Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-13-2009, 09:17 PM
TDPARKASH

Thanks. Is baby oil, lotion against the rules???????? (just not sure)

I personally can't make the assumption he did, becaue there is no evidence. people can be entitled to their own opinion's though, and i respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
baby oil bath, lotion like someone else said or he could have done what he did in the fight with BJ. The guy who is rubbing him down puts vaseline in his palm before he walks into the octagon and then rubs GSP down. (this is not what happened in the BJ fight, I am just giving an example of what could be done)
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH
Thanks. Is baby oil, lotion against the rules???????? (just not sure)

I personally can't make the assumption he did, becaue there is no evidence. people can be entitled to their own opinion's though, and i respect that.
It's against the rules to apply any lubricating substances to ones body.

I wonder if you could pour your own sweat onto your body lol. Just for comedy sake like a bottle of your sweat instead of water poured on your body.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:41 PM
TDPARKASH

The NSAC doesn't check for that before fighter's enter the octogan? If not, they have a big big hole in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
It's against the rules to apply any lubricating substances to ones body.

I wonder if you could pour your own sweat onto your body lol. Just for comedy sake like a bottle of your sweat instead of water poured on your body.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Crisco

Quote:
The NSAC doesn't check for that before fighter's enter the octogan? If not, they have a big big hole in the system.
Yea they do but there are mutliple techniques to have it not be detectable.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Yea they do but there are mutliple techniques to have it not be detectable.

Also if it is discreetly done like at GSP vs Penn 2 it is not always caught right away.

I personally feel in the GSP V Penn fight the vaseline had very little impact on the fight and the application could very well have been accidental. I'm in agreement with Bas Rutten on the matter.

Anyone who thinks GSP will not be as good without it is either blind or knows jack **** about fighting. He proved itagainst Alves. He murdered the argueable #2 in the division even after the ass whooping he just got is probably considered the second most dangerous guy in the division.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 PM
pistol-pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
My general point is. The greatest thing that takes away from any of his accomplishments, and any of his dominance, is the fact that he has been shown to use excessive grease during the Penn match, and now we dont know who else has possibly been beaten because of a cheat.

With that bell tied around his neck its rather hard for me put him on a par, or even compare him to Hughes. What are we to say? "Congratulations to the person who equaled the level of Hughes, but did so, possibly (with significant arguments for) by cheating. What an achievement. What superior Dominance" Call me old school, but I would celebrate more, the man I knew could equal Hughes, undeniably without cheating. Perhaps thats rather a nieve thing to hope for...perhaps even with grease one still has to put the effort in to win...you know...you could eqaully say "well if GSP greased every single time...didnt do him much good against Matt Serra first time did it!"

I know that Matt Hughes is a lot to live up to. I recognise that the Standards I set are exceptionally High...I do, really, I do. But... should we not all strive to show the sort of professional characteristics that Hughes shows? At its basis, Hughes does it because he's a Christian. Those who do exceptionally well with bearing witness, deserve to be rewarded. They deserve to be shown as a good example of what it takes.

If I werent an Anglican I would suggested Cannonization. "Saint Hughes of Hillsboro"...since "Our Lady of Hillsboro" would sound so....wrong

I guess I don't hold professional athletes to this standard. Matt Hughes is a wonderful example of someone who goes by the book. I unfortunately have never read his autobiography, but I am sure he has his regrets about his actions at one time or another, just like we all do. We are human, none of us are perfect.

Just so the record shows, I was in no way comparing GSP to Hughes anywhere in this thread.

Again complain about the greasing all you want, but I don't think it was something we can base the rest of his career on, and if you do well then I think you just might be a hater.

Last edited by pistol-pete; 07-13-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete
I guess I don't hold professional athletes to this standard. Matt Hughes is a wonderful example of someone you goes by the book. I unfortunately have never read his autobiography, but I am sure he has his regrets about his actions, just like we all do. We are human, none of us are perfect.

Just so the record shows, I was in no way comparing GSP to Hughes anywhere in this thread.

Again complain about the greasing all you want, but I don't think it was something we can base the rest of his career on, and if you do well then I think you just might be a hater.
You just hit the nail on the head.

If you deny GSP's talent you have to be a hater. You don't have to like the guy but atleast give him his due for his skill.

I don't like Lesnar but I give it to him for his skill.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Good points.

Is it a more convincing title win if you where being beat down for 4 rounds and then managed to flash knockout your opponent? It suddenly menas your better because you finished him? No I don't think so.

I think putting on a clinic and systematically destroying and picking apart your opponent is much more solidifying.
Very well said....
Old 07-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
The fact is people did not like seeing GSP take Alves down and then do nothing with the TD's for 25 min.
Do nothing???? Wow.. If I wasn't so lazy I'd find you a picture of Alves post fight..... did you see how he looked after 25 minutes of GSP doing nothing??
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
You just hit the nail on the head.

If you deny GSP's talent you have to be a hater. You don't have to like the guy but atleast give him his due for his skill.

I don't like Lesnar but I give it to him for his skill.
I cant believe you just aggreed with that other bloke that I'm a hater.

I'm not a Hater

I just pointed out that GSP had been known to cheat. which is Truth. I also pointed out that GSP, skilled though he is, hasnt got as much skill as Matt Hughes.

I might expect someone who doesnt post here a lot to call me a hater without knowing me. But for you to aggree with him because of the above...which I assume is why you highlighted what he said and put "hit the nail on the head" shows some nerve.

What part dont you aggree with me on Crisco? That GSP has cheated before...or that Matt Hughes isnt skilled enough to beat him??

that hurt I thought you were a friend, who knew me better then to say something mean like that