Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
Dave you should really step back and read what you have written before you post,( and yes you are right i should step back and read what i have written before i post as well but we both know i'm not smart enough to do that but you certainly are Dave. )
i know you think GSP cheated every time he has gotten into the ring because thats the only way you can justify the wins he has over everybody who is anybody in the UFC but it really is starting to look like your just a hater but i cant say that for sure because i dont have any real PROOF ! ! !

do you see what i'm trying to say here Dave ?
I SAW him cheat in the Penn match. that IS proof...I dont know he cheated in other matches...but there is suspicion. Its the suspicion thats now the stigma
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 07-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
yet u dont think sherk cheated even though he was actualy stripped of his title...

face it dave your a hater and inconsistent with your reasoning and just make yourself look dumb with it...
No my Reasoning is consistant.

With GSP we all saw the proof of Cheating.

With Sherk the only "proof" was on the grounds of a corrupt athletic associational test result.

I think that to proove sherks guilt you would have to analyse his evidence on tampering and contamination, which the athletic commission werent obliged to do.

If it had been a criminal court, then Sherk would have been found innocent I reckon with the evidence he had about the keeping of the samples.

Whereas...GSP cheated so publically EVERYBODY SAW...its videoed...that IS the evidence. GSP deserved to lose his belt over that, and Sherk deserved to keep his belt over his...but...Cest La Vie...as Georges Saint Pierre would no doubt say
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 07-14-2009, 01:51 PM
pistol-pete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I cant believe you just aggreed with that other bloke that I'm a hater.

I'm not a Hater

I just pointed out that GSP had been known to cheat. which is Truth. I also pointed out that GSP, skilled though he is, hasnt got as much skill as Matt Hughes.

I might expect someone who doesnt post here a lot to call me a hater without knowing me. But for you to aggree with him because of the above...which I assume is why you highlighted what he said and put "hit the nail on the head" shows some nerve.

What part dont you aggree with me on Crisco? That GSP has cheated before...or that Matt Hughes isnt skilled enough to beat him??

that hurt I thought you were a friend, who knew me better then to say something mean like that
What a friend can't disagree with you? Is this the playground? I have been here now for about two years, and I usually respect what you say, but your stance on GSP is a bit over the top, I just wish you could come out and say that you just don't like the guy and hope he gets beat.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I cant believe you just aggreed with that other bloke that I'm a hater.

I'm not a Hater

I just pointed out that GSP had been known to cheat. which is Truth. I also pointed out that GSP, skilled though he is, hasnt got as much skill as Matt Hughes.

I might expect someone who doesnt post here a lot to call me a hater without knowing me. But for you to aggree with him because of the above...which I assume is why you highlighted what he said and put "hit the nail on the head" shows some nerve.

What part dont you aggree with me on Crisco? That GSP has cheated before...or that Matt Hughes isnt skilled enough to beat him??

that hurt I thought you were a friend, who knew me better then to say something mean like that
I was not directly referring to you Dave more so anyone that denies GSP's talent is a hater. The grease debate is dead and gone. GSP dismantled TA who was and is still though to be the most dangerous in the division and he did it without grease.

I never said Hughes was not skilled enough to beat him.

The match up is a bad one for Matt and GSP will always give him a hard time.

GSP is a poor match up for anyone because he can outstrike and out wrestle pretty much the whole division.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 07-14-2009, 04:35 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ
Everything you have said is pure speculation, no concrete evidence exists that GSP cheated in any of his previous fights. This could have been a single occurance. There just isn't any proof, and you can't base an entire arguement on hearsay. I could make the arguement that Sean Sherk has no credibility because he was caught cycling steroids, what assures his legitimacy in this matter? How can you be so sure that Jason Miller doesn't have any ulterior motives by supporting these allegations? It's a win-win for him, he can create doubt and doesn't have to back any of it up.

