Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
the health department in Hawaii has said they have his original birth certificate on file, and there were even birth announcements in two local papers in 1961.
k, why doesn't B.O. provide the proof ...I believe that you natural born Americans (such as B.O. yea) can obtain a COPY of your birth certificate, am I wrong? I've seen the birth announcements, yet am still ill convinced as they could easily be faked.

the ball is in his court...he has chosen to remain on the bench and I believe in consequence he should be removed from office lest he provides proof. The sheer arrogance is astounding.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:36 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
k, why doesn't B.O. provide the proof ...I believe that you natural born Americans (such as B.O. yea) can obtain a COPY of your birth certificate, am I wrong? I've seen the birth announcements, yet am still ill convinced as they could easily be faked.

the ball is in his court...he has chosen to remain on the bench and I believe in consequence he should be removed from office lest he provides proof. The sheer arrogance is astounding.
It's easy to make an argument against something if you believe everything is faked. Newspapers are not as easy to fake bro. There are historians that have copies of all that stuff, libraries have those on microfilm. If those newspaper clippings were a lie, you would certainly have heard about that by now.

The issue is why hasn't he made the official certificate open to the public. I'm not sure that he legally has to. There are some valid questions raised, but also some compelling evidence that suggests it's a witch-hunt.

I just say it's better to focus on the bigger picture, and what his policy is going to do for our country.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Bush on the other hand, blatantly lied, and passed bills that we had no say in.
(Patriot act)
Lied or was simply mistaken? Obviously liberals are going to just assume that Bush lied because he's supposedly pure evil. But there is a difference between lying and just being wrong.

I never really paid much attention to the Patriot Act, but I did support it. I also don't recall a single Constitutional right that I had in 2001 that I don't still have right now. So I suspect the notion that it was stripping Americans of their rights was bogus. I'd be interested to see some evidence of that.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:03 PM
ufcfan2

Would this whole arguemnt be the same if this was a Republican president
Not saying if this stuff is true or not true we all know alot of 'funny business' goes on in politics by both parties. If u hate B.O. your gonna agree with anything that goes against him and vice versa.
If he turns out that he truely isn't a naturally born citizen then I concur that he probably should be taken out of office. I voted for the guy,but I also strongly believe u have to be a true natural born citizen as well.
Sadthing is if u do try to take them out regardless of his policies hes a popular President(for now) and lot of ppl got dose of new hope and to take him down would really deflate ppls morale to a degree.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
Would this whole arguemnt be the same if this was a Republican president
Not saying if this stuff is true or not true we all know alot of 'funny business' goes on in politics by both parties. If u hate B.O. your gonna agree with anything that goes against him and vice versa.
If he turns out that he truely isn't a naturally born citizen then I concur that he probably should be taken out of office. I voted for the guy,but I also strongly believe u have to be a true natural born citizen as well.
Sadthing is if u do try to take them out regardless of his policies hes a popular President(for now) and lot of ppl got dose of new hope and to take him down would really deflate ppls morale to a degree.
Actually, yes, if this was John McCain who refused to present his birth certificate (he was born in Panama), then you can guarantee that it would have received non-stop media coverage before the election. However, since Obama was the media darling, the news networks buried it and attempted to discredit anyone who dared question the authenticity of their anointed one.

And if McCain had been this shady about presenting his birth certificate, then I would be equally suspicious of him.

So, yes, there is a huge double standard going on here, just not the one you are implying.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Rev

To say that all of the questions and dislike are because he is a Democrat is lame. Even if you look past the Birth certificate issue, the fact remains that he has so many ties to known terrorist that he couldnt get a job with the FBI(fact), yet he can run our country! What??!!??!! All of the junk about, "its just because he isnt a Republican or whatever", is just that. JUNK. The man should not be the Commander in Chief of a military and justice department that he doesnt even qualify to work for.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:08 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger

Bush on the other hand, blatantly lied, and passed bills that we had no say in.
(Patriot act)
I would love to hear more on this. What do you mean 'that we had no say in'? Have you had any say in any bills passed? Did it not go through Congress?
Old 07-03-2009, 06:08 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
To say that all of the questions and dislike are because he is a Democrat is lame. Even if you look past the Birth certificate issue, the fact remains that he has so many ties to known terrorist that he couldnt get a job with the FBI(fact), yet he can run our country! What??!!??!! All of the junk about, "its just because he isnt a Republican or whatever", is just that. JUNK. The man should not be the Commander in Chief of a military and justice department that he doesnt even qualify to work for.
You know, I have never even considered that. That is very interesting.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Rev

lol. During my breaks from studying the word and visiting and praying with sick folks, i tend to get a little passionate about my country. sorry. lol
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
lol. During my breaks from studying the word and visiting and praying with sick folks, i tend to get a little passionate about my country. sorry. lol
No need to apologize here. I love passionate people.