Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-11-2009, 12:13 AM

Default Lytle vs. Condit at UFC Fight Night 19

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15474/chri...ht-19-card.mma

Quote:
Veteran UFC welterweight Chris Lylte (27-17-5 MMA, 6-9 UFC) and former WEC welterweight champion Carlos Condit (22-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will meet at UFC Fight Night 19 in September.

The news was first reported by Ariel Helwani of MMA FanHouse, and a source close to one of the competitors today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that bout agreements have been finalized.

UFC Fight Night 19, a Spike TV-broadcast event that serves as the lead-in for the debut episode of "The Ultimate Fighter 10," takes place on Sept. 16 at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.
Quote:
Lytle, fresh off a "Fight of the Night" victory over Kevin Burns at The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale, has won two of his past three fights, the lone loss coming to Marcus Davis via split decision. Lytle continued his recent windfall by picking up his third straight "Fight of the Night" bonus and fourth overall. In fact, including fight-night bonuses for submissions and knockouts, he's won six bonuses in his past eight fights.

Condit, meanwhile, makes his second UFC appearance following a loss to Martin Kampmann during his octagon debut at UFC Fight Night 18. In the night's main event, Condit suffered a razor-thin split-decision loss. Condit, who moved to the UFC when the WEC eliminated its welterweight division, snapped an eight-fight winning streak with the loss.
This seems like a good fight. Lytle is the gatekeeper of the welterweight division. He can't seem to beat the top-tier fighters but he can take them to a decision. I think this will help sort out how good Condit is against UFC-level competition. I am sure Lytle will be gunning for another bonus so this should be a good one. I'll say Condit by an unanimous decision.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Condit subs him.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:32 AM
atomdanger

Who the heck is Hughes going to fight?
Old 07-11-2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Who the heck is Hughes going to fight?
I think he will fight Alves next. It makes the most sense. Plus, all the other welterweights are tied up with fights (except Fitch, who will also be fighting tomorrow).
Old 07-11-2009, 03:45 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Hughes gets winner of Koscheck/Trigg
Old 07-11-2009, 04:18 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Hughes gets winner of Koscheck/Trigg
ehh, I don't wanna see another Hughes/Trigg fight just now down with all trilogies stuff,but I see KOS winning this.
Not sure of all the fighters schedules,but there is always Dan Hardy, Marcus Davis,Hazelette,Brown,and Goulet amongst others.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Condit subs him.
I would be very surprised if Lytle is submitted. He has had 49 MMA fights and has never been submitted. Almost every loss has been a decision, except for a few TKOs by cuts. He has faced a lot of top fighters; however, I suppose there could always be a first time.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man
I would be very surprised if Lytle is submitted. He has had 49 MMA fights and has never been submitted. Almost every loss has been a decision, except for a few TKOs by cuts. He has faced a lot of top fighters; however, I suppose there could always be a first time.
Lytle's ground game is really strong. Lytle takes this one in my book.

[
Old 07-11-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
ehh, I don't wanna see another Hughes/Trigg fight just now down with all trilogies stuff,but I see KOS winning this.
Not sure of all the fighters schedules,but there is always Dan Hardy, Marcus Davis,Hazelette,Brown,and Goulet amongst others.
I would be very disappointed if he was matched up with any of these guys. With the exception of Davis, they are all too green.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Condit subs him.
realy Lytle has a BB