The only fighter with clout and credibility that came forward was Matt Hughes, and he said that he doesn't know for sure. All he said was GSP felt slippery, that doesn't automatically mean he cheated. Matt also went on to say that it wouldn't have changed the outcome of his fight. I really don't think this will affect GSP's place in the mma history books at all, and I think people need to start coming to grips that its sort of weak. (I'm not saying its 100% completey false, i'm just saying there is a serious lack of evidence)

Finally, the comparisons between GSP and Matt need to end. At the end of the day, Matt Hughes is a legend and has cemented his legacy as one of the best MMA champions ever. GSP is potentially on his way, but still has quite a way to go. You don't just get the type of credentials Matt Hughes has in a few years, you got to earn your stripes.

amj
I agree there is no SOLID evidence, but I think its fair to say its a little beyond speculation.
People have been convicted in court for less.

Anybody who doesn't think it odd that after he fought those people,
and they ALL said he was slick, then later got caught applying grease to his body is a fool.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here's a nice video of what you look like after GSP does nothing for 25 minutes....scroll down to Alves..... ;)

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=vide...home&gid=21199
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete
What a friend can't disagree with you? Is this the playground? I have been here now for about two years, and I usually respect what you say, but your stance on GSP is a bit over the top, I just wish you could come out and say that you just don't like the guy and hope he gets beat.
What Since when have I EVER said that I dont like him and hope he gets beat?

Let me remind you what I actually said two years ago...possibly three...or maybe four, I cant remember. Feels like I've been around here forever

Before Penn/GSP 1, I said that I thought that GSP was great. I said I thought he was worthy of taking the division after Matt Hughes Retired. I said I admired him because he worked his way to the very top. Got smushed...and he worked his way to the top a second time. GSP wasnt fastracked, he worked for everything he got. I came down on Penn like a tonne of bricks when he brought the old title belt to his match with GSP...cant remember if he did it to Hughes aswell. I sided with GSP on the Judging of the contest (damage inflicted is NOT something marked by the judging criteria...it doesnt matter how bad you make your opponent look)

GSP won the rights to fight Hughes first, but he had lost to Hughes, He had beaten Penn, and Penn had beaten Hughes. Suddenly GSP deffered to Penn to challenge Hughes First. I cant remember if he slipped on sweat, or pulled his groin, or whatever he did. Timing was impeccable. I couldnt help see the cooincidence. I was there thinking to myself, this is the first time ive ever seen GSP cut corners, to make a personal gain quicker. In GSPs head, Penn beats Hughes (which he had already done) and then GSP beats Penn (which he had already done.

But Penn didnt beat Hughes so GSP was forced to fight Hughes...a match Hughes took very soon after Penn. A fight in which Hughes almost entirely fought on His feet. What a hollow victory it must have been for GSP who hadnt expected to see Hughes on the feet. Then GSP begins to crack up. He wont do a rematch with Hughes because he says he hasnt enough time to prepare, he wont fight Serra, coz he hurts himself again. The media blow him up to be fantastic and Classy...but he knows the victory was...not as good as it could have been.

Finally, he gets taken out by Serra at his most mentally weak.

GSP had turned out to be a magnificent dissapointment, because I believe he rushed to the top way before he was ready.

He remateched Hughes and third time and won, on the ground, which at least finally meant he had truely, once, beaten Hughes in his mind. Thats why he wouldnt be able to beat Matt Hughes now. He is no longer afraid of Matt Hughes and that will be his downfall if they ever meet again. GSPs weakness is his mental health.

Then he beats Serra. But I've abandoned him for Fitch, who he battles, but cant finish. I dont know why. Then he matches up with Penn and is caught cheating. He had a lot to loose, Penn had nothing. When the pressure is at its maximum he cuts corners. He did it before fighting Hughes 2, he did it again with Penn. People say he didnt cheat, because he cant help getting hurt, and he cant help not having the time to prepare, and he cant help smearing grease all over himself, its not strictly against the law, and he has a lot to lose.

Tallented? Yes...but not as Tallented as Hughes...do I hate GSP? NO...I'm just so increadibly dissapointed in his behaviour ever sinse the outcome of Penn1

That is something that I have said a gazzillion times on this forum, its a far cry from being a hater..a dejected fan is more accurate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I was not directly referring to you Dave more so anyone that denies GSP's talent is a hater. The grease debate is dead and gone. GSP dismantled TA who was and is still though to be the most dangerous in the division and he did it without grease.

