Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yeah, Alex is about 5'8" & weighs 180. He's been working out since high school & is a physical therapy/exercise science major.

The Bas does call for 100% power in every combo, but I think I'll tell Alex to back if off a bit & work more technique. Now, if you wanna see no technique but an @$$ load of power, here's Khurram:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NZpa...eature=channel
Dude if that guy learns technique he'll be freaking devastating!

[
Old 01-27-2009, 02:36 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Dude if that guy learns technique he'll be freaking devastating!
Yeah, but he doesn't give a crap about technique. He's a power lifter who, due to Brock's success, believes that technique is inconsequential. I keep trying to tell him that Brock's winning now because he's been working his technique non-stop, but he just responds with "Yeah, but he squats 600lbs. That's what makes him able to take people down!"
Old 01-27-2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but he doesn't give a crap about technique. He's a power lifter who, due to Brock's success, believes that technique is inconsequential. I keep trying to tell him that Brock's winning now because he's been working his technique non-stop, but he just responds with "Yeah, but he squats 600lbs. That's what makes him able to take people down!"
That's too bad. Then as long as you circle away from his power and stay on your toes you could totally light that fool up! jab, push kick and a could front leg kick and this would have problems

[
Old 01-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
That's too bad. Then as long as you circle away from his power and stay on your toes you could totally light that fool up! jab, push kick and a could front leg kick and this would have problems
Yeah, tell me about it. We actually went out to the clubs one time & as we left, he randomly decided that he wanted to fight me. I didn't wanna deal with it, but he dove in for a leg & I was able to stuff him & push away. He's strong as $h!t, but untrained.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Liam

Quote:
Yeah, tell me about it. We actually went out to the clubs one time & as we left, he randomly decided that he wanted to fight me. I didn't wanna deal with it, but he dove in for a leg & I was able to stuff him & push away. He's strong as $h!t, but untrained.
Friend or no friend Ben! you should have gator rolled him and made him tap or let him wake up so hes wise not to do that again !
Old 01-28-2009, 04:16 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Friend or no friend Ben! you should have gator rolled him and made him tap or let him wake up so hes wise not to do that again !
Yeah, I tend to just ignore him.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Crisco

I love the gator roll
Old 02-01-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I love the gator roll
they're good but I like spicy salmon and tuna rolls better.

[
Old 02-16-2009, 02:41 AM
mikthehick

UPDATE!!! woo!!!

Oooook. So after being sidelined the past month 'again', from being sick, again, I'm done with being sick. I punched sick in the face.

After a rough bout though, and feeling sry for myself wasn't helping anymore, I decided to fast last week and pray a bit (but that's for the Christian section...)

Anyway, down 8 pounds now, and I got back into eating really healthy and smart over the weekend. On Thursday it was gorgeous outside, so I just started to run in the woods near my house. Surprisingly I went about 1/2 mile, and I 'liked' it! Weird, since usually hate running. Been running every day for 4 days now, and Saturday went with a great friend to the park to kick around my soccer ball and swing on the swingset.

Tomorrow I'm going to Angie's class at my gym (see the website in siggy), and maybe do the medicine ball class too. The gal's class is fun b/c most of them are beginners (or been at it for only a few weeks). I'm also a beginner in my own right, but have been at it for 8 months.

It's time to get serious.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:58 PM
mikthehick

I'm starting to like eating healthy!!! Isn't that weird??!!

I took a 75 minute boxing class on Wednesday, Joe, a local guy who has his own boxing gym.

We did warm ups, shadow boxing for about 20 mins, then worked with the wall units and bags. Then we climb's "Joe's Mountain", which are when you are in pushup position and alternate moving b/t both legs, pushups, and scissor kicks. My arms are still killing me, which is awesome!

I took yesterday off but will continue running on the trail for the weekend. Should be most excellent!