Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Play The Man's Avatar
Play The Man Play The Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,259
Default Taliban buying children for suicide bombers

As if you needed more evidence of how depraved our enemies are, along comes a story like this one. I don't know how much lower they can go, but I've been surprised before. I thought the Islamists had hit bottom when they strapped bombs to mentally retarded females but then there was the story of Islamists raping women and then convincing them that the only way to make up for the dishonor of the rape was to die as a suicide bomber. Why can't they fight like men on the battlefield instead of hiding behind women and children? Answer: They would die in a fight against real men.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...uicide-bomber/


Quote:
Pakistan's top Taliban leader, Baitullah Mehsud, is buying children as young as 7 to serve as suicide bombers in the growing spate of attacks against Pakistani, Afghan and U.S. targets, U.S. Defense Department and Pakistani officials say.

A Pakistani official, who spoke on the condition that he not be named because of the sensitive nature of the topic, said the going price for child bombers was $7,000 to $14,000 - huge sums in Pakistan, where per-capita income is about $2,600 a year.

"[Mehsud] has turned suicide bombing into a production output, not unlike [the way] Toyota outputs cars," a U.S. Defense Department official told reporters recently. He spoke on the condition that he not be named because of ongoing intelligence efforts to catch Mehsud, a prime target for a U.S. and Pakistani anti-Taliban campaign.
Quote:
Suicide bombings have become frequent in Pakistan in the past year, including high-profile attacks on hotels frequented by Westerners, as well as on Pakistani police and military installations. There has also been a spate of such attacks directed at U.S.-led forces in Afghanistan.

The U.S. official said the price depends on how quickly the bomber is needed and how close the child is expected to get to the target.

"[Mehsud] produces these suicide bombers, which are sold or bartered, which can be used by [Afghan Taliban leader Mullah] Omar's Taliban or ... other groups," the U.S. official said.

In some cases, he said, the children are kidnapped and then sold to Mehsud.

Using child suicide bombers "is the grim reality of the Taliban Frankenstein that now threatens to overwhelm the Pakistani state," said Bruce Riedel, a Brookings Institution scholar who chaired a review of Pakistan-Afghanistan strategy for President Obama.
__________________
"Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
--Hugh Latimer, October 16, 1555

Last edited by Play The Man; 07-03-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-2009, 01:13 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

That's no surprise.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Gosh I say someone just bomb Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. Nothing good will ever prevail outta those countries.. Sick mother effers... Sad thing is the families really believe the dead relatives whether its a child, man, or woman are heroes... Just sickening...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 AM
mscomc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man
As if you needed more evidence of how depraved our enemies are, along comes a story like this one. I don't know how much lower they can go, but I've been surprised before. I thought the Islamists had hit bottom when they strapped bombs to mentally retarded females but then there was the story of Islamists raping women and then convincing them that the only way to make up for the dishonor of the rape was to die as a suicide bomber. Why can't they fight like men on the battlefield instead of hiding behind women and children? Answer: They would die in a fight against real men.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...uicide-bomber/
With all respect intended:

Are their "enemies" fighting on the battelfield all the time? No, they are bombimg them with tanks, mortars, rockets, cannons and sometimes air assault from a mile away. This isnt like the colonial days where two sides meet at some open field an open fire on eachother and the stong ones are left standing. Im am by NO MEANS condoning this sickening thing that is to recruit children for suicide bombing...but perhaps thats their way of trying to level the playing field. The U.S is doing smart work by using all of their resources, but the taliban and tribal leaders dont have a large cache of military weapons or advance vehicles to fight so they use what they can. Again, I am not saying it is right.

The second part I bolded, I dont know if that is completely accurate either. I have a good friend who is pakistani and I met his uncle once who was a colonel in the pakistan military. He told me this story of one time he and some of his soldiers many years back saw a man who would belong to the tribes of northern pakistan and afganistan beating the crap out of his wife. All ten of the pakistan guys supposedly came and beat this guy with battons and stuff. Even after taking a beating like that, the guy got back up and tried chasing them with a knife. They had to shoot him multiple times before he actually dropped. So what I am saying is, the enemies in these areas may not be physically large or strong, but their will to fight to the end is strong. I think if you were to put them one on one with someone as it appears you are suggesting, they would do a lot better you think.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2009, 01:57 AM
mscomc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Gosh I say someone just bomb Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. Nothing good will ever prevail outta those countries.. Sick mother effers... Sad thing is the families really believe the dead relatives whether its a child, man, or woman are heroes... Just sickening...
Well, I can hear what your saying. But look at this way.

When a U.S soldier dies, I imagine you are sad for him/her and their family? Why? because you support the troops, and you beleibve in what they are doing, and that is very noble and good. Would you not call them HEROES for fighting the enemy? Of course you would..who wouldnt?

