Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 07-09-2009, 08:23 PM
3dlee

Default congrats matt on top 100

hey matt, just wanted to say congradulations on having so many fights voted as top 100. im sure the trigg 2 fight will air tonight in top 10. I know last night i watched 2 of your fights back to back in top 100. anyone have a running tally of how many of his fights have been on their so far?

and how awesome it is to see in commercials for UFC 100 (even though its in a loss) that the name Matt Hughes is not mentioned unless its followed by THE GREATEST WELTERWEIGHT OF ALL TIME.

WAR HUGHES!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 PM
rearnakedchoke

i think the trigg 1 fight was already aired .... trigg 2 will be in the top five, but since this was voted on by the fans, i think forrest/bonnar will be number 1
Old 07-10-2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee
hey matt, just wanted to say congradulations on having so many fights voted as top 100. im sure the trigg 2 fight will air tonight in top 10. I know last night i watched 2 of your fights back to back in top 100. anyone have a running tally of how many of his fights have been on their so far?

and how awesome it is to see in commercials for UFC 100 (even though its in a loss) that the name Matt Hughes is not mentioned unless its followed by THE GREATEST WELTERWEIGHT OF ALL TIME.

WAR HUGHES!!!
I've been watching too and tonight they showed all three of his GSP fights, Alves and Carlos Newton (I think his 2nd fight). I know they were showing the 2nd Newton fight the last couple of nights.

I know there are some great fights like Griffin/Bonnar 1 and some great knockouts, but I just don't see how Matt's fight with Trigg the 2nd time doesn't rate as #1. How many fighters could have taken a hit to the groin, then hits to the head/face, then an almost RNC and then get out of all that, turn and literally pick up your opponent (from that position), put him over your shoulder, take him across the octagon and finish him off with a RNC.

I mean, come on, that fight was amazing or rather Matt was amazing!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:03 AM
SPIRITWARRIORSTV.COM

I think Matt's had more top 100 fights then any other fighter so far. I agree that Griffin/Bonnar will probably be #1 since that's Dana's favorite fight, but I'm hoping Hughes/Trigg will be #2.

I also wonder if Hughes/Serra will make the list since it got fight of the night and they did have Evans/Machida from UFC 98 on the list.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Jeval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I've been watching too and tonight they showed all three of his GSP fights, Alves and Carlos Newton (I think his 2nd fight). I know they were showing the 2nd Newton fight the last couple of nights.

I know there are some great fights like Griffin/Bonnar 1 and some great knockouts, but I just don't see how Matt's fight with Trigg the 2nd time doesn't rate as #1. How many fighters could have taken a hit to the groin, then hits to the head/face, then an almost RNC and then get out of all that, turn and literally pick up your opponent (from that position), put him over your shoulder, take him across the octagon and finish him off with a RNC.

I mean, come on, that fight was amazing or rather Matt was amazing!
I can watch that fight over and over and I still get chills. I got chills just reading your post. It should be the #1 fight.