Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
No. I'm saying that I think Georges knew he couldnt beat Matt on the Ground. I think that he knew if they ever faced in a rematch, Matt probably wouldnt do the stand-up so completely again.

That win, should have removed the fear of fighting Hughes...but actually it intensified it, because GSP had not beaten Hughes on the ground, where Hughes was strong.

Now, when GSP finished Matt on the ground in the third match, then, you see he could say that he could beat Hughes, in matts area of strength...he no longer fears Hughes...he would probably do a rematch at short notice now, because he believes he can always win now, as he has done.

Thinking like that will get him killed if it ever comes to pass.

Try not to act like this is the first time you've ever heard me say this Crisco...I've said it before
you sure assume an awful lot when it comes to GSP,
you should be a fiction writer with an imagination like that Dave.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Crisco

Quote:
No. I'm saying that I think Georges knew he couldnt beat Matt on the Ground. I think that he knew if they ever faced in a rematch, Matt probably wouldnt do the stand-up so completely again.

That win, should have removed the fear of fighting Hughes...but actually it intensified it, because GSP had not beaten Hughes on the ground, where Hughes was strong.

Now, when GSP finished Matt on the ground in the third match, then, you see he could say that he could beat Hughes, in matts area of strength...he no longer fears Hughes...he would probably do a rematch at short notice now, because he believes he can always win now, as he has done.

Thinking like that will get him killed if it ever comes to pass.

Try not to act like this is the first time you've ever heard me say this Crisco...I've said it before
I don't recall you ever saying this and I was confused by the wording you chose that is why I asked.

You definately make a lot of assumptions. Some are good others are not.

That being said if Matt and GSP every fight again I hope Matt completely smushes GSP' head and takes the belt back
Old 07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
you sure assume an awful lot when it comes to GSP,
you should be a fiction writer with an imagination like that Dave.
I have theories, based on proper psychology, and my research of the specific fighter.

I havent been following GSP properly enough to know much after he beat Matt Serra.

But I am right, more often then I am wrong, and everyso often, a video will come to light where the fighter will admit to what I've been suspecting. Happens with Jens Pulver all the time.

Just recently, one of the most contriversial things I said about him, in terms of whats happened to lil evil the persona and why...he admits to it in the video about his wedding...I was like " YES, I KNEW I WAS RIGHT"

btw...where have you been...it feels like ages since I talked with you
Old 07-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I don't recall you ever saying this and I was confused by the wording you chose that is why I asked.

You definately make a lot of assumptions. Some are good others are not.

That being said if Matt and GSP every fight again I hope Matt completely smushes GSP' head and takes the belt back
the longer the post...the more vauge I become coz I forget what the original question was

I base my assumptions of research and psychology..its not that accurate...but its more accurate then idle speculation
Old 07-14-2009, 09:58 PM
maxumII

[QUOTE=Tyburn]

Then he beats Serra. But I've abandoned him for Fitch, who he battles, but cant finish. QUOTE]

So you abandon a fighter who doesn't finish a fight? You criticize GSP for not finishing guys like Fitch and TA, but smashed(finished) Serra.

How is that not an insult to Matt who couldn't finish Serra or Lytle.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

[QUOTE=maxumII]
Quote:

Then he beats Serra. But I've abandoned him for Fitch, who he battles, but cant finish. QUOTE]
Quote:

So you abandon a fighter who doesn't finish a fight? You criticize GSP for not finishing guys like Fitch and TA, but smashed(finished) Serra.

How is that not an insult to Matt who couldn't finish Serra or Lytle.
No. "I've abandoned him" Thats PAST TENSE for a reason. I think it was when he wouldnt give Hughes a rematch and then hurt himself again to delay Serra that I actually abandoned him.

The fact he doesnt finish a fighter isnt that important...just noting that he didnt finish two of the top contenders.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 AM
maxumII

[QUOTE=Tyburn]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxumII
[COLOR="Red"]
No. "I've abandoned him" Thats PAST TENSE for a reason. I think it was when he wouldnt give Hughes a rematch and then hurt himself again to delay Serra that I actually abandoned him.

The fact he doesnt finish a fighter isnt that important...just noting that he didnt finish two of the top contenders.
Didn't GSP for the 3rd fight take it on like 30 days notice?

Is it not worse to not finish guys that are no where near being top contenders?

Is dominating and FINISHING the greatest ww to walk the earth not enough? He is dominating and winning decisively against as you stated, "two of the top contenders". I think you expect too much some times.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxumII
I think you expect too much some times.
maybe on that account you are right
Old 07-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Max

Quote:
maybe on that account you are right
I like how you responded to that comment but not the one that pointed out that GSP took the 3rd fight with Matt on short notice.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
I like how you responded to that comment but not the one that pointed out that GSP took the 3rd fight with Matt on short notice.