Now lets flip it around. You have these people in afghanistan and pakistan, and they percevie the U.S and probably other nations as the enemy. In their eyes, allied troops are their to kill them, possibly rape their women (thing like this have happened, albeit on a small scale) etc etc. Now suppose you are a young pakistani girl/boy or whatever....you have no real means to fight these people. You probably dont have guns, or ammo, or other weapons of war. So you sacrifice yourself to "fight" your "enemy", and the result may be that you die but you kill 4-5 "enemies". So why wouldnt you be seen as a hero to your own people. what is sickening about that? isnt it good that they at least honour someone who they beleive has fallen to protect them?

Now, obviously, sitting back from a distance, we can use our on judgement and intelligence to see who is wrong and who is right.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
Well, I can hear what your saying. But look at this way.

When a U.S soldier dies, I imagine you are sad for him/her and their family? Why? because you support the troops, and you beleibve in what they are doing, and that is very noble and good. Would you not call them HEROES for fighting the enemy? Of course you would..who wouldnt?

Now lets flip it around. You have these people in afghanistan and pakistan, and they percevie the U.S and probably other nations as the enemy. In their eyes, allied troops are their to kill them, possibly rape their women (thing like this have happened, albeit on a small scale) etc etc. Now suppose you are a young pakistani girl/boy or whatever....you have no real means to fight these people. You probably dont have guns, or ammo, or other weapons of war. So you sacrifice yourself to "fight" your "enemy", and the result may be that you die but you kill 4-5 "enemies". So why wouldnt you be seen as a hero to your own people. what is sickening about that? isnt it good that they at least honour someone who they beleive has fallen to protect them?

Now, obviously, sitting back from a distance, we can use our on judgement and intelligence to see who is wrong and who is right.
If they can't be reasoned with they should be removed.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
Well, I can hear what your saying. But look at this way.

When a U.S soldier dies, I imagine you are sad for him/her and their family? Why? because you support the troops, and you beleibve in what they are doing, and that is very noble and good. Would you not call them HEROES for fighting the enemy? Of course you would..who wouldnt?

Now lets flip it around. You have these people in afghanistan and pakistan, and they percevie the U.S and probably other nations as the enemy. In their eyes, allied troops are their to kill them, possibly rape their women (thing like this have happened, albeit on a small scale) etc etc. Now suppose you are a young pakistani girl/boy or whatever....you have no real means to fight these people. You probably dont have guns, or ammo, or other weapons of war. So you sacrifice yourself to "fight" your "enemy", and the result may be that you die but you kill 4-5 "enemies". So why wouldnt you be seen as a hero to your own people. what is sickening about that? isnt it good that they at least honour someone who they beleive has fallen to protect them?

Now, obviously, sitting back from a distance, we can use our on judgement and intelligence to see who is wrong and who is right.
Then I guess im ignorant and judgemental.. I support my country and our military 100% we are founded under GOD....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2009, 08:54 PM
mscomc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
If they can't be reasoned with they should be removed.
Forgive my need for clarity:

What do you mean exactly by that? I am not being sarcastic, I truly not 100% sure what you mean. Are you saying if you cant reason with someone you should remove them by force? for example: war, battle etc etc?

But if thats the case, there are those in the world who clearly beleive the U.S, the U.K (and other G8 countries, probably Canada as well) cant be reasoned with. So, should other countries be just as free then to attack us and remove us because in their view WE cant be reasoned with? If I totally missed your point please correct me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-2009, 09:00 PM
mscomc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Then I guess im ignorant and judgemental.. I support my country and our military 100% we are founded under GOD....
Again, sorry ahead of time, and forgive me need for clarity:

What do you mean "founded under god". Do you mean you are a nation that holds the values of God very closely as is it apparently written in your constitution or that God is directly responsible for the formation of the United States of America?

If its the latter you mean, and I propose this. Arent all things founded under god? I mean did you know that the official title of Pakistan is actually... "The Islamic Republic of Pakistan"... this is a country that beleives in its religion and god so much they put its title right in the name of the country. Now whether or no you beleive in Islam is another matter...we are all allowed freedom of religion....but from their perspective they beleive in God as well...so how does that make the U.S any more special in that reference?

If your point is that you are a nation that holds the values of God very closely as is it apparently written in your constitution, could you elborate further on how you feel this is significant? And if I have completely missed the boat on what you were saying, please let me know also. Take care
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
Forgive my need for clarity:

What do you mean exactly by that? I am not being sarcastic, I truly not 100% sure what you mean. Are you saying if you cant reason with someone you should remove them by force? for example: war, battle etc etc?

But if thats the case, there are those in the world who clearly beleive the U.S, the U.K (and other G8 countries, probably Canada as well) cant be reasoned with. So, should other countries be just as free then to attack us and remove us because in their view WE cant be reasoned with? If I totally missed your point please correct me.
This is 100% correct. If another nation fundamentally disagrees with us enough to declare please by all means do. Many of the conflicts in the world will eventually boil over and I would prefer we eliminated the threats one at a time.

NK and Iran come to mind. These countries cause NOTHING else but problems.

Muslim radicals will not stop until they are dead. I say lets kill them all before they have a chance to blow themselves up and take others with them. The world is festering around us with horrible people. It's within our ability to ease the suffering of those under their thumbs and we should do it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.