Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-10-2009, 09:10 PM

He can't stand the spotlight of being required to actually win a real fight.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 PM
clm12704

If his goal is to be the bad guy and be disliked, then congratulations. I honestly believe that's who he is. Dude has been a giant bully his entire life, and that's just his nature.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:28 PM
matthughesfan21

this fights tougher to root for, brock has been acting like a jerk, but i think some of this is staged...Frank comes off as a douche to me, so im still rooting for brock simply because i think he can put on some more exciting fights as champ, and i have never liked mir
Old 07-10-2009, 09:30 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Wow GSP comes across as pure class.
only because cameras were there
Old 07-10-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Brock did play a heel in the WWE, it draws attention, ask Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
only because cameras were there
The only non classy thing I've seen GSP do was the cage walk in on Matt.

Since that day he has been slowly maturing and doing everything a champ should do.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Maldonado136

yeah he shouldnt leave but people are taking this way too seriously. people are acting like he committed murder or something "omg brock is such a piece of crap look what he tried to do!!!!" sorry if i sound like a jerk
Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Maldonado136

of course gsp is a classy guy thats pretty obvious. yeah he did the cage walk in on matts fight but he apologized right away so no big deal. i laugh at the people who act like gsp being nice is a bad thing. if someone is nice theyre being fake and if they arent nice then they are classless. you cant win.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:03 AM
jason2130

i think its mainly staged, he says all the time its about money and winning, the article says reportedly getting paid 3 million for this fight all he has to do is win and he's getting what he wants

reasons i think its staged though..
1. if he really wanted to leave, he would leave, and after dana told him to sit down the first time, if i understood it right he did it 2 more times, you dont try and leave then try 2 more times
2. dana white gets to play it up a lil with his head shakes and comments like " you dont want my job, telling 400 pound men to sit down" so dana gets a lil extra press
3. his fans are alot of WWE fans, they will love him more for this, and pay ppv to watch him win
4. MMA fans for the most part dont like him, and they didnt like him before he did this, and will buy ppv in hopes he loses

hes having fun, selling ppvs, getting paid, and fighting big fights on the biggest shows, id say he learned alot at the WWE on how to market himself
Old 07-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Chris F

All part of Dana's plans to boost buys. Brock is a showman and this was all a show. They pay him big bucks to entertain not to fight. If it was to fight they would have not brought him in so soon.