Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Liddellfan

Lost the little respect I had for Brock after that fight. Disrespecting fighters after the fight is over, trashing UFC sponsors, making sexually explicit comments about what he is going to do to his wife. It's a sad time for the UFC, it's even worse that he will probably have the title for a long time, seeing that nobody can match his strength or size, once he lay's on top of somebody it's all over. Dana needs to talk with him and make sure he knows that this is a real sport, NOT "sports entertainment" like the WWE, it seems like he still has the "cause a scene" attitude from his past character OR he is just a total bonehead...Brock is bad for the UFC and all of MMA...And no I am not a Frank Mir fan.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:28 PM
logrus

I think Brock is great for the UFC, who does the UFC have right now that is playing the villain role. It just seems like most of the fighters are seeking the fame and approval of fans, where Brock just wants to go and compete.

Like it has been said, love the man or hate him its a guarantee your going to tune in next time to pray he wins or gets a reality check.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:35 PM
atomdanger

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/12/brock...ference-video/

I like this
Old 07-12-2009, 07:51 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan
making sexually explicit comments about what he is going to do to his wife.
All he said was that he "might get on top of his wife". That is hardly explicit, and she did not seem to care since she was smiling and laughing only seconds after he said it.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
All he said was that he "might get on top of his wife". That is hardly explicit, and she did not seem to care since she was smiling and laughing only seconds after he said it.
That's just my opinion you don't have to agree with it. He just seems like he has no class to me that's all...Maybe I am just used to Champions like Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell who are respectful, humble guys that appreciate the fans and sponsors that pay them.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Primadawn

While I am not personally offended by anything BL did, it just makes him look like an ignorant meathead.

I'm guessing that when he decided to enter the UFC, he didn't intend to become the next Tito...
Old 07-12-2009, 09:28 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
While I am not personally offended by anything BL did, it just makes him look like an ignorant meathead.

I'm guessing that when he decided to enter the UFC, he didn't intend to become the next Tito...
With Brock though what you see is what you get, hes not like other fighters who are going to sugar coat everything, or say one thing one time and something different another time.

They can't all be like Matt, respectful, honest and articulate with their words.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:33 PM
MMeh

Brock acted like a moron, but to a large extent Dana brought this on himself. He billed the out of control, HW wrecking machine and virtually ignored the WW fight between two top fighters who also respected each other and the sport. Any of the top guys at 170 (Hughes, GSP, Fitch, etc) would be a much better ambassador for MMA than Brock, but Dana chose to pitch the HW fight in that light. HWs will always get the top bill in combat sports (boxing, MMA), but it's kind of a Frankenstein deal for Dana - you hyped the monster, you built the monster, don't acted shocked when the situation isn't always manageable.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
They can't all be like Matt, respectful, honest and articulate with their words.
They should all be.

Professional...Champions.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:26 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
They should all be.

Professional...Champions.
Well Matt and Jens were partners and best buds and we all saw how Jens turned out. Bad mouthing, flicking people off, taunting downed fighters.