Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 07-14-2009, 01:20 AM
mscomc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I cant believe you just aggreed with that other bloke that I'm a hater.

I'm not a Hater

I just pointed out that GSP had been known to cheat. which is Truth. I also pointed out that GSP, skilled though he is, hasnt got as much skill as Matt Hughes.

I might expect someone who doesnt post here a lot to call me a hater without knowing me. But for you to aggree with him because of the above...which I assume is why you highlighted what he said and put "hit the nail on the head" shows some nerve.

What part dont you aggree with me on Crisco? That GSP has cheated before...or that Matt Hughes isnt skilled enough to beat him??

that hurt I thought you were a friend, who knew me better then to say something mean like that
With all respect intended dave:

I dont beleive GSP has been known to cheat, per say. The only person who has really said anything is BJ penn, and even after his complaint...has GSP been found guilty of cheating? has he been fined? have any of the mentioned the fight been ruled a NC? has he been suspended? Not to my knowledge. In my oppinion, he didnt break a rule outlined by the sanctioning body. I think it may be fair to say that ethically he may have done something wrong, but I dont think the word cheat is correct. I think to cheat means you have broken a rule, as it stands (and their may be holes in the system that checks into these things) he hasnt.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 AM
maxumII
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I cant believe you just aggreed with that other bloke that I'm a hater.

I'm not a Hater

I just pointed out that GSP had been known to cheat. which is Truth. I also pointed out that GSP, skilled though he is, hasnt got as much skill as Matt Hughes.

I might expect someone who doesnt post here a lot to call me a hater without knowing me. But for you to aggree with him because of the above...which I assume is why you highlighted what he said and put "hit the nail on the head" shows some nerve.

What part dont you aggree with me on Crisco? That GSP has cheated before...or that Matt Hughes isnt skilled enough to beat him??

that hurt I thought you were a friend, who knew me better then to say something mean like that
What does Matt have to do with what you quoted above? Why the need to compare the two? And since you did, and this is in no way meant as disrespectful towards Matt, but he was dominated by GSP in the last 2 fights. Lost to TA, who was dominated by GSP, couldn't finish Serra, who was finished by GSP.

GSP was able to take Matt down at will and out wrestled him which NOBODY has ever been able to do and to say that they arn't at least equally skilled is hating. We have seen the 2 in a stand up fight as well as a ground fight and the outcome was the same.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 07-14-2009, 01:40 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
How much of those are attributed to cheating by using grease??

There is a BIG question mark over GSP...has he cheated, is that why he has won? did he cheat against Penn? what about when he beat Hughes...did he cheat then?? Did he cheat last night against Thiago Alves??

Dominance requires finishing your opponents...He didnt finish Fitch, He didnt finish Alves, He might not have finished Penn without the obvious cheating...

He's tarnished himself. That is his fatal error...now he will always live under the stigma. He might have only cheated once...or he might have been cheating for years...we dont know...because we dont know, how do we count any of his Wins as dominance...whether he finishes or not!!

You wouldnt find a classy individual cheating.

I think to say that GSP was boring last night is a little unfair. Boring is what Anderson Silva and Kalib Starnes do. That match wasnt boring. It could have been made more interesting...but I think that GSP had a reasonably decent ballence between stand-up and ground fighting... See I give credit where credit is due

I dont have an issue with GSP@100...except for asking...did he cheat? to which the answer is, we will never know

Dave you should really step back and read what you have written before you post,( and yes you are right i should step back and read what i have written before i post as well but we both know i'm not smart enough to do that but you certainly are Dave. )
i know you think GSP cheated every time he has gotten into the ring because thats the only way you can justify the wins he has over everybody who is anybody in the UFC but it really is starting to look like your just a hater but i cant say that for sure because i dont have any real PROOF ! ! !

do you see what i'm trying to say here Dave ?

Last edited by bradwright; 07-14-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I cant believe you just aggreed with that other bloke that I'm a hater.

I'm not a Hater

I just pointed out that GSP had been known to cheat. which is Truth. I also pointed out that GSP, skilled though he is, hasnt got as much skill as Matt Hughes.

I might expect someone who doesnt post here a lot to call me a hater without knowing me. But for you to aggree with him because of the above...which I assume is why you highlighted what he said and put "hit the nail on the head" shows some nerve.

