Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Do you have Irish Travelers in your area? If so, have you had any interaction with them?
Do you mean Gypsies
Old 06-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Do the cops really wear Doc Martens?

Later.
I have no idea....probably not...because they take a while to lace up. Not that I know anything about boots whatsoever
Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I am currently reading Litter: How Other People's Rubbish Shapes Our Lives by Theodore Dalrymple. He states that, "Britons now drop litter as cows defecate in fields, or snails leave a trail of slime. That is to say, they do it naturally, without conscious reflection." Is litter in Britain really that bad?
YES!!! Well compared to Your country...some of it is because we have more people in less space, so it piles up more easy and gets noticed quicker...some of it is because in big cities people are encouraged to either take litter home...or drop it (the councils clear up the shyte) this is because in cities provisions for litter collections are deliberately sparse.

Bins Mean Bombs

Its a way of eliminating a hidden place that could be taken advantage of.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Do you mean Gypsies
No, Irish Travelers. Gypsies came from the Indian subcontinent in the Middle Ages. They were mistakenly thought to have come from Egypt - hence "Gypsies". Irish Travelers are ethnically Irish but have an itinerant lifestyle similar to Gypsies.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Back in '85, I flew British Air to France and they served scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream. It was scrumptious!! I'd never heard of clotted cream before, nom nom.
We call that "A Cream Tea" because its usually what one should eat when one has "High Tea" which one is supposed to take a 3pm

Imagine if you will a large stately manor house, with a big Terrace Garden, Madam is sitting at a stone table, (in a long flowing dress) its the middle of summer and she has a white lace lined brollie (to protect her from the sun) the children are picking daisies...and the Man of the house (Dressed in a suit and waistcoat, with a monocal, and a pocket watch on a golden chain) is sitting in an Armchair on the Veranda, smoking his cigar with a shot of brandy in hand.

The Butler appears with a sidekick, The Butler carries a large tray, on which is some bone china cups, a large teapot and strainer for the leaves, anda jug of fresh milk. His Sidekick carries a large plate on which are scones and Jam and Cream.

Its Three O Clock, and the Victorian family are about to take a spot of tea in the Garden

Old 06-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
No, Irish Travelers. Gypsies came from the Indian subcontinent in the Middle Ages. They were mistakenly thought to have come from Egypt - hence "Gypsies". Irish Travelers are ethnically Irish but have an itinerant lifestyle similar to Gypsies.
Not sure I'd be able to tell the difference. I havent met any Travelers or Gypsies...but they are a bloody nightmare...I have personal experience of seeing what they were capable of though
Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Blade

Quote:
There's no such thing as an Irish Traveller, only gypsies a.k.a pikey scum.