, but many of the older fighters haven't been doing so well recently because of their age, not because of their lack of skill.

I never claimed that GSP was a bad fighter. He's a great fighter. However, claiming that he's the greatest ever is a little premature at this point. That's all I'm saying.
i didn't see anyone crowning him the greatest ever ...
Old 07-12-2009, 09:28 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
why? If he looks like **** during the fight he will look like **** after.
not true ... blood can spread from a small cut ... look at matt after the alves fight .. when they showed him on the matt at the end of the fight, he had blood all over his face .. after it was wiped off, not so much ... and you thought mir looked bad yesterday, his wife is gonna make him wear a pillowcase over his head ....
Old 07-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
not true ... blood can spread from a small cut ... look at matt after the alves fight .. when they showed him on the matt at the end of the fight, he had blood all over his face .. after it was wiped off, not so much ... and you thought mir looked bad yesterday, his wife is gonna make him wear a pillowcase over his head ....
first off, it does not matter if the blood spread from a small cut. You said this
"after the monson fight, AA fight and even anderson's last two fights, both fighters came out of that looking like neither had been in a fight ..."
even if it was a small cut that did that it is clear he was in a fight.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i wonder, where were all you guys saying "GREAT JOB GSP!" and "i love it!" and "beautiful!" when GSP beat matt twice in a row. either nowhere to be found or begging for GSP's blood.

typical fairweather fans
This was the gayest post you have ever made.

Obviously because they wanted Matt to beat GSP.

Drink your haterade que.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I heard that Thiago Alves wept on his way back to the hotel after the postfight press conference.

Its not that I think highly of him.

...but he had a nice smile...and I dont like to think of him in tears.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Jason 16

Some forum members are makeing them selfs look very stupid in this thread .