Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Country Breakfast

Default Nate Diaz vs Melvin Guillard Set For UFN 19

A lightweight bout between Nate Diaz and Melvin Guillard has been officially announced as the main event for UFC Fight Night 19.

The event is scheduled to take place on September 16 from Oklahoma City.

Also announced for the card is a lightweight showdown between Gray Maynard and Roger Huerta. The bout will mark the last in Huerta’s UFC contract as he expects to spend more time focusing on his career in show business.

Diaz will be looking to bounce back from his recent unanimous decision defeat at the hands of Joe Stevenson at The Ultimate Fighter Finale and a prior decision defeat to Clay Guida at UFC 94. Diaz could very well find himself in a must win situation in regards to remaining with the UFC on September.

While Diaz is coming back from two consecutive defeats in the octagon, Guillard will be looking to make it three straight in Oklahoma. His prior two appearances in the UFC saw him knocking off Dennis Siver and Gleison Tibau.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:35 AM

he'll submit Melvin in no time... at least they gave him an easy fight in order to keep him off a longer losing streak.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Hughes_GOAT

i think Melvin has a chance to KO him. he's got better hands, faster, stronger. no ground game though Nate has weak takedowns too, so he'll have to pull guard.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i think Melvin has a chance to KO him. he's got better hands, faster, stronger. no ground game though Nate has weak takedowns too, so he'll have to pull guard.
umm Melvin did go to states in wrestling he just sucks on his back
Old 07-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Straight Right

Weren't Rich Clementi's parting words to Melvin after their fight? "Go learn some Jiu-Jitsu."

If it goes to the ground Nate will make him tap in seconds. Melvin does have some fast hands and serious power.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Miss Foxy

I don't really like Nates fighting.. Hmm I just can't get into him..
Old 07-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
I don't really like Nates fighting.. Hmm I just can't get into him..
but... but... he's a diaz...
Old 07-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Krupp

Nate is the annoying Diaz; Nick's not only a better fighter, but a more enjoyable one to watch. If Nate can't get a submission locked in, he loses. He has no real striking, has no real power, has no real strength, no wrestling...I'm sorry man. If you like him that's fine, but really Nate reminds me of a possum because he plays dead and then goes for submissions and that's it. It's hard to feel bad for him when he loses.

Nick on the other hand has KO power, is a decent striker, excellent chin, way tougher than Nate, even better Jiu Jitsu, and I love the guy. If this was Nick fighting Melvin I'd root for him all the way.

With all of that said, I'm gonna call Melvin for the upset win. Nate won't take him down, and unless Melvin becomes dumb and tries to fight on the ground, Nate won't be getting a sub otherwise. Melvin wins by either KO or decision.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Crisco

I hate the Diaz. Both of them.

Melvin wins this by KO. Nate has never fougth anyone with his power.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Rev

I dont like either one of these guys, but I have met Melvin and he is a special kind of jerk. So, war Nate(the only time I have said that)