Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
whatever ... i fmatt had smashed the piss out of serra for three straight rounds and there was no doubt that he had won, the same people who called GSP's fight boring would be saying "what a great fight" ... just admit you are a hater and your butt is still hurt from when GSP made your BJ quit in his corner ...
You just need to face the fact that the GSP vs Alves fight was not that good. If fighters I like fight borign fights I will say something. I thought Matt's fight with Lytle was boring but I was happy Matt won.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:41 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
You just need to face the fact that the GSP vs Alves fight was not that good. If fighters I like fight borign fights I will say something. I thought Matt's fight with Lytle was boring but I was happy Matt won.
no, but people are making it to be like he just avoided alves' shots and got him down and that is it .. he scored when he was down, the fight from what i can remember was never stood up due to inactivity, he never showboated like anderson in his last couple fights .. he stood with alves, landed some shots, GnP'd him and gave him a thorough beating .... if anyone says he lay'd and prayed, they are straight haters ..
Old 07-13-2009, 12:20 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
no the fight became boring once it was clear that GSP was not gonna finish Alves. I knew half way through the first round that Alves' only shot was to land a KO punch. I was still interested until it became clear he was not gonna finish Alves unless Alves just gave up (after the 2nd round). It was like watching one of Sherks fights. Except Sherk switches positions more than GSP did.
Alves had nothing for Gsp that whole fight. Whatever Alves game plan was it was not to fight a Gsp fight. Gsp kept Alves at a distance, and when he wanted to he let Alves get close enough for a take down, on the ground it seemed more like Gsp was going to give a pop shot here or there just to keep Alves thinking otherwise he just smothered to keep him from using a power move to reverse or escape.

Like you said pretty much that whole fight was just a rinse and repeat, and after the first 2 minutes you knew what the pattern was.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:14 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
That fight just brought MMA back into balance for me. Bisbing needs to lose to Henderson for MMA to survive.
haha, amen to that
Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
you're not getting the point ... you wanted alves to win and it was apparent that he was out of it early .... Wandy could have landed a KO and Shogun a sub in those fights .. that's why you enjoyed them .... it was apparent that GSP is miles above alves, you knew he had zero chance, that is why you lost interest ...
Not at all, I like to watch fights that could end, yes.
But by either person, not just my guy.

I lost interest because I knew neither fighter had a chance to finish and it was a dec win for GSP.
It was obvious to me about the 3rd round.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:33 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
whatever ... i fmatt had smashed the piss out of serra for three straight rounds and there was no doubt that he had won, the same people who called GSP's fight boring would be saying "what a great fight" ... just admit you are a hater and your butt is still hurt from when GSP made your BJ quit in his corner ...
You can't compare the two, different fighters have different styles.
Matt and GSP are not the same guy
Old 07-13-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
no the fight became boring once it was clear that GSP was not gonna finish Alves. I knew half way through the first round that Alves' only shot was to land a KO punch. I was still interested until it became clear he was not gonna finish Alves unless Alves just gave up (after the 2nd round). It was like watching one of Sherks fights. Except Sherk switches positions more than GSP did.
Serioiusly your such a Gsp hater it makes me sick..... It was apparent that G
SP was gonna finish him eventually the whole fight... Everyone i was with expected alves to tire out and get finished in the 4th round or so ala the serra and bj fights.... i was surprised thiago made it to the finish

Ive never seen a guy completely dominate the second best guy in the division and get hated on so much.... Well thats haters for you

ps you picked alves to win this fight
Old 07-13-2009, 03:00 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
Serioiusly your such a Gsp hater it makes me sick..... It was apparent that G
SP was gonna finish him eventually the whole fight... Everyone i was with expected alves to tire out and get finished in the 4th round or so ala the serra and bj fights.... i was surprised thiago made it to the finish

Ive never seen a guy completely dominate the second best guy in the division and get hated on so much.... Well thats haters for you

ps you picked alves to win this fight

Who thought it would finish in the 4th?
Almost no fights have finished in the 4th, and only 1 has finished in the 5th. (Serra, but not BJ, BJ made it out of the 4th, and realistically could have made a decision had his brother not thrown in the towel)

He out wrestled him, yes. But he never had him in trouble and almost finished, thats why he is getting crap.
Nobody is doubting GSP is a super talented guy, but people like to see fights end.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Who thought it would finish in the 4th?
Almost no fights have finished in the 4th, and only 1 has finished in the 5th. (Serra, but not BJ, BJ made it out of the 4th, and realistically could have made a decision had his brother not thrown in the towel)

He out wrestled him, yes. But he never had him in trouble and almost finished, thats why he is getting crap.
Nobody is doubting GSP is a super talented guy, but people like to see fights end.
what happen to Alves stopping GSP's takdowns like you thought atom?.... GSP proved you wrong again and you still always find a way to discredit him..... Definition of a hater.... GSP is a couture type of fighter he wears guys down...People love Randy here though.. weird huh???
Old 07-13-2009, 03:27 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
what happen to Alves stopping GSP's takdowns like you thought atom?.... GSP proved you wrong again and you still always find a way to discredit him..... Definition of a hater
I haven't claimed to have not been wrong,
and have even complimented GSP several times on this forum.
He is a very talented guy.
He is a great mma wrestler, I just do not find him entertaining.

That isn't discrediting him.
I cannot help what I find entertaining and what I do not.