What part dont you aggree with me on Crisco? That GSP has cheated before...or that Matt Hughes isnt skilled enough to beat him??

that hurt I thought you were a friend, who knew me better then to say something mean like that
yet u dont think sherk cheated even though he was actualy stripped of his title...

face it dave your a hater and inconsistent with your reasoning and just make yourself look dumb with it...
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 07-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

I can't believe this thread exists on this website
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-14-2009, 03:49 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Exactly!! For him being the great GSP he should have submitted him early in the fight.. But as usual GSP fans gotta bow down to the greaser who looked gassed early....
well of course youre gonna agree with anyone who speaks negatively about him and being able to go five rounds after injuring his groin in the 3rd speaks for itself. you say that he looked gassed but there is no logic in that because he in fact did not gas.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Good points.

Is it a more convincing title win if you where being beat down for 4 rounds and then managed to flash knockout your opponent? It suddenly menas your better because you finished him? No I don't think so.

I think putting on a clinic and systematically destroying and picking apart your opponent is much more solidifying.
i agree completely.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-14-2009, 05:05 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
With all respect intended dave:

I dont beleive GSP has been known to cheat, per say. The only person who has really said anything is BJ penn, and even after his complaint...has GSP been found guilty of cheating? has he been fined? have any of the mentioned the fight been ruled a NC? has he been suspended? Not to my knowledge. In my oppinion, he didnt break a rule outlined by the sanctioning body. I think it may be fair to say that ethically he may have done something wrong, but I dont think the word cheat is correct. I think to cheat means you have broken a rule, as it stands (and their may be holes in the system that checks into these things) he hasnt.
Dana white and Keith Kizer both publically said that it was an outrage and it was in fact cheating.

The details of the rules were sketchy, and they chose not to turn the fight over,
but they immediately changed the rules about who applys what.

He cheated, even if it was through a loophole, they knew what they were doing would give them an edge, and WAYYY too many fighters have said GSP was slick to think it was only that fight.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-14-2009, 05:34 AM
AMJ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Dana white and Keith Kizer both publically said that it was an outrage and it was in fact cheating.

The details of the rules were sketchy, and they chose not to turn the fight over,
but they immediately changed the rules about who applys what.

He cheated, even if it was through a loophole, they knew what they were doing would give them an edge, and WAYYY too many fighters have said GSP was slick to think it was only that fight.
Everything you have said is pure speculation, no concrete evidence exists that GSP cheated in any of his previous fights. This could have been a single occurance. There just isn't any proof, and you can't base an entire arguement on hearsay. I could make the arguement that Sean Sherk has no credibility because he was caught cycling steroids, what assures his legitimacy in this matter? How can you be so sure that Jason Miller doesn't have any ulterior motives by supporting these allegations? It's a win-win for him, he can create doubt and doesn't have to back any of it up.

The only fighter with clout and credibility that came forward was Matt Hughes, and he said that he doesn't know for sure. All he said was GSP felt slippery, that doesn't automatically mean he cheated. Matt also went on to say that it wouldn't have changed the outcome of his fight. I really don't think this will affect GSP's place in the mma history books at all, and I think people need to start coming to grips that its sort of weak. (I'm not saying its 100% completey false, i'm just saying there is a serious lack of evidence)

Finally, the comparisons between GSP and Matt need to end. At the end of the day, Matt Hughes is a legend and has cemented his legacy as one of the best MMA champions ever. GSP is potentially on his way, but still has quite a way to go. You don't just get the type of credentials Matt Hughes has in a few years, you got to earn your stripes.

amj

Last edited by AMJ; 07-14-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
With all respect intended dave:

I dont beleive GSP has been known to cheat, per say. The only person who has really said anything is BJ penn, and even after his complaint...has GSP been found guilty of cheating? has he been fined? have any of the mentioned the fight been ruled a NC? has he been suspended? Not to my knowledge. In my oppinion, he didnt break a rule outlined by the sanctioning body. I think it may be fair to say that ethically he may have done something wrong, but I dont think the word cheat is correct. I think to cheat means you have broken a rule, as it stands (and their may be holes in the system that checks into these things) he hasnt.
I think that whether there is a rule or not, when its a competition like that, GSP is seasoned enough to know that you cant use grease like we saw his corner do...if the UFC aggreed with you then they wouldnt have made different restrictions following the bout...sure they havent punished him, and probably for the reasons you put...but that makes his worse in my mind...because he was sneaky about his cheating so that even if caught he couldnt get punished.

Does he do it any more. I doubt it...but who knows.

Did he do it before...probably did, and he would claim there was no rule against it...but we all know that a classy individual wouldnt be trying to find loop holes in the rules to get an unfair advantage.

Did it have any impact verses Penn? I've heard arguments for and against. But the point is Regardless of whether it was effective. He shouldnt have been doing it in the first place.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.