Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-12-2009, 05:53 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Brock turned heel and I think it's great.

The only thing that sucks is that they missed their chance to have the Undertaker come up from under the cage and smack Brock with a chair. Or they should have had Hogan come down and win the title in 30 seconds like he did at Wrestlemania 9.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:08 PM

So, what, if Dana hadn't gone and "talked" with Brock after the fight, would we have heard that apology.

I went and watched the post-press conference. He needs to stop making excuses (e.g. adrenalin, he hates to lose, wwe, and so on...) for his inexcusable behavior and grow up. He had a lot to say in the cage after the fight. He was even kind enough to "sign" for any deaf people attending. His apology seemed a might "fast" about-faced.

Let's see if it holds true.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Brock turned heel and I think it's great.

The only thing that sucks is that they missed their chance to have the Undertaker come up from under the cage and smack Brock with a chair. Or they should have had Hogan come down and win the title in 30 seconds like he did at Wrestlemania 9.
This isnt Professional Wrestling!!!

But you've hit the nail on the head...and I forewarned everyone about this...and noone listened...and now you're all sorry

I'm feeling so.....up-myself today
Old 07-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

But you've hit the nail on the head...and I forewarned everyone about this...and noone listened...and now you're all sorry

I'm not sorry, I think he will be a great champ.

What is so bad about what he did. He flipped off Mir and told the fans to f__k off.....oh wait that is what Jens did after the Cub fight. Brock told Mir to f__k off and flipped off the fans.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:05 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

Obviously I was joking, but of course there were some shades of Pro Wrestling just because of the character that Lesnar is. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. Actually this is the most entertained I have been in a long time.

We had a discussion about MMA being a "business" and "entertainment" as well as a sport right after the Anderson Silva debacle a few months ago. I think that what Brock did was smart for HIS career. He is a polarizing figure that makes people interested, and as long as he fighting, people will tune in.

The trash talk, the middle finger, none of that bothers me. What I did think was great was how Lesnar called out Bud Light. Clearly it was not the beer he cared about, and that was more of a shot at the UFC than anything. Lesnar wants more money, and as long as he is the big ticket, he will get it. Maybe more top fighters will start to follow suit and counter-act a lot of these strong-arm tactics by the UFC. It does not do much to help the lesser known fighters, but they also are not the ones selling tickets and PPVs.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max

What is so bad about what he did. He flipped off Mir and told the fans to f__k off.....oh wait that is what Jens did after the Cub fight. Brock told Mir to f__k off and flipped off the fans.
that wasnt Jens...and he was not talking to the fans, or to Cub...we've been through this before.

...as for you being sorry
Old 07-12-2009, 07:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max

umm, he was shoving the ring attendants off him (or whatever those guys in red are called) and he dissed a UFC sponsor .... it was enough for dana to kick his ass into apologizing and saying he was only going to drink bud light all nite ... so if dana thought he did something wrong enough to tell him to smarten up and apologize, then brock did enough to piss off ufc brass ...
Old 07-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Max

Quote:
that wasnt Jens...and he was not talking to the fans, or to Cub...we've been through this before.

...as for you being sorry
that was not Brock then, it was Brick his alter ego. And Brick was not saying f__k you to Mir or flipping off the fans he was saying f__k you and flipping off the part of him that did not think he could beat Mir......yea thats it..... oh and also the Holocaust was fake and Obama is the Messiah
Old 07-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
umm, he was shoving the ring attendants off him (or whatever those guys in red are called) and he dissed a UFC sponsor .... it was enough for dana to kick his ass into apologizing and saying he was only going to drink bud light all nite ... so if dana thought he did something wrong enough to tell him to smarten up and apologize, then brock did enough to piss off ufc brass ...
what pissed the UFC off was the comment about bud light, nothing else. Im sure the UFC reminded him that bud light pays the UFC and the UFC pays Brock so Bud Light does in fact pay Brock.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:19 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
what pissed the UFC off was the comment about bud light, nothing else. Im sure the UFC reminded him that bud light pays the UFC and the UFC pays Brock so Bud Light does in fact pay Brock.
i don't think they cared that he went up to mir, said he was gonna lay on his wife, but i think the bud light and the way he shoved the boys in red ... that was not needed ....