Originally Posted by Mac
qft
+1
Old 07-12-2009, 01:33 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
from sherdog ... dana was maaad

The 32-year-old Lesnar claimed he was headed out to drink a Coors Light because Bud Light would not pay him any money. One of the UFC’s highest-paid fighters, he made $450,000 in disclosed pay for his TKO victory against hall of famer Randy Couture at UFC 91 in November.

“I was blown away,” White said. “I don’t think in the history of the UFC we’ve had anybody do that. It’s not who we are, and, to be honest, it’s not who he is. You hang with these guys personally, and you get to know them. If he was a dick, I’d tell you right now this guy is a psycho and I don’t know what I’m going to do with him. He’s not. He’s a smart guy. The sponsorship thing was the craziest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.”

Lesnar’s antics drudged up memories of his days as a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar, when showboating and pushing the envelope of taste were encouraged and profitable. White claimed he confronted the apologetic champion in his dressing room after he left the Octagon.

“Brock went so far over the top, I can’t even put it into words,” White said. “WWE -- that’s what it is. We had a talk. We talked like men, and he said he was sorry. He said, ‘I’m embarrassed by what I said.’ I take his word for it this time.”
So what penance will he do to prove it? Lesnar is a father now, and how will he explain this to his kid because you know someone will bring it up to the kid? I am sure the thought has already occurred to him. For the married guys out there, how do you think his wife feels? How do you think she is going to make him feel? Ooooh! <shudder>

He lost it. Now he has to live with it.

What I would like to see is this: Brock locked in a room with Randy, Matt, Rich, GSP, and Rampage.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:50 PM

Personally I'm here because I like MMA. I love watching the fights. The fighters are not my friends. (Though if I met some I could become friends.) I watch them to see them fight, not see how polite they are. I like good fighters. Do I respect fighters that are class acts like Hughes? Yes. Do I hate fighters because they are disrespectful? No. I watch for the fights.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:39 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47
So what penance will he do to prove it? Lesnar is a father now, and how will he explain this to his kid because you know someone will bring it up to the kid? I am sure the thought has already occurred to him. For the married guys out there, how do you think his wife feels? How do you think she is going to make him feel? Ooooh! <shudder>

Actually, after he said that she started laughing and clapping, like she was pretty excited about the prospect, so I don't know...

But really, its not like Brock head kicked a old lady. He freaked out, thats it. It is still pretty amazing how nuts he got but looking back on some of the things Mir said, seriously, I can imagine coming into this he had been pushed over the edge.

I just don't see how you can say some of the things Frank said and expect any less out of a person like Brock, honestly.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:24 PM
atomdanger

I live in a world where not everybody is a classy nice guy, so I don't mind Brock.

As far as we know, he isn't using drugs.
(One of the things I lose respect for a fighter over)

Even though he is an ass he is nowhere near as bad as a guy like Tito,
who made references to homosexuality and other things that aren't appropriate.
Brock gave a finger and shrugged off getting booed, I don't see the big deal.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
"I walk out to NAS because it makes me so happy to see people hate me. That to me, is the truest from of success, when people dislike you, the people who hate me motivate me"--Frank MIr
This is a quote from Mir from the UFC mag, it doesn't sound like Mir is all that different, he just trashed talked a different way. He must think Brock is really successful. Personally, I'd rather root for a class guy than a guy who seems to have no respect for the sport, but people love a bad guy and as was stated before, I'm sure Dana will keep him in line with the sponsors, but the dude is going to sell tickets because people are going to want to see him lose.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
This is a quote from Mir from the UFC mag, it doesn't sound like Mir is all that different, he just trashed talked a different way. He must think Brock is really successful. Personally, I'd rather root for a class guy than a guy who seems to have no respect for the sport, but people love a bad guy and as was stated before, I'm sure Dana will keep him in line with the sponsors, but the dude is going to sell tickets because people are going to want to see him lose.
Yeah just to clarify Mir is every bit the moron that Lesnar is. My dislike of Lesnar's actions are in no way motivated by a like for Mir. I couldn't even decide who to root for.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Let him fight someone he's never faced before...and preferably not someone the ancient of days neither

I dont want either Him nor Mir holding the belt...so bring on the next contest and lets see an end to this wwe-esque pharse
Old 07-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Rev

I hope the UFC and Brock do some quick damage control. Even Brock said that he didnt act like a champion or a professional. I dont think Tito ever got as bad as last night. I am glad that Dana was man enough to do something about it.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Brock got chewed out afterwards because at the post fight presser he was sitting there with a budlight in front of him and apologizing for everything he did.
That may have made me dislike him less, but really what does it matter. he doesn't give two craps about the fans anyways.

[