I never said Hughes was not skilled enough to beat him.

The match up is a bad one for Matt and GSP will always give him a hard time.

GSP is a poor match up for anyone because he can outstrike and out wrestle pretty much the whole division.
Oh. I thought you were specifically singling me out. If you werent, then that is good

The grease debate will never be dead and gone
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
What Since when have I EVER said that I dont like him and hope he gets beat?

Let me remind you what I actually said two years ago...possibly three...or maybe four, I cant remember. Feels like I've been around here forever

Before Penn/GSP 1, I said that I thought that GSP was great. I said I thought he was worthy of taking the division after Matt Hughes Retired. I said I admired him because he worked his way to the very top. Got smushed...and he worked his way to the top a second time. GSP wasnt fastracked, he worked for everything he got. I came down on Penn like a tonne of bricks when he brought the old title belt to his match with GSP...cant remember if he did it to Hughes aswell. I sided with GSP on the Judging of the contest (damage inflicted is NOT something marked by the judging criteria...it doesnt matter how bad you make your opponent look)

GSP won the rights to fight Hughes first, but he had lost to Hughes, He had beaten Penn, and Penn had beaten Hughes. Suddenly GSP deffered to Penn to challenge Hughes First. I cant remember if he slipped on sweat, or pulled his groin, or whatever he did. Timing was impeccable. I couldnt help see the cooincidence. I was there thinking to myself, this is the first time ive ever seen GSP cut corners, to make a personal gain quicker. In GSPs head, Penn beats Hughes (which he had already done) and then GSP beats Penn (which he had already done.

But Penn didnt beat Hughes so GSP was forced to fight Hughes...a match Hughes took very soon after Penn. A fight in which Hughes almost entirely fought on His feet. What a hollow victory it must have been for GSP who hadnt expected to see Hughes on the feet. Then GSP begins to crack up. He wont do a rematch with Hughes because he says he hasnt enough time to prepare, he wont fight Serra, coz he hurts himself again. The media blow him up to be fantastic and Classy...but he knows the victory was...not as good as it could have been.

Finally, he gets taken out by Serra at his most mentally weak.

GSP had turned out to be a magnificent dissapointment, because I believe he rushed to the top way before he was ready.

He remateched Hughes and third time and won, on the ground, which at least finally meant he had truely, once, beaten Hughes in his mind. Thats why he wouldnt be able to beat Matt Hughes now. He is no longer afraid of Matt Hughes and that will be his downfall if they ever meet again. GSPs weakness is his mental health.

Then he beats Serra. But I've abandoned him for Fitch, who he battles, but cant finish. I dont know why. Then he matches up with Penn and is caught cheating. He had a lot to loose, Penn had nothing. When the pressure is at its maximum he cuts corners. He did it before fighting Hughes 2, he did it again with Penn. People say he didnt cheat, because he cant help getting hurt, and he cant help not having the time to prepare, and he cant help smearing grease all over himself, its not strictly against the law, and he has a lot to lose.

Tallented? Yes...but not as Tallented as Hughes...do I hate GSP? NO...I'm just so increadibly dissapointed in his behaviour ever sinse the outcome of Penn1

That is something that I have said a gazzillion times on this forum, its a far cry from being a hater..a dejected fan is more accurate.

So wait your saying that GSP's first victory over Matt didn't matter because he chose to stand with him?

That doesn't make sense?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
So wait your saying that GSP's first victory over Matt didn't matter because he chose to stand with him?

That doesn't make sense?
No. I'm saying that I think Georges knew he couldnt beat Matt on the Ground. I think that he knew if they ever faced in a rematch, Matt probably wouldnt do the stand-up so completely again.

That win, should have removed the fear of fighting Hughes...but actually it intensified it, because GSP had not beaten Hughes on the ground, where Hughes was strong.

Now, when GSP finished Matt on the ground in the third match, then, you see he could say that he could beat Hughes, in matts area of strength...he no longer fears Hughes...he would probably do a rematch at short notice now, because he believes he can always win now, as he has done.

Thinking like that will get him killed if it ever comes to pass.

Try not to act like this is the first time you've ever heard me say this Crisco...I've said it before
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.